PDA

View Full Version : Jeff mills and Christian Smith Redbox

loko
04-05-2004, 02:15 PM
was there sunday nite!absolutely animal

christian smith absolutely blew it away for since i seen his last 2 hour set at colorfest!
not totally techno id say but really reallly REALLLY TUFF TUFF TUFF house!if there is such an expression!

mills gets away with palyin the bells!never sick of hearin it but he satrted off with sunshine!!!!!!!!!

WTF!!!!!!!!!

The Overfiend
04-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Why is he not allowed to play sunshine?
I know it's not the bells but why can't someone have range, I wouldnt mind if a dj played a metal song or a hip hop song along with the set as long as it flowed.

stefano1981
04-05-2004, 07:10 PM
I think it's more to do with the fact that Sunshine isn't a very good song.

The Overfiend
04-05-2004, 07:29 PM
I think it's more to do with the fact that Sunshine isn't a very good song.

In your opinion but someone liked it enough to put it out.

Sunil
04-05-2004, 07:43 PM
I wouldnt mind if a dj played a metal song or a hip hop song along with the set as long as it flowed.

I wouldn't mind either, would make it interesting alright. The point with "Sunshine" is that it's been overplayed, I guess some people would expect the likes of Mills to cop this and play something a bit less overplayed? It's big room techno and people like it sure, guess he's entitled, would be better if he didn't play it though :)

jake
04-05-2004, 08:21 PM
whats sunshine?

Capone
05-05-2004, 12:33 AM
The point with "Sunshine" is that it's been overplayed, I guess some people would expect the likes of Mills to cop this and play something a bit less overplayed? It's big room techno and people like it sure, guess he's entitled, would be better if he didn't play it though :)

Exactly. If he had played it 18-24 months ago, when it was fresh, it would have been grand, but now, heading towards summer '04!!???? Don't ****ing think so, Jeff.
;)

The Overfiend
05-05-2004, 01:06 AM
See now that I can understand. I guess he figured it was one of those time tested tracks. :neutral:

Daire
05-05-2004, 06:29 AM
whats sunshine?

I think their talking about: Tomaz vs Filterheadz - Sunshine - Intec

Stella Boy
05-05-2004, 08:15 AM
Is it me or does Mills get a good slagging off for at least one thing for every set he plays. Perhaps he should print his set list before every event to just check it fits in with what people want. :roll:

Methodixxx
05-05-2004, 08:20 AM
Bwaahahaha Stella... word... maybe he was feeling all happy and summery that day (it happens here, but I'm in Sydney ;) ) and thought he'd play a few tracks to give the crowd an idea of his mood...? I dunno... haha!

loko
05-05-2004, 09:02 AM
why was that so hard a message to understand summer of sam!

sunshine IS its overplayed and its frustrating to hear it so longa fter it was released!!he should be playin fresh stuff all the way (which he did)AND he did play a metal/rock/techy tune with an unreal guitar riff through it!

someone said it was a new one from chris liebing!im not so sure!any ideas?

he was fcukin excellent im not slaggin him! jesus!

Lisa Lavish
05-05-2004, 02:23 PM
Mills was much better then when he played in December in the redbox but christian smith for me was man of the night!! legendary! :clap: Great night all round I have to say!The bells was tune of the night 4 me :love: Was suprised mills played sunshine but didnt really bother tbh :)

jonnyspeed
05-05-2004, 03:00 PM
whats sunshine?

I think their talking about: Tomaz vs Filterheadz - Sunshine - Intec

That tune rocks - and to he honest some of the tunes that entertain the most (which is what we are DJing for) are some of the older tracks. Is Pontape out of date too?

Peace.

The Overfiend
05-05-2004, 03:53 PM
why was that so hard a message to understand summer of sam!

Do I look stupid to you? :scratch:
You did not clarify how happy you were with his set with your initial topic starter. :doh:
You didn't compliment his set until you were put on the spot for your original statement :dontevengothere:
And your last words were wtf. :doh:

So it's easliy understood how your initial message can and could be misconstrued. Think before you post, be a tad bit fuller in your opinions, and maybe we'll be able to understand the point you are trying to get at right off the bat.

loko
05-05-2004, 04:35 PM
for summer of sam......

"was there sunday nite!absolutely animal"

this would encompass BOTH DJS with an enphasis on smith ensued after my initial comment! end of topic!

Mills was much better then when he played in December in the redbox but christian smith for me was man of the night!! legendary! :clap: Great night all round I have to say!The bells was tune of the night 4 me :love: Was suprised mills played sunshine but didnt really bother tbh :)

Lisa i thought u said u were ragin u missed mills!
hes good alrite! he played an even better set at colorfest for 2 hours!he had to fill in for umek not turnin up AGAIN!

The Overfiend
05-05-2004, 05:01 PM
for summer of sam......

"was there sunday nite!absolutely animal"

Well pardon me because round these parts.
"ABSOLUTELY ANIMAL" :neutral:
is not a phrase we use.

g
05-05-2004, 07:47 PM
Why is he not allowed to play sunshine?
I know it's not the bells but why can't someone have range, I wouldnt mind if a dj played a metal song or a hip hop song along with the set as long as it flowed.
woody mcbride once had a party in minneapolis called Stairway To Headphones. hawtin was there, the first track he plays is Stairway to Heaven. the. whole. damn. thing. the look on everyone's face was priceless.

Stella Boy
05-05-2004, 08:14 PM
woody mcbride once had a party in minneapolis called Stairway To Headphones. hawtin was there, the first track he plays is Stairway to Heaven. the. whole. damn. thing. the look on everyone's face was priceless.

Quality :lol:

Lisa Lavish
05-05-2004, 09:02 PM

Lisa i thought u said u were ragin u missed mills!
hes good alrite! he played an even better set at colorfest for 2 hours!he had to fill in for umek not turnin up AGAIN!

I was raging I missed jamie lidell...sure I was talking to you while mills was on lol :lol:

loko
05-05-2004, 09:43 PM
sh1t.............i meant to say SMITH!

thought you said you missed his said on another board!sorry head AINT with it within a mile!!!thesis!

Lisa Lavish
05-05-2004, 10:44 PM
hahaha didnt miss smith,sure I went to see him over mills&was the first person to go into the redbox thinkin he was first on but robbie was on from 10-11..oh god I wished I missed it lol fantasticly terrible..better tune selection then last time but sounded like galloping horses tryin 2 mix :nono: ah sure didnt ruin my night,I just tend to laugh those things off :lol:

jock
06-05-2004, 08:17 AM
So what was chrisitan smith playing??? House music?

Am going to see the both of them at Tribal in Manc for my birthday, I know what I will get from Mills and I thought I would be geting some quality tribal/funky techno from Smith??

loko
06-05-2004, 10:57 AM
nah nah............really tuff techy stuff!

wasnt full on techno but techno none the less! he palyed some sorta remix of sea level im pretty sure of that! either that or he was sampling it over another record but the build up was defo the same!

Rhys
07-05-2004, 01:39 PM
Is Pontape out of date too?

Yes it f**king is.

Stella Boy
07-05-2004, 06:09 PM

Yes it f**king is.

Perhaps all vinyl should have a best before date :roll:

massplanck
07-05-2004, 07:54 PM

Yes it f**king is.

nay. It should explode after 200 plays.

The Overfiend
07-05-2004, 07:58 PM

Yes it f**king is.

lol

Scrawny
07-05-2004, 08:24 PM
IMHO the main difference between Pontape and Sunshine is that Sunshine was never a good tune in the first place.

dirty_bass
07-05-2004, 09:02 PM
I wish he`d just stop playing the bells.

"the bells the bells, esmeralda!"

It`s a bit like a "sharon and tracy" DJ in essex, playing come on eileen, by dexies midnight runners, every week.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh

Stella Boy
07-05-2004, 09:35 PM
Aye, you always know he's gonna drop this but the same could be said about Beltram with energy flash. I guess people expect it to be played and when it does, they go crazy. I'm pretty sure that if Mills didn't drop the bells in his set then new posts would be put up everywhere asking why he didn't play it. I'm personally a bit bored of this tune but I'm sure I'd be bopping away if it was dropped in a club.

278d7e64a374de26f==