PDA

View Full Version : Headphone Question!

Si the Sigh
30-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Ok, its my birthday & I have been given the choice of HD25's or Technics headphones. Which should I go for & wheres the cheapest place to buy either? :eh:

DJ Corbzy
30-04-2004, 11:25 AM
Ok, its my birthday & I have been given the choice of HD25's or Technics headphones. Which should I go for & wheres the cheapest place to buy either? :eh:

There both really good headphones, the HD25's would be my pick as they are fantastic sound and really comfortable and versatile.

The technics are hellova well built and really sturdy but the cup size is not to my liking as much as the HD's.

Both are damn good, but for me the HD's win everytime.

Si the Sigh
30-04-2004, 11:32 AM
I was leaning towards the HD25s to be honest. They are so much louder & clearer than the Technics IMO, but people I know who have had the HD25s have gone back to the Technics as the HD25's didnt last them that long...

gumpy green
30-04-2004, 01:19 PM

out of them id go for HD25...but i prefer the pioneers..

MARKEG
30-04-2004, 02:46 PM
definitely hd25's - but the split headband ones.

i've used em for years although i've lost about 5000 pairs of them :)

Dj Swannie
30-04-2004, 03:56 PM
I'd agree on the hd25's, the good thing is if you brake them everything is replacable, where as the Technics I don't think you can, Not that you wan't to go braking a £100 + pair of headphones of cousre ;)

Rog
01-05-2004, 12:17 AM
senheinzers rock!

the other cans are like "to big and heavy for me!" :dontevengothere:

DJ SPUDIE
09-05-2004, 09:34 PM
senheinzers rock!

There the best head phone ive used

Yoshimitsu
10-05-2004, 12:28 AM
senheinzers rock!

There the best head phone ive used

Yep :cool:

Barely Human
10-05-2004, 12:36 AM
I preffer the technics to be honest, but they are both really good headphones. Best bet, try before you buy, and see which you find suits you best.

cascade
10-05-2004, 12:20 PM
alot to do with personal preference

craig ryan brought his HD25'S around the other day and i was shocked by how small the cup actually is.

Ive always used technics lower end of the market cause i can get them £30.

im thinking of buying some new ones ths week, dont think ill go for the hd25's though, i prefer bigger cups, pioneer sound promising, but what happens when they brake????

its a tough choice i tell thee. :neutral:

DJCraig Ryan
23-05-2004, 12:06 PM
alot to do with personal preference

craig ryan brought his HD25'S around the other day and i was shocked by how small the cup actually is.

Ive always used technics lower end of the market cause i can get them £30.

im thinking of buying some new ones ths week, dont think ill go for the hd25's though, i prefer bigger cups, pioneer sound promising, but what happens when they brake????

its a tough choice i tell thee. :neutral:

That's right. To be honest they are not to my liking and i'm gonna have to get rid if anybody is interested, don't get me wrong the sound quality is excellent but they just don't suit me.

Paul Nisbet
23-05-2004, 03:10 PM
all about the pioneers for me.

Sturdy as funk, and they are class.

ampassasinbirmingham
23-05-2004, 09:02 PM
I love the Hd25's but i think only but them if your style suits them. I constantly keep the phones on my head so they are great and really fit tight to my head. But my friend who favours the listen then let loose of the headphones and keep them around your neck, it doesnt suit.

I would say the Hd25's all the way for sound quality, but beware, your records have to be near by beacause the cord is only 2metres and non coiled.(can i sort this out?????)

the best place to buy them is www.dj-store.co.uk
they are around £140 most places but they are only £99 here with free delivery:):):)

DJCraig Ryan
24-05-2004, 07:24 PM
I love the Hd25's but i think only but them if your style suits them. I constantly keep the phones on my head so they are great and really fit tight to my head. But my friend who favours the listen then let loose of the headphones and keep them around your neck, it doesnt suit.

I would say the Hd25's all the way for sound quality, but beware, your records have to be near by beacause the cord is only 2metres and non coiled.(can i sort this out?????)

the best place to buy them is www.dj-store.co.uk
they are around £140 most places but they are only £99 here with free delivery:):):)

Yeah, your spot on with that mate. I just gambled and bought them because of the reviews they get. I would say i am the same style as your mate.
As you say they are tight aswell and i prefer the heaphones to be more loose.
Could you recommend me any to suit my style?

I've got a gig coming up soon and i'm going to keep them for it and try them out properly, and if im still not happy get rid.

TechnoRaver
30-05-2004, 07:45 PM
[quote="ampassasinbirmingham"]
quote]

i swear you can buy like an extension cord thing, the cord is detatchable anyway.

but yeh hd25s are quality.

piginabush
30-05-2004, 08:12 PM
hd25s..... for the sound quality ;)

http://www.askdirect.co.uk/uview?call=ask.productBrowse&id=351&topcatid=7

£109 ;)

Si the Sigh
03-06-2004, 11:22 AM
I bought the Technics headphones in the end. £89. I'm pleased with them!

DJ Corbzy
03-06-2004, 11:24 AM
I bought the Technics headphones in the end. £89. I'm pleased with them!

Either way you've got a decent set of cans! :clap:

Si the Sigh
03-06-2004, 11:29 AM
Word!

Luke Revival
14-06-2004, 12:32 AM
My sonys lasted me 8 months max, playing out maybe 3 times.
My senheissers have lasted 2 years, are perfect and thats playin out 2-3 times a month.....

Senheisers all the way!

DJ SPUDIE
14-06-2004, 12:36 AM
My sonys lasted me 8 months max, playing out maybe 3 times.
My senheissers have lasted 2 years, are perfect and thats playin out 2-3 times a month.....

Senheisers all the way!

Ive got a set of wank senheisers at the mo. There the shitty open backed ones

disco diva
14-06-2004, 08:41 AM
got mine in woolies, £3.99 & they are the dogs danglies!! ;)

Yoshimitsu
14-06-2004, 11:39 AM

bargain :clap: :lol:

EmotionComplex
14-06-2004, 06:01 PM
there on about headphones not nipple clamps :doh: :crackup:

disco diva
14-06-2004, 09:27 PM

ooops!! :oops: :lol:

Yoshimitsu
14-06-2004, 11:02 PM

haha!! :lol:

techno_smack
22-06-2004, 12:37 PM
I think it always comes down to either the technics or the hd-25's, I have had both and rate both of them as really good headphones. I currently have the hd-25's and really love em.

also anyone who gets pissed off with the short cable, all ya need is an extension lead, u can get em everywhere and this solves that problem.

Evil G
22-06-2004, 03:43 PM
my first year of djing i think i broke 3 or 4 sets of headphones. then i switched to technics, and they've lasted 4 years.

i also like how tight they clamp onto your head. i sometimes jump around a lot while i'm playing. i borrowed somebody's sonys one time and they fell off. i was really lucky to catch them before they crashed into the turntables. oops! :)

DJ Corbzy
22-06-2004, 04:35 PM
my first year of djing i think i broke 3 or 4 sets of headphones. then i switched to technics, and they've lasted 4 years.

i also like how tight they clamp onto your head. i sometimes jump around a lot while i'm playing. i borrowed somebody's sonys one time and they fell off. i was really lucky to catch them before they crashed into the turntables. oops! :)

yeah the mdv series always fall off your head...many a time they've piled into the deck when i've been mixing... :lol:

Yoshimitsu
22-06-2004, 04:38 PM
whos dr. claire mcgregor corbz? :eh:

278d7e64a374de26f==