13-05-2004, 02:47 PM
Im going to antiworld in london on saturday night

Just wondered if any1's been b4? Then il know what 2 expect

Its an indoor fest i think, techno / hard dance

marco bailey is headlining techno.

:clap:

duncandisorderly
13-05-2004, 03:38 PM
fair play. saw marco bailey on new years at the jam and he rocked it on three decks. a little sloppy in places but a real crowd pleaser.

:dontevengothere: he didnt send me the promo he promised tho :rambo:

:lol:

gary_human
13-05-2004, 06:44 PM
Yes Miss Bass - think kinda indoor festie - busy!!! and avin it!!

Im playing in the techno room from 11-12 if your around to say Hi - see you there

:)

miss bass
13-05-2004, 09:06 PM
wow

thats good, looking forward 2 it, well i have gave antiworld a cd, duno what they think of it, but enrico has told me 2 go down there, put me on guestlist so well up 4 it.

photos look wkd from last events.

well, gary, if i knew what u look like!!hehe. :lol:

ampassasinbirmingham
13-05-2004, 09:34 PM
Marco Bailey :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

his Mb electronics stuff is ok tho

miss bass
13-05-2004, 09:41 PM
well.....as i always say........ u canny plz every1.... ;)

DJ Weiss
14-05-2004, 12:44 AM
Antiworld is just a proper party... production quality of the event is ****ing ace!!! sound systems rock. music is tops.. and it closes whenever.. last time i went we left at 8:30am (billed to only 6am), and the place was still rammed..

truely awesome party!!!!

dirty_bass
14-05-2004, 01:01 AM
Yeah, but the door tax is ridiculous.
Last time I paid that kinda dollar for a party was a phoook off huge rave on the M25 years ago in 1990. Fairground and everything.

miss bass
14-05-2004, 09:03 AM
Dirty bass : sammael / leviathon ..............tune

Paul Zykotik
14-05-2004, 10:33 AM
Yeah, but the door tax is ridiculous.
Last time I paid that kinda dollar for a party was a phoook off huge rave on the M25 years ago in 1990. Fairground and everything.

Hmm, but with a line-up of that size it's no real surprise. TBH you only pay slightly more than you would for most nights of that size in London, and this one has a hell of a lot more choice as well. I guess if you're only going for one room then it seems like a rip-off, but if you're going for the whole thing it's easily value for money. Everytime I've been it's been an awesome party.

davethedrummer
14-05-2004, 10:41 AM
come on it's gona be great you know it!

ana and david
marco bailey
animatek and michalangelo
mr mark eg
lot's of quality trance and shit (if you're into that too)

and me!!!!! :oops: :oops:
great venue
stays open till 7 this time i think

FILTERZ
14-05-2004, 10:49 AM
i would love to go , but and heres the catch ... i cant afford to because its so ridiculously expensive , i just cant justify the money for na night in a club :nono:

miss bass
14-05-2004, 11:11 AM
yeh it is expensive, if i wernt on guestlist i probably couldnt afford.

especially paying 18 quid for a bus down to london and back, then a taxi (maybe depends if i can be bothered 2 walk) to antiworld.

but yeh there are international dj's there so ........

glad every1 says its a good nite tho, thats all i wanted 2 kno... :lol:

Tony
14-05-2004, 01:26 PM
i know this is an old post, but you can get the bus to london from birmingham for £1, my mate got a return £4.50 megabus.com

that worx both ways londoners, we get top shit up here too you know!!!!!

jonnyspeed
14-05-2004, 06:10 PM
we went at the beginning of the year. The place is huge and has everything from trance through techno to breaks. Really wicked with abig crowd because everybody can do their own thing of they want and the meet back in the chill-out room.

Its very busy and there is some London ignorance but I tend to find people treat you as you treat them - smile and the world smiles back at you - unless its that spazzed very sweaty munted smile with your eyes shut then yer probably on yer own ;)

Pet Duo!

jonnyspeed
14-05-2004, 06:12 PM
i know this is an old post, but you can get the bus to london from birmingham for £1, my mate got a return £4.50 megabus.com

that worx both ways londoners, we get top shit up here too you know!!!!!

Bus to Birmingham! How amny hours does that take? 3?

Tony
14-05-2004, 06:21 PM
i think so, or you could all visit us by train if you'd like :-)

jonnyspeed
14-05-2004, 06:23 PM
only been to that comic shop and the record shop near the station in brum - when I've had time to wait for a connection :oops: think a trip to Brum one weekend might be fun ;)

Tony
14-05-2004, 06:27 PM
hog, atomic, insurrection, inukshuk, subsonica, and loads of mad underground parties are cropping up. lots of good stuff due to happen, keep an eye on the events page ;-)

dan the acid man
14-05-2004, 08:52 PM
you cant complain about the price for that many act's and such a good standard of event

dirty_bass
14-05-2004, 09:23 PM
you cant complain about the price for that many act's and such a good standard of event

I can.
In fact I did :lol:

No, it`s a good party, but my days of festy mashups are gone. I would only really be interested in the techno room, and some electro if they had any, and as much as I like the acts on in technoworld, for that kinda dollar, no way.

Rog
14-05-2004, 10:14 PM
the problem with paying such high door tax is you treated like a sheep once your in there! I frickin hate that!!!

i had an argument in shuuushh "ministry" with a bouncer - they said you cant sit on the floor.. well if the club wasn't over capacity i may have had another choice! twats!!! :doh:

MangaFish
15-05-2004, 03:06 AM
i went to an antiworld at the se1 club. really enjoyed myself but the sound system in there was shocking. all volume and no clarity :nono:

dirty_bass
15-05-2004, 11:19 AM
yeah, I think they use malfeituers for the tekno rig sometimes, and those boys are known to run their rig a little too hard.
You just end up with nasty high tension top end that leaves your ears ringing.
That`s bad engineering, and I get riled when I hear a rig being run badly, but that`s due to the fact that I used to run one myself, so I`m probably more of a sound snob than most.

Rog
15-05-2004, 11:33 PM
did you here the kss rig ny eve steve? the one with the lazer - that was crisp as fu*k!

stinky has has the bassssss :notworthy:

jonnyspeed
16-05-2004, 08:27 PM
Anti-world really rocked - well the techno room did - the rest not my taste - but agree with the soundsystem comment - needs both volume x2 and clarity = was a bit quiet and you did't feel the bass vibrate you even near the stack.

Pet Duo and Eduardo Herrera Vs DJ Gas really kicked ass! Henry was pretty damn fine on his laptop, too - played a couple of crowd losers but noticed and pulled the crowd back...

Now all my mates love Pet Duo now! Rock on!

miss bass
17-05-2004, 07:30 PM
yeh anti world was i good night, got the bus there and back, nackered!!!!

:roll:

Marco bailey was good but 2ward the end his tunes just seemed more like noise than well produced pumping tunes. It just felt like all of sudden he switched to playing some banging noise, needed a little groove. :nono:

ana and david were quite good, fast!!

Dave the drummer was one of the best, seem to build them up parts and lower parts well.

wicked lasers / lights/ lotsa hippies and foriegn ppl!!!

Mainly in the techno room tho as im not really in2 the other rooms. All in all it was gr8 experience. :clap:

parsley909
22-05-2004, 01:06 AM
Yeah we were doing the techno room at the last party

i wasnt there myself for the night only turned up in the morning to help me mates pack up but heard malfertures didnt even use there rig and it was left standing all night unused so lots of volume was lost and we didnt have our cabs working that were sat on the bottom which are about 5k between them cos we blew thwm last MUNT party so we were only running about 15k!

sorry to disapoint we should have the lab horns working maybe for the next antiworld just dont seam to be having much luck with them as cabs yet a s they seam to blow every second party

dont know if this is down to aitr leakige or what but when they do work fek me the knowck over a bottel of water at 6 meters on a concrete floor!!

278d7e64a374de26f==