PDA

View Full Version : New track deep brummy/detroit techno style nice & freind

thorin
10-05-2004, 12:25 AM
check it, let me know your opinion.

also anyone know what labels closely match this style?

called: <miro anal re/awards>

link: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/luke.hastilow1/TEST1-70.mp3

tia. luke

dirty_bass
10-05-2004, 06:06 AM
This is very nice mate.
Minimal and spooky.
I dunno, it fits in with a lot of the darker Prog that`s out there. Maybe some of the stuff on pipeline?

whatever, this is class. Nice production.

quack
10-05-2004, 08:16 AM
I'd hate to be the exlamation point post but this track is hot!!! that rare open high hat pitch shift thing is amazing. nice mixdown, clean reverb too what is it if you don't mind?

bryan sleiter
10-05-2004, 05:13 PM
Wow,

I love this track.
lovely atmospherics, really spacy.
great low-end synth sounds.

I'd buy this in a record store. :clap:

thorin
11-05-2004, 03:14 AM
thanks for the +ve dudes:) im happy your likin this, ill finish it soon an post,, maybe use as demo material, wut labels tho??

the hats are clean-> they were straight out da drumstation (Hardware), thru compression, efx rack unit (zoom1204 reverb??) then recorded as audio on cubase project.

I dunno, hardware on hats seems to have a more "clear" and "airy" sound. Love the Drumstation, best thing pr a 909.. The poked efx are from gating the hats usin the HW compressor, and pitch shift on the ride insert as ya would live:)) jus chopped it to make it abruptly end as if it had been crossfaded in a mix.

reverb is always good. nothin special here, jus standard cubase reverb. I just always have quite long delays, LOADS of pre-delay timed to sync with the next 16th along in the beat, and use very sparsly, like 3% wet... it just adds ambience.

luke

herman
11-05-2004, 07:50 PM
thats a cool track , only change i would make is loose the speech at some stage probably at about the 1min 30 stage or something and change up the hats once in a while to keep the movement going.

psyCodEd
11-05-2004, 09:38 PM
yeah. kool track. i really like it! :clap:

dan the acid man
12-05-2004, 03:08 AM
this is great, i love the random synth's that keep coming in here and there, great production also

networkacid
12-05-2004, 06:58 AM
This track is awesome. I'd send it to Tresor or maybe Downwards (Surgeon's label)

DJZeMig_L
12-05-2004, 01:26 PM
Like the track's feeling but I would loose the speach or cut it in bit and bring it in the same "occasional" way as the sounds...

also I would had some movement 2 the hats by making them open and close (the clsd hats)...

I think most of the sounds and that sort of hat break are 2 lound in the mix.. still I like the track!

Nice work!

Z

The Divide
12-05-2004, 01:29 PM
This is ****in brilliant :shock:

thorin
13-05-2004, 01:40 AM
thanks all:) specailly Ze migl, constructive:) ive finished this off today, will render soon. the mixing of levels is bad on this i know, just thrown together for a test.. all sorted now will repost.

This is a really difficult track to bring in.. maybe someone else has had this feeling with a track. Wondering any tips to get round this:)

luke

Col
13-05-2004, 07:32 PM
luke. this track is fu*king awesome. full stop. i knew i would be in for a musical feast when i chose to download this track (im still on dial-up), as its not the first time you have really come up with the goods.

love the random hat, love the random fx, and the synth sounds that enter at the break are just amazing.

you really know how to push musical boundries luke, my only surprise is that you still havent got a demo package together. like the Z man said just tone down the volume levels slightly on the random hat & the synth at the break.

do you have a website? if not, get one sorted, you know it makes sense.

and to all those impressed with lukes shit, go back through the posts and listen to the previous stuff this guy has made (if u still have them up), he hardly got any replys to the previous tracks hes posted, and they just ooze quality. every track ive heard from luke would have been bought if i would have come across it in a record shop. ive no doubt that if u send a few demos out, your tracks will be snapped up in no time.

imo your the best producer on this board still without a release.

keep them coming mate.

Col
13-05-2004, 07:35 PM
This is a really difficult track to bring in.. maybe someone else has had this feeling with a track. Wondering any tips to get round this:)

luke

ive got a tip: dont surrender art for the sake of been dj friendly.

gunjack
13-05-2004, 07:51 PM
This track is awesome. I'd send it to Tresor or maybe Downwards (Surgeon's label)

http://www.templeofblood.com/~ncc386/ubb_images/right.jpg

278d7e64a374de26f==