PDA

View Full Version : System moves on!!...

Addy
27-02-2003, 03:22 PM
Due to ongoing difficulties at Propaganda, the promoters of System have decided to finish their Thursday night sessions at the venue.

System was launched in September 2002 and has held host to some of the world's best and most prolific DJs on the techno scene, including Adam Beyer, Umek, Ben Sims, Trevor Rockcliffe, Marco Bailey, Christian Smith, Billy Nasty, Stanny Franssen, Dave Clarke and residents Marco Carola, Mark Broom and Terry Mitchell.

In a letter to System members, the promoters state the main reasons behind their decision:

"We have listened to all of your comments on System over the last six months and although most of the comments have been positive, the negative comments have consistently been about the sound system and the security. We have tried constantly to fix these problems but the management have broken promise after promise to make the situation better and have left us no choice but to leave Propaganda. We have had a lot of meetings with other venues but with no luck, so for now we feel we have no other option but to close. However, we think London needs a weekly techno party and if we find somewhere suitable we shall definitely be back."

Please note that System will therefore NOT be opening tomorrow (27 February) for the Paul Mac album launch or for the foreseeable future.

...And now for the good news!

The promoters of System have just finished negotiations with an excellent, brand new, central London venue for a new monthly party. Details are unavailable at this time but keep your eyes open because on Saturday 5th April, System will be kicking off in a new format.

Thank you to everyone who made it down and to those that helped to publicise the System nights. I hope to have some updated news for you soon!

Addy
write: addy@darkhousemusic.fsnet.co.uk

Jimfish
27-02-2003, 06:23 PM
ahhh, well thanks for a few good nights!

Esox Lucius
28-02-2003, 10:32 AM
don`t forget billy nasty is opening a new night in london called "the beat club", techno room line ups don`t look like that good, the usual...beyer, billy, umek etc.

but the electro room looks fantastic, already they have...anthony rother, transparent sound, scape one etc lined up.

serox
20-06-2003, 10:15 AM
did anyone ever hera more info on where system actualy is now days? any websites or anything? i use to be on there mailing list but it stopped?

death on a stick
23-06-2003, 12:40 PM
they were doing some things down at the Impact Centre in Hoxton but from what I heard the place was well dodgy and may have been shut down. In any case I believe System may be temporarily homeless again, assuming they will be doing anything in future.

278d7e64a374de26f==