11-05-2004, 02:46 PM
Engineered by guy mcaffer boyo

Spooney
11-05-2004, 02:52 PM
I dont like this at all :shock:

Sunil
11-05-2004, 02:52 PM
Engineered by guy mcaffer boyo

That doesn't mean anything. Sorry to be disrespectful and that but this kinda stuff isn't techno forum material, let's not pretend ;) Anne Savage is the Queen of hardhouse for God Sake!

Si the Sigh
11-05-2004, 02:53 PM
I dont like this at all :shock:

I'm with you on this one Ben. Not my cup of tea really. :neutral:

Louk
11-05-2004, 02:55 PM
im in teh minority again then ;)

Louk

Tiptoe
11-05-2004, 06:11 PM
eye not my cup of tea either am affraid

Frank Dogshit
11-05-2004, 06:55 PM
shite

jonnyspeed
11-05-2004, 07:25 PM
im in teh minority again then ;)

Louk

I'm with you and so are all my mates! phat EP! rave on!

dan the acid man
11-05-2004, 08:21 PM
not heard this yet but i do own a few sterling moss record's, i'll give it a listen when i find it

Esox Lucius
11-05-2004, 08:29 PM
anne savage is the latest to jump on that big old techno band wagon then i see...

jonnyspeed
11-05-2004, 08:39 PM
Man, come on! This EP is on the edge but Sterling Moss does a grand job off keeping a hard edge. It sound wicked on a rig - one side is yes, having a paddle in the hard house pool and the other has hard house under currents but its still a good EP that goes down well with Bam Bam, SUF, Hydraulix etc... so leave the post to those people who like it? each to their own eh?

;) peace

Esox Lucius
11-05-2004, 09:06 PM
fair point johnny, should really listen to the track first, any links?

eyes without a face
11-05-2004, 09:18 PM
terrible record

u shud know better than to post a record featuring Anne ****ing Savage in the hard techno forum of blackout audio!

get a grip come on, Anne Savage for ****s sake

Paul Nisbet
11-05-2004, 09:24 PM
Thought it wasnae the best tbh.

jonnyspeed
11-05-2004, 10:11 PM
well lots of good points here. but it is harder than her usual output:

this one (yes it says hard house... okay!) - http://www.bangingtunes.com/itemdetail_vinyl.asp?ItemID=RACETRAX001

and her usual stuff...
http://www.bangingtunes.com/itemdetail_vinyl.asp?ItemID=GOODGREEF001

Sunil
12-05-2004, 12:37 AM
Man, come on! This EP is on the edge but Sterling Moss does a grand job off keeping a hard edge. It sound wicked on a rig - one side is yes, having a paddle in the hard house pool and the other has hard house under currents but its still a good EP that goes down well with Bam Bam, SUF, Hydraulix etc... so leave the post to those people who like it? each to their own eh?

;) peace

With all due respect to the people who made this, it is rubbish - full of of cliched and tired techniques, prolonged breakdowns and the standard drum loop that's in all of these tracks. It sounds wicked on a rig? I bet it sounds just as brutal on a rig as it does coming though my speakers now. I don't reckon people should post this on this forum, it doesn't come under my understanding of what this forum is meant to discuss or represent.

I mean what can we say about it? "That's a lovely reverse cymbal before it kicks in", "What a throbbing bassline", "Those hi hats are so clean" etc. ?

It's shit, it's not techno and it doesn't belong here..

The Divide
12-05-2004, 08:43 AM
It doesnt sound like techno to me, is that the right sound file?

Esox Lucius
12-05-2004, 09:48 AM
that is awful and certainly not techno! :nono:

jonnyspeed
12-05-2004, 10:35 AM

;) peace

With all due respect to the people who made this, it is rubbish - full of of cliched and tired techniques, prolonged breakdowns and the standard drum loop that's in all of these tracks. It sounds wicked on a rig? I bet it sounds just as brutal on a rig as it does coming though my speakers now. I don't reckon people should post this on this forum, it doesn't come under my understanding of what this forum is meant to discuss or represent.

I mean what can we say about it? "That's a lovely reverse cymbal before it kicks in", "What a throbbing bassline", "Those hi hats are so clean" etc. ?

It's shit, it's not techno and it doesn't belong here..

With all due respect to you this board is not about posting on artists you don't like.

This is one post and Sterling Moss is a favourate acid techno producer of mine and frankly people attitude to Hard Dance/House is appauling. The Rompter Stompter track could easily have been released on SUF - whilst that may say something for SUF and the Geezer formula, I don't think there would have been the same reaction.

Si the Sigh
12-05-2004, 11:33 AM
*WOO WOO WOO WOO! SCREECH!*

- - - - - - - ___@@@___
_______//_________\\__________
\----------TECHNO-POLICE--------------@)
'-----(@)============(@)-----------'

"Sterling Moss & Anne Savage...I'm arresting you for crimes against techno"

Esox Lucius
12-05-2004, 12:16 PM

- - - - - - - ___@@@___
\----------TECHNO-POLICE--------------@)

"Sterling Moss & Anne Savage...I'm arresting you for crimes against techno"

that's quality si :clap:

The Divide
12-05-2004, 12:17 PM
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The Divide
12-05-2004, 12:17 PM
:lol: Isnt it just

jonnyspeed
12-05-2004, 01:15 PM
...and yer last release on Jackstar my boy was really shit poorly produced noise - IMO

Si the Sigh
12-05-2004, 01:19 PM
...and yer last release on Jackstar my boy was really shit poorly produced noise - IMO

:shock:

jonnyspeed
12-05-2004, 01:44 PM
Appologies it wasn't Jackstar and it wasn't you... :oops:

Numeric
12-05-2004, 01:45 PM

Who's that aimed at?

jonnyspeed
12-05-2004, 01:46 PM
Ignore me! :roll:

Si the Sigh
12-05-2004, 02:03 PM

- - - - - - - ___@@@___
\----------JONNY SPEED POLICE-------@)

"Jonny Speed...I am arresting you for being very confused" :lol: :crackup: :lol:

jonnyspeed
12-05-2004, 03:19 PM
* note to buy more of that monkey as it seems to be working well at killing memory, keeping one grumpy in a morning, makes it difficult to walk too and the speed of loops sound crystal when yer mixing. er, sorry... what was I talking about?

ampassasinbirmingham
12-05-2004, 03:34 PM
to me, the A track gromper stomper is most deffinantly techno. It sounds like some of the london stuff to me??? Just because its by anne savage doesnt mean its not techno. Listen to it! Its deffinantly very shit lame techno. But techno nether the less.

Fake DJ
12-05-2004, 05:53 PM
to me, the A track gromper stomper is most deffinantly techno. It sounds like some of the london stuff to me??? Just because its by anne savage doesnt mean its not techno. Listen to it! Its deffinantly very shit lame techno. But techno nether the less.

cudnt have pu it better myself, it is a techno tune, not a very good 1 at that :nono: but jus cos havin anne savages name on it dont mean jack shid....well apart from its inevitably gonna be pants...

you can tell straight away the bside is done by guy, no disrespect to him, it dis sound rather like raw 20 (the first few bars i mean..)

jonnyspeed
12-05-2004, 06:57 PM
shit man, she is pretty though?

jonnyspeed
12-05-2004, 07:05 PM
man found this on her site...

"You knew when Her Royal Maj was about to take her throne as even the queue for the glow-sticks dissipated and headed for the floor. At this point the DJ booth to us clubbers was what Mecca is like to Islam. Every single person in the house was faced towards Anne, glow-sticks in hand (and a few other unmentionable places) and arms in the air - this was without exception. All everyone wanted to do was prey to the musical goddess. And prey we did, all the way through every thumping tune, every slick mix and every single bass-line. Standing at the back all you could see was a vast sea of arms and UV sticks waving in the air in time to the sweet vibrations. She even seemed to be enjoying herself as much as we were."

**** glowsticks. Actually I take back every comment - she really should die for crimes against electronic music.

MangaFish
12-05-2004, 07:52 PM
anne savage is the latest to jump on that big old techno band wagon then i see...

not really. shes been doing 'techy' hardhouse long before it was 'cool'

The Divide
12-05-2004, 07:55 PM
man found this on her site...

"You knew when Her Royal Maj was about to take her throne as even the queue for the glow-sticks dissipated and headed for the floor. At this point the DJ booth to us clubbers was what Mecca is like to Islam. Every single person in the house was faced towards Anne, glow-sticks in hand (and a few other unmentionable places) and arms in the air - this was without exception. All everyone wanted to do was prey to the musical goddess. And prey we did, all the way through every thumping tune, every slick mix and every single bass-line. Standing at the back all you could see was a vast sea of arms and UV sticks waving in the air in time to the sweet vibrations. She even seemed to be enjoying herself as much as we were."

**** glowsticks. Actually I take back every comment - she really should die for crimes against electronic music.

:lol: :lol:

MangaFish
12-05-2004, 07:59 PM
to me this definatly sounds like a hardhouse tune. but atleast its a bit more original and trying to diversify a little from the usual hardhouse pack.

a tune like this doesnt nessesserially deserve being posted in this forum, however im glad it has been as its raised a good question:

where do you draw the line between techno and x

dan the acid man
12-05-2004, 08:27 PM
not my cup of tea tbh, the a side is techno though, it sounds too much like geezer for me

Capone
12-05-2004, 08:35 PM
Anne Savage my f.uckin hole! Bullshit hard house- rubbish-peddler, turned techo bandwagon-jumping cunt.

Heard she's doing a remix of Red Planer- Stardancer, with someone else :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Esox Lucius
12-05-2004, 08:43 PM
Billy depends what your definition of techno is boyo ;)

Col
12-05-2004, 10:44 PM

cudnt have pu it better myself, it is a techno tune, not a very good 1 at that :nono: but jus cos havin anne savages name on it dont mean jack shid....well apart from its inevitably gonna be pants...

:lol:

when i first set eyes upon these threads i think to myself "here we go again" but after reading the associated posts i am always entertained. always. :clap:

Col
12-05-2004, 10:50 PM

good point. how do you define techno? repetitive music = techno. doesnt do techno proud does it?

Capone
12-05-2004, 10:53 PM

good point. how do you define techno? repetitive music = techno. doesnt do techno proud does it?

Well whatever anyone's "definition of techno" is, I'm pretty sure the majority of people would agree that the tracks in question are rubbish, would they not????

ampassasinbirmingham
12-05-2004, 11:20 PM

thats exactlly my point, this tune covers the term techno. but to me, half the Harder faster shit from germany isnt techno?????

I mean how different is Hawtin to Amok?
Sims to liberators?
Surgeon to picotto?
LFO to reeko?

i could go on forever. We all do it, love labelling things. I didnt think i did it till my girlfriend said "Stop labeling everything". I would be watching MTV and saying, "oh look you can tell britney spears has an exellent producer behind her, listen to the filters and mad breakdown hes using in comercial music".

THE TERM TECHNO MEANS SHIT ANYMORE!!!!

if i went into a record store and said, give me techno, any idea what i would be given???? IMO the term techno has become far to vast, so i think we all have to get outa the habit of saying, "ohh look anne savage making techno", when we all know that, and im assuming that we all agree that it doesnt really matter what the **** she makes, as any self respecting artist wouldnt touch her tunes with a barge pole as she comes from a "Kiddy music" background.

Col
12-05-2004, 11:31 PM

Well whatever anyone's "definition of techno" is, I'm pretty sure the majority of people would agree that the tracks in question are rubbish, would they not????

i havent even heard them yet mate. :lol: nor do i intend to.

jonnyspeed
12-05-2004, 11:47 PM
all sound like pots and pans and anyway nobody listens to techno. why don't you get dressed up like normal people. Your dad and I just can not understand why you look so scruffy and hang about with all your druggy mates. We know how you manage to say awake all night...

Esox Lucius
13-05-2004, 07:40 AM

thats exactlly my point, this tune covers the term techno. but to me, half the Harder faster shit from germany isnt techno?????

I mean how different is Hawtin to Amok?
Sims to liberators?
Surgeon to picotto?
LFO to reeko?

i could go on forever. We all do it, love labelling things. I didnt think i did it till my girlfriend said "Stop labeling everything". I would be watching MTV and saying, "oh look you can tell britney spears has an exellent producer behind her, listen to the filters and mad breakdown hes using in comercial music".

THE TERM TECHNO MEANS SHIT ANYMORE!!!!

if i went into a record store and said, give me techno, any idea what i would be given???? IMO the term techno has become far to vast, so i think we all have to get outa the habit of saying, "ohh look anne savage making techno", when we all know that, and im assuming that we all agree that it doesnt really matter what the **** she makes, as any self respecting artist wouldnt touch her tunes with a barge pole as she comes from a "Kiddy music" background.

very good points, and I agree totally about hard german stuff, to me that is not techno.

Tiptoe
13-05-2004, 09:17 AM
let her do her thing. if they want to put crap out fair enough. Will probably sell loads too but thank god i don't go to nights where i would have the to listen to this. Non of the real techno dj's (i know its such a broad genre but still) will be playin this anyway i hope. Only hard dance ones so let em do it i will stick to real techno and real techno nights thank you :rambo:

jonnyspeed
13-05-2004, 09:18 AM
I would be watching MTV...

why?

Numeric
13-05-2004, 10:07 AM
Down with plastic techno...

:protest:

Louk
13-05-2004, 10:46 AM
oh well i wish i hadnt posted this now

I like it mind - it does sound like a lot of geezers other stuff

Louk

Louk
13-05-2004, 10:46 AM
sort of in a raw 15 vein

Louk

davethedrummer
13-05-2004, 12:07 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz :sleeping:

Frank Dogshit
13-05-2004, 01:02 PM
nice avatar there john mate.

special.

Esox Lucius
13-05-2004, 01:32 PM
got to love old bob, he's caught more big bream than gary glitter has had under age rent boys :lol:

Si the Sigh
13-05-2004, 02:49 PM
http://www.smlinks.com/sotw/why/image013.gif

ampassasinbirmingham
13-05-2004, 05:58 PM
I would be watching MTV...

why?

my girlfriend makes me watch music and i constantly tell her its to be listened to. All i wanna watch are cooking programs and DIY:(

jonnyspeed
13-05-2004, 06:23 PM
Have admit to being a bit of a fan of CD:UK but with the sound off ;)

hmmm... cat dealy. :love:

gary_human
13-05-2004, 06:48 PM
http://www.smlinks.com/sotw/why/image013.gif

What the **** - you have some messed up cut and paste shit in your repertoire Mr Sigh - thats funny freaky shit man!!!

Did you MC at Country Club - i used to play at Kaos for Meri (Jason S)

Wassup!!!

Capone
14-05-2004, 05:10 AM
i havent even heard them yet mate. :lol: nor do i intend to.

I take it you mean you haven't heard the tracks in question yet, ya?? And you don't intend to, ya??

Can't say I blame you then. ;)

davethedrummer
14-05-2004, 11:06 AM
i hate techno it's rubbish
it just goes boom boom boom every track sounds exactly the same
i'm gonna buy a guitar and start a band.
coldplay anyone?

Numeric
14-05-2004, 11:09 AM
:lol:

Si the Sigh
14-05-2004, 11:12 AM
coldplay anyone?

...or a Back to the Planet tribute band? ;) :lol:

davethedrummer
14-05-2004, 11:23 AM
coldplay anyone?

...or a Back to the Planet tribute band? ;) :lol:

good idea
probably get beter money than crappy old techno.

Si the Sigh
14-05-2004, 11:24 AM
Henry, who was in Back to the Planet? You, Guy, Carl & ?

278d7e64a374de26f==