PDA

View Full Version : budget studio monitors

wellso
07-05-2004, 11:34 AM
the SQ of my hi-fi speakers doesnt seem to cut it when I am working on a tune, so Ive decided to upgrade my speakers. Can anyone reccommend some studio moniters (pref. active if not pushing the budget too much :lol: ) for under £200? thank you ppl

dj dawson
09-05-2004, 01:40 PM
Yo man,I'm saving up for a pair of Beringer Truth Active monitors.They are around 250 quid,but are definately worth the cash.try looking on ebay for a 2nd hand pair 2.dawson

EmotionComplex
10-05-2004, 10:19 AM
alesis m1 actives , 250 ish now, id definetly reccomend them for budget pair but the lower end translation can be a little loose, as long as you have a secondary reference with a good bottom end responce (i use a pair of low responsive headphones to check the lower end) then your larrrrrrrrrrfing :rambo:

they give a good representation of the stereo image and are pretty darn accurate for the mid's and hi's

cascade
10-05-2004, 12:25 PM
alesis m1 actives , 250 ish now, id definetly reccomend them for budget pair but the lower end translation can be a little loose, as long as you have a secondary reference with a good bottom end responce (i use a pair of low responsive headphones to check the lower end) then your larrrrrrrrrrfing :rambo:

they give a good representation of the stereo image and are pretty darn accurate for the mid's and hi's
mine are comming this week.
WOOOO

cant wait o get some proper sounds on my tracks instead of my mongy steryo.

alesis rock, my sister has some,
:rambo:

duncandisorderly
17-05-2004, 05:01 PM
i checked out the truth's and found that they are not as loud as the alesis by a long way. that said they do indeed rock (more bon jovi to the alesis's korn .... :shock: where did that come from???)

278d7e64a374de26f==