PDA

View Full Version : DJ Mahatma from Germany!

jonnyspeed
15-05-2004, 10:55 AM
Andreas Wiegand aka DJ Mahatma is quality, imo. The stuff on Nerven and Kiddaz inc. collaborations with DJs Bezz and Emerson is so clean and driving, it gives me he willies.

He's actively playing in clubs and events such as Soundsize, Tresor, Strasse E, Stereo70 Tour, Time Warp Ost, apparently. Anybody seen him play?

...or know what he's upto currently? woun't mind a mix if anybody has got one

Spark
15-05-2004, 12:22 PM
I saw him playing last november in Germany when i had there a gig. Pretty good dj imo.. his style is pretty original i think.. it's hard but still with some groove/ funky elements in it.

I like his stuff.. somebody told me he is also the ghost producer for Marco Remus.. :roll:

The Overfiend
15-05-2004, 01:41 PM
I like his stuff.. somebody told me he is also the ghost producer for Marco Remus.. :roll:

What! Ghost producer! I liked remus stuff.
Dude Whats the motivation to put your name on something you know isnt you, I dont get it!

The Overfiend
15-05-2004, 01:42 PM
I hope this isnt rumor based I would hate posts that could start nasty gossip about someone who may have really good integrity.

el_satan666
15-05-2004, 02:48 PM
i havent heard much of mahatma's stuff, only the fradezeugis (??) on artillery. class track.

i hadn't heard of this ghost production thing, does it really exist? Poses the question; is techno becoming more of an image thing?

The Overfiend
15-05-2004, 03:47 PM
i hadn't heard of this ghost production thing, does it really exist? Poses the question; is techno becoming more of an image thing? :eh:

kebabman
15-05-2004, 09:08 PM
Excellent producer also. Fears for Ears on Frighten Plastic rocks. Anyone know who Quick and Smart are though?

dcdn
16-05-2004, 12:24 PM
quick & smart is actually only 1 guy and his name is Volker Wiegand and he is from germany

Spark
16-05-2004, 03:39 PM
Quik and Smart is Mahatma and his brother.. ;)

crime
17-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Volker and Andi are my Ost side Crew, VERY talented, very down to earth guys.. Played with them a few times in the last year, would be nice if someone took more of an interest to book these guys in the UK, they deserve it... Volker has a Quick and Smart record ready for Jerome Hill's "Don't" label, and I'm waiting for a new CD From Andi Mahatma for Crime..
And, yes, Volker is Marco's engineer in the studio...

crime
17-05-2004, 09:04 AM
Quik and Smart is Mahatma and his brother.. ;)

No, is only Volker on his own... ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==