PDA

View Full Version : TECHNICS

BOXY
25-02-2003, 04:25 PM
CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHAT YOU DO TO SPEED UP THE PITCH ON TECHNICS DECKS AND IF IT OK DOIN IT

Patrick
25-02-2003, 04:34 PM
Everything you need to know about customising your technics, including how to give them blue LED's, can be found at :

http://music.hyperreal.org/dj/sl1200.html

saki nzyme
25-02-2003, 09:05 PM
i sped mine up once, all you do is take the platter off and there is a small screw, just turn that and hey presto there sped up!

ive heard rumors that they dont hold the beat as well once you have pissed around with them, not sure how true that is but mine seem to be ok.

karlo
25-02-2003, 10:51 PM
Man, leave it like orginal.
Once when you are touching it, you will never turn it back like orginal !!!!!
That is my adavice :wink:

Regards

Tyrisia
25-02-2003, 11:13 PM
Go 4 it if u need 2, it makes adjusting the beat and getting it spot on much harder in the positive section, but in the negative section it makes it easier as there is less minus adjustment, I think. I say I think cos I did it about 4 years ago 2 mine, so can't really remember that well, but found that it was more hassle than it's worth, setting a mix takes longer and much more fiddling about, so I adjusted them back as near as I could get 2 the original spec. Anyways, most tunes sound stoopid sped up too much.

DJZeMig_L
26-02-2003, 01:01 AM
Small precise adjustements become very hard!!

A decks pitch is never "absolutly" right when u buy it (different decks have very small pitch tunnings.. so smal that probably u'll notice by other factors b4 the pitch itself)..

Organize yer Rec.s in yer bags by speed/ bpm so u don't need 2 go so far out with pitch .. it's good trainning 2! ;)

Z

Epps
27-02-2003, 11:10 AM
Organize yer Rec.s in yer bags by speed/ bpm so u don't need 2 go so far out with pitch .. it's good trainning 2! ;)

Fantastic piece of advice Z. Sounds so practical but I've certainly never looked at it in that way.

DJZeMig_L
27-02-2003, 12:39 PM
eheheh

The thing is I've donne this 4 several years 'cause I always take about 160-180 recs. But when U play abrod u generally have 2 cut it down ... so u mess the all bag, but having bpm written on the recs makes putting everything back in order so much easier! :)

Then U get the feeling of where a certain record might b, so u don't have 2 go crazy looking around your bags 4 a certain record that i want 2 play next!! :)

Z

Adverse
27-02-2003, 01:35 PM
just quickly... i tried adjusting the pitch range and brake on my tuntables and everything went to hell (had to send it in for repairs).. you should not be doing something like this unless you have the proper tools..

Patrick
27-02-2003, 02:51 PM
I reckon the advice from Z is best and I've personally never felt the need to pitch up the 1210's. But I'm not sure it is that difficult to do. Personally I wouldn't tackle it as I'm all thumbs when it comes to electronic stuff, but my mates with a little bit more mechanical/electronic know-how than me insist it's not that difficult.

And some DJ's insist on having the turntables pitched up. For example, part of the backline for Robert Hood reads :

3. Technics 1200 / 1210 turn-tables MUST be Pitched up, this is a MUST otherwise Robert will STOP the set in order to have this done, so it should be done prior to his performance

Horses for courses, I guess.

DJAmok
27-02-2003, 03:05 PM
There is a simple solution for this problem

go with time - get a good Vestax Turntable.

No sense in trying to make a machine something it ain´t. It´s like tuning a VW Golf, no matter how much horsepower, it always stays a crappy car. If ya want a fast one, go for the vette and enjoy it

Chazbloke
27-02-2003, 03:48 PM
There is a simple solution for this problem

go with time - get a good Vestax Turntable.

No sense in trying to make a machine something it ain´t. It´s like tuning a VW Golf, no matter how much horsepower, it always stays a crappy car. If ya want a fast one, go for the vette and enjoy it

AMEN!

Barely Human
27-02-2003, 03:53 PM
Vestax are awwwwwful! But thats my opinion!

Stick with technics and u cant go wrong!

Speed them up if u want, ive had mine like that for years, but it does make the positive pitch a bit fidily.

technosnob
04-03-2003, 07:08 PM
THE BEST WAY I FOUND TO SPEED UP MY TECHNICS IS WHEN I THREW
THEM OUT THE WINDOW OF MY CAR WHEN I WENT TO PICK UP MY NEW
VESTAX....... :twisted:

THAT MOD TOOK THEM FROM +8% TO WELL OVER 60 KM/H

Anonymous
04-03-2003, 09:54 PM
THE BEST WAY I FOUND TO SPEED UP MY TECHNICS IS WHEN I THREW
THEM OUT THE WINDOW OF MY CAR WHEN I WENT TO PICK UP MY NEW
VESTAX....... :twisted:

THAT MOD TOOK THEM FROM +8% TO WELL OVER 60 KM/H

Nice entrance! :lol:

DJAmok
07-03-2003, 12:39 AM
threw em out the window? :shock:

ya could´ve sold em, you know? :lol:

TripleX
07-03-2003, 12:04 PM
sometimes i feel like throwing my vestax´s outta the window, cause of their shitty balance (pitch stability ):evil:

Adverse
07-03-2003, 07:49 PM
i played on those vestax's. if you are a multi genred dj it makes sense to have them cause you can pitch a ambient record with an old jazz record Etc. as for techno i don't know. like i said i played on both and i'd rock 1200's over them anyday the platter position and the torque running in the motor are just too annoying. the cons outway the pros for a mostly techno based dj like myself.

278d7e64a374de26f==