PDA

View Full Version : Changing message display names in CC lanes (Cubase)

j_s
15-05-2004, 05:29 PM
I've been trying to use Cubase SX to control my Jomox Airbase drum synth & it seems to be working well enough, however, the display names for the CC messages in Cubase's CC out lanes don't correspond to the parameters on the hardware.

Does anyone know if there's a way of changing these display names, so that they match up with the controls on the drum synth?

If not, is there a similar method of controlling hardware with CC messages using Cubase SX, which offers a more configurable setup?

Cheers,
Jack

DJZeMig_L
15-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Damn' that's a hard 1 m8... humm I don't really know u can ... U could build studio mods in early incarnations of cubase, mixermaps, etc... but not on this 1! :(

I'll try 2 read up on it! If I find something I'll get back 2 ya!

Z

j_s
16-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Thanks a lot.
To me, this would seem like a pretty important feature to leave out of a sequencer. I really do hope something like this is possible within Cubase, as it's extremely inconvenient trying to work with it as it is...

The Divide
16-05-2004, 05:01 PM
Theres a way of doing this for sure. When I find ill post on here, but I do know its possible.

DJZeMig_L
16-05-2004, 09:14 PM
I know u can create drum set file patches, but I gotta say I don't know about controllers... I guess it could involve creating a Midi Device, but the thing is u can only define the patch names and sound names !

This is a crazy work around...

U can name/ organize CC lanes... so basically use the cubase standard cc number and then on the bottom on the left u'll find a small box with an arrow pointing down click choose add and then name it like the the fuction the cc is actually controlling on yer jomox!

Z

FILTERZ
17-05-2004, 02:17 PM
I know u can create drum set file patches, but I gotta say I don't know about controllers... I guess it could involve creating a Midi Device, but the thing is u can only define the patch names and sound names !

This is a crazy work around...

U can name/ organize CC lanes... so basically use the cubase standard cc number and then on the bottom on the left u'll find a small box with an arrow pointing down click choose add and then name it like the the fuction the cc is actually controlling on yer jomox!

Z :clap:

DJZeMig_L
17-05-2004, 02:37 PM
lol.
It ain't the best way but I guess it's relativly easy... it's a dirty job though! :(

Z

j_s
17-05-2004, 04:34 PM
Cheers for that. Definately the best solution I've had so far. Less than ideal, but workable. Thanks again...

278d7e64a374de26f==