View Full Version : Marco Carola, Dublin, June 11th

TDub
11-05-2004, 02:42 PM
Marco Carola
Friday June 11th
Temple Bar Music centre
Doors 11pm
Adm €17e
advance tickets from Selectah and ticketmaster subject to booking fee .

Marco Corola

Born in Naples on the 7th February 1975, Marco Carola has emerged in the last four years as one of the city¹s most influential exponents of techno and electronic music. Growing up in the Neapolitan sunshine, by the age of 13 he got behind his first drum kit which he played for years before buying and playing records.

During 1990, when the Italian House scene was enjoying its golden age alongside the madness of Acid House, Carola¹s Drum kit was rapidly replaced by a two deck set and a mixer. He practised the art of mixing and quickly learnt how to DJ to house music¹s new dancefloor rhythm. Alongside like-minded friends such as Gaetano Parisio, Davide Squillace, Random Noize and other Neapolitan clubbers and DJs who were looking for something new in club music, the transition towards techno for Carola began in 1993.

With the golden age of the Italo-house nearly at its end, techno offered a whole new vision of possibilities to create and experiment with these new and exciting sounds. Around this time Marco also started to think about building a studio in order to express his own vision of techno. His ability to mix music and his emerging studio talent made many artists visit his studio to record. As well as several house orientated releases, he even produced a 12" for the highly respected MAW (Masters at Work) imprint.

Carola soon found the limitations of recording for other peoples labels too restrictive for his own creative output and in 1996 he set about producing material for a new dynamic sound that was more in line with where he was heading. Design Music became the first Italian label to focus purely on releasing techno music, bursting out of Naples with his own Man Train 12" as the inaugural release.

Quickly garnering support from techno DJs worldwide, Carola's sound seemed to immediately slot somewhere between Surgeon's dynamic syncopation, Lost's cavernous walls of sound and Blueprint's hi-fidelity. The label now acts as one of the main lifelines for fresh techno music from Italy and most notably Naples with new up and coming artists like Gaetek and Random Noize releasing under the Design banner.

After Design, Carola founded his 1000 imprint in 1998 in order to produce ultra-fresh DJ music that he could test on his ever expanding international gigging schedule. By 1998 his first Australian tour was in progress, swiftly followed by tours of Canada and America where his unique 3 deck, mixing style made him one of the most requested techno DJ's at the time.

Currently residing in London, Carola's labels Zenit and Question have been on hold while he relocates, but they will soon be up and running again.

Marco Carola now stands as one of techno music's prime movers.

lilbeefer
12-05-2004, 09:45 AM
I believe w00t would be a suitable term to use here

Lisa Lavish
12-05-2004, 08:21 PM
same night as garnier but its carola 4 me :)

Scrawny
12-05-2004, 08:33 PM
I might head to Carola aswell, glad it's in the TBMC and not the redbox. I always associate the TBMC with banging techno, shaved heads and hoodies, tis a class venue and you rarely get any scum or muppets in it.

lilbeefer
13-05-2004, 02:02 PM
same night as garnier but its carola 4 me :)

ohsh!te, I didnt even notice that :cry:

I dont know which one to go to.... I need to decide by friday, cos I believe thats the only way one can get a garnier ticket....

?

Meh, I havent seen either of these stalwarts, they should have organised to play in the same venue, that would be good

278d7e64a374de26f==