PDA

View Full Version : Tune ID- Dave Clarke May 1st, Atomic Jam vs Split

CRAVEDJ-JM
03-05-2004, 06:11 PM
First of all anyone go, wot did u think?
Can someone please tell me the name of Dave Clarke's first tune.......its been haunting me for ages! Its a driving techno number with a minimal synth stab......very funky n tough...thats all the help I can give I'm afraid......its probably been out for a while tho...so maybe I'll be out of luck with this one.

If anyone can help i'll be most appreciative.

Cheers

JM

Smak
10-05-2004, 10:56 AM
Come on, surely someone knows?!

TechnoLaydee
10-05-2004, 01:12 PM
more info?

jonnyspeed
10-05-2004, 01:37 PM
Dave Clarke! :cry:

Frank Dogshit
10-05-2004, 04:34 PM
he played that ruskin mix of 'just ride' early on but i cant remember if it was the 1st tune or not.

CRAVEDJ-JM
10-05-2004, 08:00 PM
Sorry only specific info I can give is that the main synth line that drives the tune is a two note bell/string sound and its got a nice warm rolling bassline. Its minimal but funky and always gets the crowd going......I'm always on cloud nine when I've heard it so I'm probably no help at all. :oops:

:dontevengothere: Jonny Speed wots wrong with Dave Clarke eh? :eh:

He's always played phat sets when I've seen him, and I could prove my point. Sure many others would!

jonnyspeed
10-05-2004, 09:43 PM
bought wrong with dave clarke - just joshing with yer! :oops:

jonnyspeed
10-05-2004, 09:45 PM
nowt, even - before I start a little fire :oops:

davewebb
10-05-2004, 10:12 PM
I think the track you are on about is by Johan Bacto...its the one with the old hip hop sample and rolling bass?? Not sure what its called as mines a white but its the 3rd tune on my Radio 1 mix from last year (after Mark Williams "Macumba") if you can check that out. I actually played it not long b4 Dave at SPLIT.

Chris - SPLIT

davewebb
10-05-2004, 10:13 PM
eee

speed-it-up
10-05-2004, 10:34 PM
thought the event was ok but not a patch on Q Club

unfortunately all I can remember of Dave Clark was him cutting it up with the fader a bit :roll:

enjoyed Chris Fink ? (spelling) best - even dropped three 0 three on novamute.

ampassasinbirmingham
10-05-2004, 10:52 PM
if you want that radio one set here it is

http://grover.mvc.mcc.ac.uk/mixes/chris_finke_fergie_radio1_192.mp3

Listen to the begining its pure DMC mindbogling!!!!!

whos dave webb???

TechnoLaydee
10-05-2004, 10:57 PM
thought the event was ok but not a patch on Q Club

unfortunately all I can remember of Dave Clark was him cutting it up with the fader a bit :roll:

enjoyed Chris Fink ? (spelling) best - even dropped three 0 three on novamute.

no club can compare to the Que, but i thought the night itself matched ones ive seen at the Que before

split
10-05-2004, 11:29 PM
Sorry for the confusion-the last post was from me - someone was using my PC a while ago and never logged out so i thought i was logged on as "split" with hilarious consequences.

Chris

Tony
10-05-2004, 11:33 PM
wahey!! its all gone comedy keyboard slapstick :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jock
11-05-2004, 08:49 AM
I cant remember what Dave Clarke played at the start, but I do remember he was pretty class all the way through, hadn't seen him since Awakenings last year so was good!!!

Chris was brilliant, first time I have seen a main time set of his and it was quality, loads of funky and hard stuff thrown in, old classics as well and good skills.

Anyone got any news of the next Split, when it is etc?? What about these Retroverts boat parties??

slimboy
11-05-2004, 01:04 PM
Sorry only specific info I can give is that the main synth line that drives the tune is a two note bell/string sound and its got a nice warm rolling bassline. Its minimal but funky and always gets the crowd going......I'm always on cloud nine when I've heard it so I'm probably no help at all.

I'm pretty sure that it's the Ruskin rmx of Claude Young on Marco Bailey's label mate.

jock
11-05-2004, 02:37 PM
yeah it does sound like a description of it, and clarke has been playing it recently.

CRAVEDJ-JM
12-05-2004, 09:26 PM
Thanks people you been a real help......jus goes to show I made a good description of it......maybe should do some reviews :lol:
Its a f#*king good tune, would work very well in my sets.........anyone know the release date yet...and where I can get a copy please?

Thought Aj woz good but as its been said not like Que Club :cry:
Also thought Dj Rush's set woz pretty lame. Too many Shranz style tunes and not enough soul for my liking.....the whole two hours he played like that, bored me...coz there woz no change. Bit of a let down really.
Last time he did Que Club he rocked doin mad MCin and playin all the old classics.....some nice soulful jackin techno. Hopefully next one he'll make up for it.

Chris Finke my hats are off son, played a wicked set...plenty of variety...and very entertaining...looking forward to hearing more of him. :clap:

eyes without a face
12-05-2004, 09:31 PM
Ruskin has been on fire lately with his production, highlights being his remixes for both Clarke and Young and his "Definition of mixes" re-release (i think?) with Mac and Broom remixes is just ace.

Chris was musically the man of the night for me, he played some belting tracks and i take my hat off to the geezer!

ampassasinbirmingham
12-05-2004, 11:25 PM
Ruskin has been on fire lately with his production, highlights being his remixes for both Clarke and Young and his "Definition of mixes" re-release (i think?) with Mac and Broom remixes is just ace.

Chris was musically the man of the night for me, he played some belting tracks and i take my hat off to the geezer!

i think he cant mix for shit, ponces about to much and wears to much make up!!

eyes without a face
12-05-2004, 11:45 PM
well there is that yeah......

Frank Dogshit
13-05-2004, 01:05 PM
best ive probably seen rush mixing in a long time t'other week.

split
13-05-2004, 01:17 PM
Hang on Ampassassin, can i just confrim that i have never work makeup!! It may true i ponce around and cant mix for shit, but the makeup is out of line.

:nono: ;)

Hahaha

Chris

slimboy
13-05-2004, 01:51 PM

Ruskin's my favourite DJ at the moment. Always rated him but the last 3 or 4 times I've seen him he's been awesome. Always mixes it up and drops a few classics.

278d7e64a374de26f==