PDA

View Full Version : 2 new tracks

idontlikeitinthathole
02-05-2004, 03:16 PM
just a couple of tracks by me.not been making tunes for long so any help on how i can make them sound good are much appreciated. :neutral:
first ones a few months old and the seconds a couple of days, but are probably my better two:eh:. 2nd one is semi live on Reason using faders and mutes n stuff, with a bit of cleaning. ;)

http://www.dance-industries.com/dltrack.asp?track_id=4903
not too fond on the kick, but whenever i change it, it ****s everything else up.

http://www.dance-industries.com/dltrack.asp?track_id=4965
yeah dunno needs something :cry:

SlavikSvensk
02-05-2004, 09:22 PM
1st one needs a stronger kick.

these are done only with reason? if so, you've managed to get a hell of a lot out of the program! most reason-only tracks sound really weak, sonically speaking. these don't.

idontlikeitinthathole
02-05-2004, 11:08 PM
thanks for listening bud. any tips on making the kick stronger, ive compresed eq'ed it etc but anything too drastic changes the overall sound. maybe another more bassy/deep one that i can bring in somewheere?
yeah only using reason at the mo coz me computers just too damn slow to run tonnes of vsts so if anyone knows how to run more than 4 plugins though fruity withoput everthing crackling and shiting up then let me know.

anyone else good or bad comments welcome.

SlavikSvensk
02-05-2004, 11:16 PM
not really within reason...maybe others do? i feel like it needs more bottom end, have you tried fooling with the parametric eq?

...but i thought the kick you used on track 2 was mghty good for reason.

what do you use as source? sample? maelstrom? subtractor?

SlavikSvensk
02-05-2004, 11:17 PM
i generally use cibase for signal processing.

as for running more vstis in FL...you probably need more ram...

idontlikeitinthathole
03-05-2004, 12:47 AM
i feel like it needs more bottom end, have you tried fooling with the parametric eq?
ive been playing around but its tough to get it to sound bassy without it clipping.im probaly doing it wrong though. i need some new speakers too got mission m71s but there probably shit in comparrison to some good ones.

...but i thought the kick you used on track 2 was mghty good for reason.

what do you use as source? sample? maelstrom? subtractor?

cheers the kick though was just some reason sample though a sampler with some fiddling and filter and comp. not sure what source is but i just use the malstrom for the noises and some though subtractor, but not in these two.

SlavikSvensk
03-05-2004, 01:50 AM
do you have a pair of proper headphones? of so, do the whole mix monitoring on those.

twizted
04-05-2004, 03:00 PM
it needs a bassline,thats what it needs, theres like no bassline there at all.
somethin deep dark pulsing and driving would do alot for the track.

dan the acid man
06-05-2004, 10:36 PM
i really like the dark second track, as for the kick, try adding a few higher frequencies to bring it out of the bassline a bit more, also if you dont already, try compressing the kick and bassline together, also layering different kick together is also a good thing to try

278d7e64a374de26f==