PDA

View Full Version : New Atomic Jam venue ?

Patrick
25-02-2003, 01:31 PM
I'm looking for some feedback on the new venue Atomic Jam are using. I used to absolutely love the Que Club (who didn't ?) but haven't been to the new venue yet.
I was thinking of going up for the Robert Hood one, but all my mates who were at the last one are refusing to go again. They say the venue was too small and overcrowded and for most of the night they ended up standing in rows as if they were at a gig with no room to dance.
I hope this is a one off bad experience cos I'm a huge fan of Atomic Jam and what they do. It's always been a name I trusted for quality events in the past.
Did any of you guys go? And if so what were your impressions ? I soooo want the bad reports I've heard to be wrong, but tell it like it is please......

ampassasinbirmingham
25-02-2003, 03:40 PM
The sanctuary is the perfect place for AJ. When it was last at CODE there was a 300 person overcrowd. I abseluteley adore Aj as it got me into techno but, the promoters are just money hungry. They had a total disregard for any of the clubbers. I will be going but only to see some quality music. The sound system is excellent but u cant dance for shit. My girlfriend refuses to go to Aj at CODE. The chill out area is 1 in 1 out and there is no where to chill out as everywhere is so hot. The promoters have taken an earful about this on the overload board so maybe they will have improved the situation. But it seems to me that AJ are interested in getting as many people through the door as possible and making a fat profit, rather than not packing the venue, making a decent profit, and letting the proper music lovers enjoy the night.

Sorry this was so long it just really pissed me off at CODE. I couldnt enjoy Jeff Mills to the full extent that i should have been able to.

Slammin Sam
25-02-2003, 06:59 PM
Yeah Atomic Jam better not overpack Code for this. I will certainly lose faith in them if they do and I'm sure I won't be alone.

eyes without a face
25-02-2003, 08:32 PM
i know the promoter personally and i can tell u he isnt just money hungry at all. to the best of my knowledge he doesnt make huge amounts of his nites, but enought to keep on going.

i personally would of liked it to b at the Sanctuary rather than CODE, but the venue isnt going to stop it being a good nite is it?

Esox Lucius
25-02-2003, 10:19 PM
one of my mates who wen`t the last code night said it was crap (the venue) he said there was hardly anywhere to sit to chill for a bit & it`s not even that good a venue, he said the sound system was very good though.

278d7e64a374de26f==