PDA

View Full Version : Kill Memory Crash - Never Forget (ghostly)

matt303
06-05-2004, 07:01 PM
I heard this on John Peel about two months ago now and i have finally got my hands on copy. A bit different from what i usually pick up, with more of an electroclash feel to it. Anyone heard it, what are you thoughts? Apparently they do some more down tempo stuff as well, so i'd be interested to know if anyone has heard any of that as well.

SlavikSvensk
09-05-2004, 01:33 AM
yep...a friend of mine runs ghostly...based in ann arbor, MI...about 40 minutes from detroit...they put out a lot of interesting stuff...not all of it to my taste, but all of it worth a listen.

matthew dear's album "leave luck to heaven" is really good, as is the 12" compilation "state of the union ep."

Sunil
09-05-2004, 02:38 PM
Ghostly is a wicked label, they don't always stick to the same style which is kinda good. One recent EP (Forget the name) for instance was an electronica record different to other stuff I'd heard on the label and it was very nice. Spectral the sub label with Matthew Dear's album is wicked too, particularly liked his single which came out after it, "Anger Management" is the name of it.

matt303
09-05-2004, 02:44 PM
Cheers, i'll have a look for those...their website is pretty good too.

SlavikSvensk
09-05-2004, 06:39 PM
probably my favorite stuff on there is tad mullinix's stuff recorded under the name james cotton. sort of tongue-in-cheek cut-up take on chicago house and more tracky detroit stuff.

278d7e64a374de26f==