PDA

View Full Version : 2 New Deep Techno Cutz

dirty_bass
15-05-2004, 02:05 PM
Okey dokey, here are 2 club-techno tracks I have done to be submitted to ascend. The first things I have finished for a while because I have been working on the live PA and have had somewhat of a writers block in the studio.

Beware, Melody Alert!!

http://mysite.freeserve.com/dirty_bass_records/tunes/Joujouka.mp3
http://mysite.freeserve.com/dirty_bass_records/tunes/Smooth_Corrosion.mp3

I`ll be posting some harder, more tribal stuff soon.
;)

dan the acid man
15-05-2004, 02:44 PM
joujouka, i love the floating bassline,the break is really good and im also loving the synth stab's, the prodution quality is as good as ever.

smooth corrosion, the kick is a little soft for my liking, but having said that, it suit's the tune actually because it's got a slightly chilled out feel to it, the bass after the break is awesome, if a little overpowering maybe.

Basil Rush
15-05-2004, 03:38 PM
Sounds well smooth, wonder if the bass isn't a touch too loud/big to let some of the other elements come through in a club, sounds good on the monitors here but wicked though the bass line is i reckon you could lose a couple of db on it.

I've had tracks with basses that loud before thinking they sounded wicked on the monitors (and in the booths at most clubs as they don't have so much bass response) but when you are on the dance floor in some clubs the bass has competely swallowed up mix and it's sounded lack lustre after the break

wicked track tho!

dirty_bass
15-05-2004, 05:58 PM
Yeah, you may be right about the bass. I`ve been really getting into squeezing serious sub into stuff recently, so that it`s right below the kick. But it`s a real tricky thing to work with. I`m gonna test em at a party tonight, but yeah, a couple a db off the second tune especially might be wise.

Cheers for that ;)

paxus
17-05-2004, 09:15 AM
Like em both, they have a nice feel to them.
They might be a bit too melodic for some, but
I like the synths honestly. They have a dirty
textured perc feel, but keeping a light touch I
guess.
Would you mind if I spun these out? -&rew

DJZeMig_L
17-05-2004, 01:34 PM
m8 I had a very quick listen 2 the first so don't kill me if this sounds a bit off... the most 2wrong2 feeling I got was that each new sound came in a bit 2 loud making it sound a bit like stacks of sounds and not blending as much as it could...

Again this was a very quick listen so please don't take this comment the wrong way!

Z

dirty_bass
17-05-2004, 02:22 PM
Not at all Mig, I would rather hear this kind of thing. That`s the point of this forum. If we can all learn from each other and grow as producers, then we need to point each others flaws out.

Otherwise it would be just like your mates saying "oh, that`s great mate", which isn`t very helpful.

;)

dirty_bass
17-05-2004, 02:25 PM
Like em both, they have a nice feel to them.
They might be a bit too melodic for some, but
I like the synths honestly. They have a dirty
textured perc feel, but keeping a light touch I
guess.
Would you mind if I spun these out? -&rew

Hehe, yes mate, they are a bit melodic. But I`m sending em to ascend recordings, and it would do me no good sending a bunch of hard techno to these people.

You can spin em out if you like yeah. Just let me know how they went down.

It`s big room club techno really innit?

Jimfish
17-05-2004, 02:41 PM
bring em down with u in a few days dirty - i cant be arsed to down load em (still dialup) but i wanna hear em!

Col
18-05-2004, 11:16 AM
only listened to half of the first track(win media player is giving me some aggro), sounds very swedish, great percussion, i like the proccesed hats too. quality.

the second track i like too, again sounding very swedish, minus the cheese that has generally been creeping into that sound recently. sounds very warm (must be the weather eh?) good percussion again too.

out of the 2, i prefer the first, and you want to get these sent out to some swedish labels steve.

dan the acid man
18-05-2004, 02:44 PM
only listened to half of the first track(win media player is giving me some aggro), sounds very swedish, great percussion, i like the proccesed hats too. quality.

the second track i like too, again sounding very swedish, minus the cheese that has generally been creeping into that sound recently. sounds very warm (must be the weather eh?) good percussion again too.

out of the 2, i prefer the first, and you want to get these sent out to some swedish labels steve.

have you got media player 9, mine messed up the other day, it needed reinstalling and then the update adding from microsoft's site

dirty_bass
18-05-2004, 03:46 PM

Well it looks like they might have been taken already. Preach heard em last night and got the Guy from ascend to listen to em. They give me final decision in a few days.

278d7e64a374de26f==