Artist: Various Artists
Title: The 8th Strike
Label: Giant & Dwarf Records
Web: www.giantanddwarf.com
Format: Vinyl 12”
Cat.No.: GAD008-6
Releasedate: 12.05.2004
File Under: Techno
Tracks: A1: Chris Zander – From the Ashes!
A2: Mirko S. - Kim
B1: Da Goose – Coco Bongo
B2: Jason Swales – Stole Power

SOUNDFILES:
www.giantanddwarf.com -- Releases & Reviews -- The 8th Strike

Giant - Side:

A1: "From the Ashes" by Chris Zander A Techno tune from Germany.

Chris releases music on well known labels such as Frisbee Tracks and PV Records, as well as on his own imprints Needful Things and Basic Patterns. As well as his own production he is also a world renowned remixer as remixes for Anthony Rother and Tony Rios will testify. Chris is also the owner of the Frankfurt based record store Delirium and promotes his own Needful Grooves parties at Frankfurt club U60311. He was also a guest DJ of the 10 year celebration for the Time Warp in Mannheim and this shows that he is an integral part in the German techno scene.

A2: "Kim" by Mirko S. Straight Techno from Germany.

Hot on the heels of Mr Zander is Mirko S. a young blood newcomer from Germany. Kim is his first release and surely more hot tracks will follow for what looks like a successful career in the scene. Plentifully good TRACKS are to be looked at the start over into a successful future.

Dwarf - Side:

B1: "Coco Bongo" by Da Goose A Killer-Cut from The Netherlands.

Dutchman Da Goose is an already active player on the techno scene with productions under various project names already numbering over 20 vinyl releases. Within his discography are hits for labels such as Shockers, Hi9, A1 and Upstruct Records. Da Goose is also and able remix technician, interpreting The Horrorist's club hit "One Night in NYC", successfully again.

B2: "Stole Power" by Jason Swales A rolling groove from the UK.

Jason Swales from the UK closes the circle with the 8th Strike. Jason can look back on various releases on the label Decomplex Audio and also continues to work on other projects with Dean Rodell. He continues to organise the "Technosis" events, the latest of which rocked cult London club The Fridge. From the scene for the scene!

The Overfiend
14-05-2004, 03:57 PM
I look forward to hearing this.
Goose is a great guy, known him since 97 and his sound gets better and better. Hope he gets the attention he deserves withthis one.

basslinejunkie
14-05-2004, 05:01 PM
I look forward to hearing this.

same here.giant an dwarf is a class label,but i dont own any realese's as of yet :cry: there all sold b4 i get a chance :doh:

Numeric
14-05-2004, 05:24 PM
I've got a couple of Giant and Dwarfs, they're both useful...

crazyxray
14-05-2004, 05:32 PM
Dear Bassline Junkie
there are some of the old ones still available @ our distributor Intergroove Germany. Ask your Local Dealer to order them.

There are still some of 001, 003, 007 and of course 008 on stock.

Cheers.

Crazy

basslinejunkie
14-05-2004, 07:24 PM
Dear Bassline Junkie
there are some of the old ones still available @ our distributor Intergroove Germany. Ask your Local Dealer to order them.

There are still some of 001, 003, 007 and of course 008 on stock.

Cheers.

Crazy

thanks 4 your help :clap: :)

da hound
15-05-2004, 09:03 AM
just heard it :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

killarava2day
15-05-2004, 10:39 AM
Yeah I'm a big fan of Zander, his last on NTR was great, the promo of his next is also good. Looking forward to this GaD release too :clap:

dan the acid man
16-05-2004, 01:17 PM
none of the sound file's seem to work for me now, im getting the main website music but the release sound file's dont do anything :cry: , i'll just have to hunt down a record shop that sell's them over here and have a listen.

dan the acid man
16-05-2004, 02:29 PM
none of the sound file's seem to work for me now, im getting the main website music but the release sound file's dont do anything :cry: , i'll just have to hunt down a record shop that sell's them over here and have a listen.

it's ok, it was media player 9 having a tantrum on my pc

duncandisorderly
17-05-2004, 03:20 PM

it's ok, it was media player 9 having a tantrum on my pc

we sell em at massiverecords.com dan ... ;)

crazyxray
17-05-2004, 05:14 PM
so you was finally able to listen to them ?

dan the acid man
17-05-2004, 07:34 PM
yes, i was able to listen to them thank's, and i'll be visiting the massive records site, cheers for the info duncan ;)

da hound
17-05-2004, 09:48 PM
another great release :clap: :clap:

roswell
20-05-2004, 02:34 PM
Another Quality release from G&D

+ they got an englishman n'all

:clap:

duncandisorderly
20-05-2004, 03:55 PM
yes, i was able to listen to them thank's, and i'll be visiting the massive records site, cheers for the info duncan ;)

any time. we always keep in a good selection of most flavours of techno... (shameless plug)

herman
20-05-2004, 10:48 PM
Another Quality release from G&D

+ they got an englishman n'all

:clap:

there was a fine englishman on 007 as well you know ;)

crazyxray
21-05-2004, 10:06 AM
and on 005 was also an Englishman with Henry Cullen.
And 009 (Mark Williams) as well as 010 (Justin Berkovi) will also have some English Guys on it. There comes a lot of good music from your Island. And there is more to come from there :-)

duncandisorderly
24-05-2004, 09:24 AM
really feeling the track on b1 by da goose. thats awesome... loads of clever stop and start edits. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

gary_human
25-05-2004, 03:27 PM
I got to speak on this as i got my first solo release on this (B2 - Stole Power) - its great to get my first track of my own released at last and great to be associated with a proper label - the 3 other cuts on this are awesome, hopefully somewhere someone may play my track sometime?

Roll on the 13th strike for the Dogs of Dub!!!!

:lol:

The Overfiend
25-05-2004, 05:38 PM
and on 005 was also an Englishman with Henry Cullen.
And 009 (Mark Williams) as well as 010 (Justin Berkovi) will also have some English Guys on it. There comes a lot of good music from your Island. And there is more to come from there :-)

What about America? ;)

crazyxray
26-05-2004, 03:29 PM
we have had Adam jay from the USA. And we will have some more very soon. :-)

roswell
01-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Hey I picked this up now!!! Another quality slice of techno from a label which is becoming one of my faves!!!

Looking forward to the number 10 double pack and cant wait to hear Fastfood records!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==