PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a good distributor?

DJAmok
17-10-2002, 11:38 PM
I´ve been thinking of having my music pressed and releasing it, but I´ve had difficulties finding a distributor. Anyone got any tips on this subject? Is there anything i gotta pay attention to, or I have to say when I write them?

Thanks a lot

DJZeMig_L
18-10-2002, 12:26 AM
I've had a label with Integrale Muzique (fined Recordings) and it didn't really work all that well... Still waiting 4 a "I'll call ya back with the accounts details...".. but then again I'm not bugging them all the time!! I recon Intergroove is very good 4 techno, if u are relatevly new 2 tha game... If U have a very big name then theres 2 places 2 look for Prime UK and ELP mediem germany....

Z

DJAmok
18-10-2002, 01:59 AM
Thanks a lot! You have any idea how long they usually take to answer? I´ve sent an inquiry to two smaller german distributors already but haven´t received any reply at all. Is that their normal way of saying "we´re full"?

18-10-2002, 03:53 AM
We've just signed an exclusive deal with Neuton. As far a UK dist's go, forget it. Although there's a new one started up called Just Music and it's Steve Sativae teamed up with Ben from Wedafukawi.

Prime are great but from what I hear, god help you if you release on the same day as a Primate release. Know what I mean???

Triple are good in the UK too...

DJZeMig_L
18-10-2002, 05:52 PM
neuton went thru a bad period but seems 2 be back on top again!

UK distr. .. Mark summed it up preatty good!

Mark mail me some nice contacts 4 Neuton (if that's Ok with ya!)..

Amok... don't emai, fax or snail mail... anything less that a phone call is a waste of yer time and money (unless U have a very big name in the industry)... If possible setup a proper meeting and make sure u take what u have planned 4 the 1st two releases... have a very clear ideia of artist, music style, salles expectancy, regularity of releases 4 yer label.. let them know exactly that!!

Z

DJAmok
18-10-2002, 08:33 PM
Oh, so no snail mail either?? Well so far it didn´t work out anyways. So I gotta call and make an appointment? Neuton is not far away from me, think I´ll just drop by and show em what we got.

Man, I never thought this was so difficult. Makin the music really is the easiest part of the whole thing.

Thanks a lot for your advice!

JACKSTAR
12-12-2002, 05:06 PM
Hey Amok,

I had your Kne'Deep demo here for a few days (Rush gave me it to give to Charlie @ Victoria Music) Maaaaaaaaaan it rocks !!! I love the 3/4 track. This is totally the type of peak set music I play. Hopefully Charlie will have promo's soon. Evil Con is sending me a EP with a track from you and Sven Wittekind on this week so hopefully i'll have it for next weekend in Germany.

As far as Distribution companies go it's a tricky one because some people rate one against another but I put JACKSTAR through JUST MUSIC and so far apart from a few late pressings etc I am pretty pleased with them. They also co-own a pressing plant (Curved pressings) and have the office above Curve Pusher so it's very handy for getting things sorted fast. They have also taken on 2 new labels from Jamie Bissmire and a label from Chris McCormack so they are really putting out some great music. I would seriously think about using them. Check out the website www.just-music.com or email office@just-music.com

Keep up the good music.

Paul

www.paullangley.net

www.jackstar-recordings.com

DJAmok
18-12-2002, 08:49 PM
Hi Paul :D

hey wow, I´m really happy to hear you liked it!! you had the whole cd there or just the four tracks for the ep? I really Charlie is sending out promos soon so we can get our hands on that record. I got Evil Con's EP today, and this is totally the EP of the year for me. You gotta chack out that Sven Wittekind track, this guy is totally insane. :shock: real killah! Hope you get it in time for this weekend.
Where in Germany are you playing? (actually I already heard a bit of your set at U60 on the 29th but I didn´t come up and introduce myself cuz I wasn´t sure if you´d know me and you had just started spinning)

About Just Music. I´ll check them out, as soon as I have all the material for the label ready to go. I´m risking all my savings on this so I want to be prepaired and have this thought through more than once. Thank you so much for the hint :D

-Amok

278d7e64a374de26f==