PDA

View Full Version : jeff mills in leeds!

Col
15-05-2004, 09:46 PM
superconductor 3rd birthday party, july 23rd.

robert hood & andrew weatherall playing also.

tickets should be availible soon.

cant wait for this one!!!

Stella Boy
15-05-2004, 09:52 PM
Aye, should be a good night. They've moved venues for this aswell. Good on the SC boys.

The Divide
16-05-2004, 11:23 AM
Aye, should be a good night. They've moved venues for this aswell. Good on the SC boys.

Where is the new venue?

Col
16-05-2004, 11:40 AM

Where is the new venue?

mission. although im not so sure where that is.

plincit
16-05-2004, 01:38 PM
not seen mills since 98, should be a goodie.
it's a one off for their birthday though, they're not moving. tickets go on sale in the next week or so and we'll have some online soon and in the shop.

thank fck it's not same week as darkside or we'd be well and truly screwed!

ampassasinbirmingham
16-05-2004, 03:48 PM
not seen mills since 98, should be a goodie.
it's a one off for their birthday though, they're not moving. tickets go on sale in the next week or so and we'll have some online soon and in the shop.

thank fck it's not same week as darkside or we'd be well and truly screwed!

you need to get out more :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank Dogshit
17-05-2004, 06:10 PM
definetly getting john the bus out for this one.

maily
20-05-2004, 01:31 AM
any one going to see blake baxter on the 28th?

anyone know what he's like as a dj?
I've never seen him before, but like his tracks, should be interesting.

I think the tickets for jeff go on sale at this one.

Col
20-05-2004, 06:42 PM
any one going to see blake baxter on the 28th?

anyone know what he's like as a dj?
I've never seen him before, but like his tracks, should be interesting.

I think the tickets for jeff go on sale at this one.

blake baxter has an exclusive mix on superconductors website.

www.superconductormusic.co.uk

maily
21-05-2004, 02:34 PM
nice one!
I'll check it out soon ;)

Tiptoe
21-05-2004, 06:38 PM
maily darkside is on the same night and has mark broom rui east and yours truley so if its techno not disco your after come to darkside. sorry for the shameless self promotion but is has to be done ;) ps its cheapc in too

Sam_Horam
21-05-2004, 06:58 PM
maily darkside is on the same night and has mark broom rui east and yours truley so if its techno not disco your after come to darkside. sorry for the shameless self promotion but is has to be done ;) ps its cheapc in too

disco :?:

Tiptoe
21-05-2004, 10:06 PM
cheesy disco house and techno. Not my cup of tea heard he is bringing someone to sing lyrics for him while he is playing!

Col
22-06-2004, 01:17 AM
anyone got tickets for this yet? i got mine at the weekend. really excited about this one. :dance:

MARKEG
22-06-2004, 01:37 AM
oh god i hope i'm not djing anywhere.

MARKEG
22-06-2004, 01:38 AM
oh god i am.

:(

grrrrr...

Frank Dogshit
22-06-2004, 01:51 AM
gutted.

dont you ever get a weekend off mark?? :lol:

neko
22-06-2004, 12:15 PM
cheesy disco house and techno. Not my cup of tea heard he is bringing someone to sing lyrics for him while he is playing!

lol at tiptoe resorting to dirty tactics!! :nono:

Tiptoe
22-06-2004, 01:50 PM

lol at tiptoe resorting to dirty tactics!! :nono:

:twisted:
:lol:

Stella Boy
22-06-2004, 07:37 PM
That someone is his wife, who's really quite good.

neko
22-06-2004, 11:33 PM
don't think i'd want to listen to some bint screeching over records at a techno night either, thats more the kind of thing that goes on in house clubs. each to their own though :neutral:

Tiptoe
22-06-2004, 11:43 PM
don't think i'd want to listen to some bint screeching over records at a techno night either, thats more the kind of thing that goes on in house clubs. each to their own though :neutral:

yeah me too. want it bangings as ****!

Stella Boy
22-06-2004, 11:48 PM

Screeching :?: She aint Regis you know. :lol:

Tiptoe - get a ticket you numpty - you'll fukcing love it.

Tiptoe
22-06-2004, 11:52 PM

Ticket for what?

Stella Boy
22-06-2004, 11:58 PM

Ticket for what?

You are taking the piss aren't you :eh: :lol:

Tiptoe
23-06-2004, 12:00 AM
wot 4 jeff mills yeah! thought we were on about blake baxter though

Stella Boy
23-06-2004, 12:05 AM
wot 4 jeff mills yeah! thought we were on about blake baxter though

:oops: :oops: - Not read the thread properly. I can certainly be a fukcwit sometimes. :doh: .

Anywho - have you got a ticket yet ? :lol:

Tiptoe
23-06-2004, 12:17 AM
no i havent even got a job at the minute but will have something sorted shortly. Are you still playing

Col
19-07-2004, 12:28 PM
right then. whos got their ticket already? and is anyone from the outside of leeds attending this one?

Adverse
19-07-2004, 05:33 PM
oh god i am.

:(

grrrrr...

i so ****ing knew that was coming.

Stella Boy
19-07-2004, 07:28 PM
Have a great night, wish I could be there.

Don't forget Weatherall's on aswell, 3 hours of mayhem from the walking smoke machine. :lol:

The Divide
19-07-2004, 07:33 PM

Don't forget Weatherall's on aswell, 3 hours of mayhem from the walking smoke machine. :lol:

Says on the flyer your on in room 2. You not djing now?

Stella Boy
19-07-2004, 07:52 PM

Not any more. Fukced my ear up pretty bad when I was playing at the Surgeon night and is still not quite right and rather than knock me back another month I have RELUCTANTLY :evil: told Dan that I can't play.

The Divide
19-07-2004, 08:31 PM

Not any more. Fukced my ear up pretty bad when I was playing at the Surgeon night and is still not quite right and rather than knock me back another month I have RELUCTANTLY :evil: told Dan that I can't play.

Wise decision mate. I know all about hearing problems. Reccomend you get some decent headphones

The Divide
19-07-2004, 08:31 PM
Ooooooooops :oops: I mean ear plugs

Stella Boy
19-07-2004, 08:39 PM
:lol: :lol:

conflict
19-07-2004, 10:24 PM
are tickets available now,i'm in leeds that weekend so alls i'm gonna do is go!

Let me know someone asap

Sam_Horam
19-07-2004, 10:35 PM
Should be down for this...looks like I've got guest list from a lad who works there...so no excuses.

This should be a cracker...hope to see some of you down there...

Stella Boy
19-07-2004, 10:38 PM
are tickets available now,i'm in leeds that weekend so alls i'm gonna do is go!

Let me know someone asap

I'm pretty sure there's tickets left but contact one the these tomorrow for confirmation:

Soul Alley (0113 2438231)
Innercity (0113 2753366)
Tribe (0113 2420506)
Play (0113 243 2777)
Crash (0113 2436743)
Bar Fibre (08701 201200888)
Eastern Bloc (0161 228 6432)
The Disc (0127 439 4730)
Lowlife (0114 2669433)
Wildcat (01904 625738)

either that or turn up early on Friday. ;)

Tiptoe
19-07-2004, 10:41 PM
oh yes can't wait for this me and my lot will be there as usual.

Stella Boy
19-07-2004, 11:17 PM
I can't believe I'm not going, well ragged off about the whole affair. Infact, I'm not posting on this subject again because it's just not fair ( walks off in a strop and sulks in his room :snooty: )

Anyway, Hood will show Mills the way to do it and then Mills will never want to play in Leeds again, so there. :wicked:

The Divide
19-07-2004, 11:23 PM
I am going to miss this one. Hope ot goes well

retox
20-07-2004, 02:54 PM
Just found out that all tickets in Manchester are sold out and have no way of getting one from any other place before Friday.
So was just wondering will there be any tickets on the door? :?:
Really don't want to have to miss this one just coz I can't get hold of a ticket.

Col
20-07-2004, 03:01 PM
Just found out that all tickets in Manchester are sold out and have no way of getting one from any other place before Friday.
So was just wondering will there be any tickets on the door? :?:
Really don't want to have to miss this one just coz I can't get hold of a ticket.

the only way your going to stand a chance of getting through the doors for this one is if you pitch up a tent right out side the doors thursday night.

only kidding. :lol:

get down early. a similar question was posed on little detroit, and the promoter said get down early to stand any chance of getting in. so im pretty sure the capacity is larger than the number of tickets made available.

Col
21-07-2004, 01:12 AM
just seen the set times, they are as follows...

Room 1:

Dan Moore 22:00 - 01:00
Jeff Mills 01:00 - 04:00
Robert Hood 04:00 - 06:00

Room 2:

Charlie 'Magic' Johnson 22:00 - 23:00
Alex Bowen 23:00 - 01:30
Andrew Weatherall 01:30 - 04:30
Scott McGill 04:30 - 06:00

Sam_Horam
21-07-2004, 01:15 AM
what time you going down Col?

mattboyslim
21-07-2004, 01:19 AM
i'll be seein jeff mills on sunday at space. along with the legendary josh wink. class

Col
21-07-2004, 01:23 AM
what time you going down Col?

might head into leeds at about 9. you up for a drink beforehand?

Sam_Horam
21-07-2004, 01:25 AM
Sounds good Col,

I'll PM you Thursday or something...

Col
21-07-2004, 01:26 AM
Sounds good Col,

I'll PM you Thursday or something...

cool. ;)

fitipaldi
23-07-2004, 12:14 PM
ANYBODY WITH A SPARE TICKET FOR THIS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!

Cheers

The Divide
23-07-2004, 02:22 PM
ANYBODY WITH A SPARE TICKET FOR THIS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!

Cheers

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Same here!

detfella
23-07-2004, 03:59 PM
u are all filthy dogs :twisted:

The Divide
24-07-2004, 06:05 AM
Well I have just got home. After queing for 2-3 hours in a pay on the door que that only lets about 10 people in and them been sold a ticket and waiting for longer in the paying que !! There were people who had tickets but weren’t let in because the club was full?? Why, did they sell too many tickets? Pretty lame paying 20 quid for a ticket and not been allowed in and having to wait for people to come out at 11.30 onwards. Bet the 20-30 ticket holders who were still waiting to get in at 1.30 were getting well pissed off. I gave in in the end still waiting at 1.45 I sold my ticket and ****ed off with a couple of my mates who came out

Next thing a few hours later few people showed up at my mates gaff saying that Jeff Mills was canceled because he lost his records on the way over?!?! Pretty Lame imo.

Well I glad I didn’t go in now :lol:

:headache: :help: Too much queing for my head to handle

Althought everone did say the residents put on a wickid show :clap:

What did you lot make of it?

Stella Boy
24-07-2004, 08:38 AM
Ah, the good old "lost my records story" from Mr Mills.I know it does happen quite regularly but it just seems strange how it happens when he's due to play on the same bill as Robert Hood :eh: :hmm:. I just hope Hood delievered for the SC boys, they worked had for this event.

Tiptoe
24-07-2004, 11:15 AM
the resident who was on first was ok but not too impressed by his mixing. second resident played a really good set enjoyed it. Robert hood played a blinder.
Club was so ridiculesly busy you could not really move or dance properly. Temperature was dangerously high as was the lack of fresh air. Againm i stayed pritty much to the end but my lightweight mates left about 3:30. Oh and claude young was in there well banging it out. Really down to earth guy who is a hero of mine and just sat down and talked shit to him for a while. Says he is over here for 2 onths on vacation and isn't having a mix in this time. Its guys like him who put my faith back into it after such a big downer was put on the night. Have told him i will blag pauls head to get him on at darkside so fingers crossed.
Was it worth £20 not sure just to see robert hood is a lot of money. The guy is fcuking ace and every mix was banging but for just him alone i don't think it was value for money and i can tell you if that would have happened in the orbit just putting a notice saying jeff mills wouldn't be on due to lost luggage then there would of been a full scale riot not just a few boos. As soon as i walked in the club a guy i know came up to me and told me mills tunes had been lost and he wouldn't be on. Anyway **** jeff mills and superconductor please take note that the ques outside not for myself but for others was appauling and spoilt a lot of peoples night. Can't see myself of to superconductor in the future anyway bring on the darkside!
Rant over

Tiptoe
24-07-2004, 11:32 AM
oh and just for the record seem as am on one. Robert hood shits all over jeff mills anyway. Some of the bext mixing i have hadd the pleasure to hear no train track mixing or touches every 2 seconds. Hood you da man :rambo:

Tiptoe
24-07-2004, 11:40 AM
last rant just remembered that i saw this on little detroit
Thanks for all the good wishes - we all hope as much as anyone that tonight fulfills it's potential. Everything is on course so far...

Should be approx 200 tickets on the door - but be prepared to wait for them.

Got some work to do...

What a load of shit that was. Why build the hope up of lots of people when they sold too many tickets and didn't even get some of the peeps with tickets in till 1:30 2 or not at all. Thats a really shit thing to do imo and am dissapointed in them for doing that to people.

Col
24-07-2004, 01:26 PM
its a fu*king disgrace, when i eventually found out that mills wasnt going to turn up, i stayed around for 20 mins before deciding i wasnt staying to watch residents playing in those conditions. the supposed line-up was way too big for a venue of that size, and it was clear that conductor had let way too many people through the door. no matter which part of the venue you were in you were always sqaushed up against somebody.

the excuse is laughable "jeff mills lost his records at the airport". oh right, so a man with 20 yrs worldwide expierience as a dj didnt take his records on as hand luggage? its a fu*king poor excuse, and someone is taking the piss. i think you have to point the finger at both parties (mills & conductor)
conductor for bad organisation, and for failing to make an announcement when it was found he wouldnt be turning up, if they would have said "sadly mills wont be coming, but we are bringing in claude young in on short notice, robert hood will be still attending, and you can all have a refund, we are truely sorry" then that would have been good enough, but instead they chose a sly and greedy approach which angers me.

at the point they found out mills wasnt going to be there, they should have stopped any payments on the door, i mean why should people be sqaushed up against each other within a sweatpit to see residents play? it all comes down to greed in the end. superconductor lose any respect i had for them, and i doubt i will be attending any of their nights in the future.

before all this negativity, i did actually manage to enjoy myself, infact it was both electric & intense in the main room, and to be honest i was loving it, despite being constantly stuck to 6 people, and despite losing about 6 litres of sweat per min. infact, i must have spent the total of 1 hr 30 mins in the main room and i have a sore throat right now from all the shouting and screaming.

question marks began to appear when i was told it was past 1am and mills still hadnt shown. when i realised it was around 2am i went to find out what was going on, only to be met at the doors by a few angry people who had just been told the truth. i stayed for around 30 mins and decided to go, i told them i wanted a refund. they have my details so im expecting a phonecall pretty soon with details of how i get my money back, along with an apology.

in the end perhaps it was a good thing mills didnt turn up. because they could have been serious implications in the main room. ive never expierienced an event with so many people tightly sqaushed together, if mills would have shown up, the surge into the main room could have cased serious injury, and perhaps even worse. (the club consists of 4 rooms/areas, 3 of which are the same size, so less than a 1/3 of the people at the event could only see who was playing in the main room)

anyway, bollox to the pair of them. (mills & conductor)

Tiptoe
24-07-2004, 02:58 PM
yeah col was shit mate. Dangerously cramped and hot conditions. Losst records my are. So robert hood or andy weatherall couldn't have lent him some tunes and if they had put an sos out for someone to go home and bring some tunes down for him i would of picked him out some right techno from my collection but i bet the arrogant cunt would have turned his nose up at that. Claude young dobn't think he would of played cos he told me he is over for 2 months to have a break from mixing but he may have under the circumstances. Claude young is a great guy i have t0o say. Its funny when you are banging it out with one of your hero's you should of seen him buzzin when hood dropped jaguar :clap:
Am still gutted with what happened even though i managed to make a good time out of a bad situation.
Again jeff mills can kiss my arse You haven't bothered playing since orbit in 1995 so **** you. Leeds is a big techno place and can't even be arsed turning up. Darkisde get better music and better people anyway. Oscar mulero is twice the dj he is 3decks superb mixing and better music. Fcuk superconductior welcome to the darkside. :twisted:

Frank Dogshit
24-07-2004, 03:10 PM
some really negative stuff here,quite pleased i never went now.

dont suppose anyone caught any of scott mcgill,tfunkshun resident?

Col
24-07-2004, 03:11 PM
yeah col was shit mate. Dangerously cramped and hot conditions. Losst records my are. So robert hood or andy weatherall couldn't have lent him some tunes and if they had put an sos out for someone to go home and bring some tunes down for him i would of picked him out some right techno from my collection but i bet the arrogant cunt would have turned his nose up at that. Claude young dobn't think he would of played cos he told me he is over for 2 months to have a break from mixing but he may have under the circumstances. Claude young is a great guy i have t0o say. Its funny when you are banging it out with one of your hero's you should of seen him buzzin when hood dropped jaguar :clap:
Am still gutted with what happened even though i managed to make a good time out of a bad situation.
Again jeff mills can kiss my arse You haven't bothered playing since orbit in 1995 so **** you. Leeds is a big techno place and can't even be arsed turning up. Darkisde get better music and better people anyway. Oscar mulero is twice the dj he is 3decks superb mixing and better music. fairy nob goggles superconductior welcome to the darkside. :twisted:

the darkside all the way!!!

Tiptoe
24-07-2004, 03:12 PM
no affraid not. Didn't even want to move for fear of loosing my place on the dancefloor. Missed all of weatherall and am gutted about that but it wasn't worth the big hassle moving to the next room.

detfella
24-07-2004, 03:12 PM
totally agree

club too hot
jeff = useless
superconductor too greedy & no respect - overselling, no tap water
bouncers = n*bs

jeff even got offered a heap fo techno vinyl by a guy working on the night but appraently refused. another myth i heard was that ejff would be playing next friday instead,

I'm waiting for jeff's personal apology.

Col
24-07-2004, 03:15 PM
totally agree

club too hot
jeff = useless
superconductor too greedy & no respect - overselling, no tap water
bouncers = n*bs

jeff even got offered a heap fo techno vinyl by a guy working on the night but appraently refused. another myth i heard was that ejff would be playing next friday instead,

I'm waiting for jeff's personal apology.

yep, me too. i think a detailed public apology on his site is the least he can do.

Tiptoe
24-07-2004, 03:18 PM
load of shit mate. Was just talking to Paul at innercity and the shop has 90% of his tunes and most jeff mills sets are his own tunes anyway and he would of let him raid the shop so he could have a set of his choice. If you can't pick a set from the best techno shop in the country then you really must be a arsehole. All it would have taken would of been a couple of hours of running about of which people would of gladly done for the night. Like i say **** superconductor and jeff mills i will see you all at darkside.

detfella
24-07-2004, 03:20 PM
10k for a night and he can't even be bothered.

The Divide
24-07-2004, 03:50 PM
Just woken up...

I really did think the superconductor guys had it sorted with this night. It was a sell out night with 1,000 people in Leeds city center. It looked to have all the makings of a classic night. I was really pleased about it.

I was prepared to pay 25 quid to get in at 1 am. You would think that the door staff/superconductor guys would knock that price down out of common decency or at least mentioning that Jeff wasn’t turning up. They was letting people in, as people were been let out who couldn’t handle the heat. For those people who paid in at 1-2am 25 dolla on the door deserve a refund imo! They was conned no doubt about it, everyone in that que thought that Mills was playing at 2am. They would have got in and been so disappointed. Esp from standing outside for 3 hours. Some of those people had come from Manchester, London all over.

I dont care how much effort they put into setting up this night, a bit of common decency is little to ask for. All they had to say to the handful of people still waiting to get in that Mills was not turning up. To let them in knowing that he wasn’t on and charging 25 quid is lame. Very lame. I feel wrong for selling my ticket for 20 dolla to the guy who had come on the train from Manchester to be stuck in the que. Poor cunt!! hahahaha

ffs they had already made all the cash from all the ticket holders tho

I am pleased to hear that they were taking details from people who were leaving the club and there was talk about sending them about a refund or possible entry to another Mills night. That’s more like it. But this was only the case for the people who kicked off about it tho!

Shame tho, no one I knew was told this. They should have kicked off

:rambo: :lol:

As for Mills. I respect you less. You charge 6-10k and cant even dj with some of the resident’s records? Exhibitionist = Extortionist imo.
SC should get a venue with a bigger main room for this in the future. I hope they learned something from this.

Good to hear the residents, Rob Hood and Claude Young played blinders. Respect

The Divide
24-07-2004, 03:53 PM
Anyways bitching over....

Roll on next Mills @ SC

Or Darkside

Prolly Darkside for me

:roll:

Frank Dogshit
24-07-2004, 03:56 PM
never been arsed with superconductor anyway..

stick to your voodoo,darkside,locked n throb and you wont go far wrong.

the divide-was it fitipaldi from manchester off this board who you sold your ticket too?

Tiptoe
24-07-2004, 04:06 PM
claude young didn't play. was just on the dancefloor banging it out to robert hood. Give me that guy over robert hood anyday. He has more class and more talent in his little finger than jeff mills has in his whole body. Paul get my man claude young on soon. I told him i would be into you untill you do and you know how much i can go on :twisted:

The Divide
24-07-2004, 04:15 PM
the divide-was it fitipaldi from manchester off this board who you sold your ticket too?

No man, it was a really nice couple that showed up late expecting to just walk in. Someone they knew had backed out. I sold it on to some random bloke from Manchester who had been waiting for for about 3-4 hours

Paul Innercity & Tony Adamson would have handled this whole fiasco much better. Paul you da man!!

Jeff will always will get my respect for past productions but I think as a dj its time he moved on. Theres so much better talent from smaller more underground djs. Not to mention some really good attitude and true spirit

Times are changing and he needs to change his attitude or at least think really hard about his fee's. Even 5k is

No way will I fork out to see him dj knowing he takes such a large amount of door tax. 10k ffs. No dj deserves that! I would expect this kind of stuck up behavior from the likes of Judge Jules and Oakenfold

Sure if your a promoter/dj (whatever) making money then fair play. I don’t have a problem with that. It’s when they milk money like that 'because they can'. Other people’s love of music is exploited because someone’s been a greedy cunt.

I understand its not easy and requires true talent to stand out but I hate people that exploit the scene like that

The Divide
24-07-2004, 04:17 PM
** Even 5k is a lot to ask imo. **

Frank Dogshit
24-07-2004, 04:27 PM

Paul Innercity & Tony Adamson would have handled this whole fiasco much better. Paul you da man!!

2 Adamsons on this board,never knew that. Perhaps were related. :lol: :rambo: ;)

The Divide
24-07-2004, 04:29 PM

2 Adamsons on this board,never knew that. Perhaps were related. :lol: :rambo: ;)

Tiptoe
24-07-2004, 04:31 PM
thats what am on about mate. People like him charging 5k are ruining our scene. No dj is worth that amount. I know am just trying to get my name about like but i buzz of playing that much that even if i make it i wouldn't charge obscene amounts. I would of loved to of played at that last night man i would of wet myself. The whole big line up thing just doesn't seem to offer much business sense anymore. Smaller venue's 1 big dj (who isn't taking the piss with fee's) and some good local talent who sometimes are more talented than the dj's playing and you are on to a winner.

rca
24-07-2004, 04:45 PM
I was told by the guy on the door who runs the night I would get a full refund via TRIBE, so Iam holding him to his word, otherwise I will hunt him down. The night was a total shambles...CODE will return in 2005 WATCH THIS SPACE . . . . .

Tiptoe
24-07-2004, 04:49 PM
more information on code please :lol:

Tiptoe
24-07-2004, 04:52 PM
oh shit code. Near la bowl am i on about the right place. Are you doing it in the same place. I never went but i think it looks a real dirty venue. Allways say if i won the lottery i would buy that place and do it out into a techno club again.

rca
24-07-2004, 04:56 PM
Unfortunatly not. Tower Works has recently had planning approvel for 165 flats & 15 retail units. The site is for sale £5,000,000+ if your interested...

Tiptoe
24-07-2004, 05:01 PM
as i said maybe if i won the lottery ;)

Col
24-07-2004, 05:04 PM
claude young didn't play. was just on the dancefloor banging it out to robert hood. Give me that guy over robert hood anyday. He has more class and more talent in his little finger than jeff mills has in his whole body. Paul get my man claude young on soon. I told him i would be into you untill you do and you know how much i can go on :twisted:

whoops! i mis-read the situation. i assumed that when you said claude was there, that he had acted as a replacement for mills.

Tiptoe
24-07-2004, 05:16 PM
no although i wish he had. I would have gone home and got my tunes for him any day. Have got loads of stuff he plays so am sure he could of done it. Would of been an honour too having him play me choons ha ha You looked flushed anyway col to say the least in there when i saw you :oops:

Col
24-07-2004, 05:17 PM
I was told by the guy on the door who runs the night I would get a full refund via TRIBE, so Iam holding him to his word, otherwise I will hunt him down. The night was a total shambles...CODE will return in 2005 WATCH THIS SPACE . . . . .

yeah they have my details too. expecting a call, along with an apology pretty soon.

The Divide
24-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Went to Code club a couple of times. It was in a really dodgy venue down by the brewery warfe. Good laugh tho. Saw the liberators spin there. They didn’t have a bar tho.

eyes without a face
24-07-2004, 06:41 PM
oh dear, this sounds like a very unfortunate night and sounds like it was badly organised and some underhanded tactics went on

but i think a couple of people shud calm down a bit now, especially Tiptoe! no offence at all lad i know ur pissed off, but youve been on most boards today really slagging mills and calling him numerous offensive names that, in my humble opinion, are pretty uncalled for!

Ok Mills has an astrinomical fee, but his fee reflects the current situation in the techno scene. He is one of the top names in the scene and has been contributing and building his profile for the past 20 years, to say he has worked hard is an understatement. Dont publicly and personaly tear him to pieces for one nights mistake dude, as u said your trying to get ur name about and u might one day make it onto a bill with Mills.... or the same thing may happen to you one day and your records go walk about ( i know a few people think this is a lie but hey innocent until proven guilty as they say!), so i think you should try and curb your tongue a little over this one

i understand you had a bad night but rise above it dude, things like this have happened to me too but u just gotta get a refund and put it down to experience!!!

;)

The Divide
24-07-2004, 06:42 PM
Btw for those who havnt been to superconductor @ stinky's peep house

Go

Its a wickid night, had a top night on NYE.

I am not a superconductor basher. The residents put on a wickid show :cool:

detfella
24-07-2004, 06:47 PM
BRING BACK CODE :clap:

Tiptoe
24-07-2004, 06:57 PM
oh scotty i know what you mean mate but i don't think he or any big name dj requires a £6000 fee. Fair enough the guy has done a lot of good work but have been told by a fair few people i know that he seems to loose his records when on the same line up as robert hood? If the man had any respect for the people who paid good money to see him he would have accepted to play with other people's records and for a man of his stature i don't think that would of caused him too many problems. Fair enough it might not have been the jeff mills sound we all went for but he would have earned the respect of everyone for doing so rather than letting us down.
He will always get my respect for his music and dj'ing but not for this man.

Tiptoe
24-07-2004, 07:03 PM
and i have only kicked off on here and little detroit scott ;)

jock
24-07-2004, 07:07 PM
It does sound very bad, i think people aught to wait and see what Superconductor say about the matter first.

As for the mills thing, he is one of the most respected djs in the techno world and I think to say he is up his own arse is a bit much, but maybe he should have at least tried to have played.

The whole situation sounds very very harsh, we were going to go but thought **** it, well glad we did now!!!

Tiptoe
24-07-2004, 07:25 PM
i know i think i may have come across as a bit of a cunt with my ranting but am just well gutted and to be fair i must wait for superconductor to have a fair say. Its just some of the things i saw last night were very shit and sneaky. Making people on door pay £25 in and when they knew he wasn't playing. I found this had happened at 10:30 as soon as i got in there so obviously there was plenty of time to let the people queing he wasn't on and the potentially dangerous levels of people in. If this was down the the club and superconductor explain this i will be the first to hold my hands up and appologise for slating them for that. I have been to that club before and all week i said to people i spoke to i really don't know how they are going to fit 1000 people in there. I was expecting one of the best techno nights leeds has ever seen and was just an uncomfortatble sham. I only say he is up his own arse cos if i was him i would of used tunes people provided and made the best of it as to not let anyone down. Maybe he does not respect us to do that idon't know but just feel cheated.

eyes without a face
24-07-2004, 08:12 PM
yeah Joe as ive said i understand all the points uve made dude and rightly so id be pissed too! but come on, calling Mill's an arrogant cunt is so extreme. Ive had the pleasure to meet Mill's a couple of times and i can honestly say he is far from everything you or anyone else for that matter has been calling him today, he is one of the most down to earth and humble people around dude! This guy absolutley positively LIVES techno, and im sure they would of had to have been extreme circumstances for him not too play.

Its like the Picotto thread the other day, too many people spouting off just because they've heard off so and so that so and so happens (in this case the allegation that he always "loses" his records when he seems to be playing alongside Robert Hood). Its all speculation thats uneeded and not positive at all, and yeah ul argue that last night was uneeded and not positive, but its over now and putting the Dj and club down wont do any good at all.

Superconductor have proved themselves in the past to be good people who can put on good nights, last night was something that happens to every club once in its history.

i aint having a go kid u know me, i wouldnt pick on old tiptoe i just think that maybe you should go about expressing your anger in other ways. I suggest emailed Superconductor or ringing them and asking for a full explanation, refund and then an apology. If they are as decent as i believe them to be then this will be on the way anyway im sure!

and you could email Jeff Mills too and ask him for his version of events!

Tiptoe
24-07-2004, 08:34 PM
ha i know your not picking on me mate its just i have been kicking off about it most i know. Maybe i used the wrong termonology then arrogant cunt may not have been the right word to choose. Just feels what happens shows la lack of respect from mills and superconductor. Won't be moaning about it anymore anyway (thank god i hear you all shout) so don't worry scott :lol: If it had been a good night though i would have been on here singing its praises but it wroks both ways and am saddened i never got the chance but fcuk it it well all be forgotten by the next time i go out ;)

eyes without a face
24-07-2004, 09:01 PM
yeah for sure mate, i think this is what makes this board and techno fans in general is that at the time it matters most, people can see when they've been a bit OTT and make amends and look forward to whats to come.... hopefully Superconductor will be doing the same sometime very soon, im sure as soon as the weekends over they'l b online setting a few things straight and apologising to everyone!

lets rock!

Tiptoe
24-07-2004, 09:17 PM
yeah i hope they do come on and explain cos its only fair. Am not going to be asking for my money back though because that will do their night a lot of damage doing that and although am pissed off i would never do that cos it could **** them right over if everyone did that and i wouldn't want to do anything that could jepordise their night. At least i got hood and he was amazing and the guy on before hood played a quality set.
Not off to gods what a downer darkside next for me. When you getting your arse down to the darkside eh scott and where is my bloody cd :lol:

Stella Boy
24-07-2004, 10:44 PM
Last nights events are a major disappointment to alot of people, including the SC boys. I know they went through ALOT to get Mills to play in Leeds again and for his tunes to go missing is very disappointing for everyone, including Mills who spent the night in his hotel room. As for Mills turning down the offer of playing other peoples records, I'd be very surprised if this is actually the case but at the end of the day it's purely hear say. When the dust has settled I feel confident in knowing that dan and the SC boys will more than make up for it. As a promotor of a techno night I really feel for these guys as, like me, they are certainly not in to ripping people off and making a quick buck.

I know alot of you guys are really peed off but before you start ripping into the SC night and what it stands for I think you should wait to see what statement they come out with.

Let's not forget that we are all,including superconductor, in this scene for one thing.

Stella Boy
24-07-2004, 10:56 PM
Oh and one more thing.

How come Claude was at the club when he was playing down in London the same night :eh: :lol:

Tiptoe
24-07-2004, 11:08 PM
told me he was on holiday and having a break of mixing for 2 months. He said is stopping just outside Leeds and is chillin for a bit. I was that ****ed i was going to try and blag him to come round mine for a mix ha ha Now that would be somethings to tell the grandkids :lol:

Col
24-07-2004, 11:46 PM
Ive had the pleasure to meet Mill's a couple of times and i can honestly say he is far from everything you or anyone else for that matter has been calling him today, he is one of the most down to earth and humble people around dude! This guy absolutley positively LIVES techno

so down to earth and humble that he charges 6k for a gig?

eyes without a face
24-07-2004, 11:57 PM
im speaking on a personal level, what the man earns means nothing to me!

The Divide
25-07-2004, 12:35 AM
It means something to me having to pay the door tax

Stella Boy
25-07-2004, 05:00 PM
I've seen this on the LD site so I thought I would copy it over for you guys to read.

Absolutely gutting events on Friday regarding Jeff's no show - firstly here is how things transpired:

6pm I get a call from Jeff's agency saying he has landed in Leeds ok but unfortunately his two record bags have not. I am told that they will be flown in on the next flight in at approx 9pm. Also told that this happens 'fairly often' and that 90% of the time they always turn up on the next flight - hardly good news but we try and stay focused on the event preparation praying that things will be ok.

9:30 pm Jeff's manager rings me from the hotel and now I am told that he has two bags of records missing and that one is landing in London at about 10pm and the other one has not been located. One bag is full of Techno and one is full of House & Disco - I am told that the bag arriving in London will be driven up to Leeds, but if it is the bag of House/Disco Jeff will not play. The situation seems to be getting worse.

10pm and doors are due to open I ring Jeff at the hotel and speak to him personally - they have no more news, so we go over the situation. Thinking one bag is definitely going to arrive Jeff says he would love to come and play a Disco/House set but he thinks the crowd here would not go for it. I explain that that this does not bother me - our night is traditionally tolerant to all styles of music and that we want Jeff to play at all costs - the expectation for this night is huge, but I also empathise with what he says - many people will be coming expecting a full on Techno assault. Anyway, we have to sit and wait on the news regarding the records...

Over the course of the next two hours, yes two hours, no news is heard - I am consistently speaking to Jeff's manager during this time trying to cover all eventualities, reiterating that it is so important he plays if at all possible - and I do mention that we have access to a record shop etc etc, apparently Jeff is trying to download tunes onto his laptop in case he can play from cd. The bag would not arrive until after 1am I am advised so we agree that Jeff could play the last set now, having spoken to Rob Hood who is happy to go on earlier than planned.

Finally at about 12 midnight I hear that body blow - the guy picking up the bag in London cannot pick up the bag as the section of the airport is closed - in what sense closed I don't know - it's a complete shambles one way or the other and we have to decide what to do as I am told Jeff cannot/will not play - it's our worst nightmare come true.

Rob Hood now agrees to play 3-6 despite having only one bag of records. I now have to go on and play as Alex has been covering for me for 2 hours using my records which he doesn't know - having also to do a backroom set as soon as he comes off. We need to locate a mic to announce things so in the meantime we decide for our visuals guy to put something up on the screens, and let all those without tickets outside know the score and immediately drop the entry price.

After months and weeks of hard work we now have a complete mess to clear up now, we put everything on the line for this night and everything was paid up front - we took out loans and everything to pay for this night because we wanted to do it so much. It would be unprofessional of me to divulge the fees we had to pay, but the overall costs of the night were astronomical, hence the ticket prices as they were. To try and compensate costs out of our control we also gave away free tickets to the party at the Peephouse this Friday. I don't know the financial situation right now but we fully intend to give partial refunds back as soon as possible once we know what is happening - so keep hold of your ticket, as we will make announcements as soon as possible.

Regarding the overcrowding I am genuinely disappointed and sorry about this situation. We were let down by the venue in this respect also. The official capacity of the club is 970. We found out however on Friday afternoon that this included Arch 54 - the bar next door that they also own and runs through to the club. By this point we have already sold the 900 tickets we intended to sell. We were already told beforehand that we would gain this extra capacity later on in the evening when it was cleared out, hence why we were quoting upto 200 more tickets on the door. We can take the blame for this as we put the night on - but we felt that we had been let down by the venue on this front - as it meant we were over capacity on ticket sales which is a disastrous thing to happen. We were not expecting the demand to be as high as it was so it was all the more worrying once receiving this information on the day, to see 300 people queuing up outside without tickets - whilst trying to deal with the whole situation regarding Jeff's appearance/non-appearance.

To anyone who says this was a publicity stunt or we were doing it to make money, well that's about the most untrue and hurtful thing we can hear right now - you obviously know **** all about what we're about.
We don't lose money or work our arses off on a monthly basis for the last three years just to make a quick buck on a night and trash our reputation in the process, we are all absolutely ****ing gutted as everything seemed to be going so smoothly.

Now on a positive note - I think aside from the capacity being too high at certain times the night ended up being a success in certain ways, under the most harrowing of circumstances. The support and crowd was amazing. The majority of the crowd seemed to enjoy it and contributed to an electric atmosphere. The people with the mind set 'Jeff Mills isn't playing so I can't have a good night' appeared in the minority. We all spoke to many people on the night and the positive comments were very warming and outnumbering the negative ones. Though we totally understand peoples gripes and we have learned a lot form this night.

Of course everyone wanted to see Jeff Mills - but these things happen and we were very unlucky on Friday night, which was our 3rd birthday also. It's the worst situation a promoter can be in. Someone from the club managed to interview Jeff in the hotel, where he explains the situation and why he didn't play. As soon as we have this we will post it up, and we will be discussing a date for Jeff to make his expected appearance at Superconductor - I refuse to blame Jeff for any of this, he cares deeply about his performances and as some of the above comments demonstrate, his reputation is now damaged, as is our own. We have an uphill task now to prove to people that we are capable of pulling off such an event - and believe me will try our damn hardest.

Any further questions or concerns please fell free to contact us at info@superconductormusic.co.uk

I/we are so genuinely sorry to all of you, particularly for those who travelled from so far - I hope you can appreciate our own situation and we will try and make things up to you as best we can.

Thankyou,
Dan Moore

The Divide
25-07-2004, 07:13 PM
Fair play. Nice to hear they're side of the story in the end.

It’s a real shame about the overcrowding. Mistakes were made but these things happen, that’s life. Glad its brought up tho.

Probs get a ticket and show up early next time (if I can afford it).

neko
25-07-2004, 07:49 PM
i feel really sorry for them after reading that.
they're obviously gutted about it all :neutral:

Tiptoe
25-07-2004, 09:57 PM
fair enough i do feel like a bit of a cunt for kickin off like but they have to understand that there were some shit stuff that happended on friday night and him playing is not their fault really but to book him again seems a bit shit after hi letting us down but lets see what he has to say on the matter.
The tunes were good though and dan banged it out fair play to him i didn't think he was as good as he was but there you go. Soz for seeming a cunt but yopu have to see it from my side.

yorkie
26-07-2004, 10:52 AM
Dan Moore mentions that every thing was paid for up front and that they had to get loans out to pay the DJ;s etc... but if there is a no-show, do they still get paid???

Martin Dust
26-07-2004, 10:57 AM
Oh and Tip, that wasn't Claude mate :)

Yoshimitsu
26-07-2004, 11:38 AM

pmsl if he was that wrecked he thought he was talkin to someone else all nite :clap: :lol:

Tiptoe
26-07-2004, 12:44 PM

eh claude young was in there martin. me and my mates were talking to him about the orbit shutting down and various other pilled up rubbish.

The Divide
26-07-2004, 01:06 PM

eh claude young was in there martin. me and my mates were talking to him about the orbit shutting down and various other pilled up rubbish.

Maybe it was a lookalike? :lol:

Martin Dust
26-07-2004, 01:42 PM

Oh no he wasn't, that was my mate you where taking to fella...

Just how do you think Claude did a 2hr set, starting a 2am in London made it up to Leeds to chat to you and your mates Tip?

Did he string you along then? He would do as well - he had a daft grin on all night...

Bet you've learnt a lesson this weekend Tip...

Tiptoe
26-07-2004, 02:06 PM
:oops: is all i have to say :lol:

The Divide
26-07-2004, 02:16 PM
ahahahahaha thats funny :lol:

eyes without a face
26-07-2004, 07:47 PM
well done to Superconductor there, that cleared everything up really sweetly and you cant say any fairer than that

Tiptoe - HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! shame on you boy hahaha

Tiptoe
26-07-2004, 07:58 PM
am not going to live this one down for a while am i but at least i wasn't the only one and if it had been the other way around i would have strung me along too ha ha :lol:

neko
26-07-2004, 08:00 PM
am not going to live this one down for a while am i but at least i wasn't the only one and if it had been the other way around i would have strung me along too ha ha :lol:

shows you had a good night lad, if you were so ****ed you couldnt tell the difference! :lol:

eyes without a face
26-07-2004, 08:15 PM
but is that really a good thing???? one day u might just get the wrong person mixed up... with tragic consequences!!!

hahaha

Tiptoe
26-07-2004, 08:16 PM
well i thought he must of just lost a bit of weight but there you go. And it is deffinetly the sign of being battered :crackup: :lol:

Martin Dust
26-07-2004, 10:08 PM
Tip, you're not the first person to fall for it or ask mate - thank yourself lucky we didn't come back to yours and DJ (and yes he can) and eat up all your goodies - we can be cruel but not that cruel. We'll get you a pint next time we are at Darkside.

Sleep easy mate...you like your passion...

Martin Dust
26-07-2004, 10:10 PM
We like your passion that is...jeeessshhh long weekend

Tiptoe
26-07-2004, 11:13 PM
i would have let him have as many you know whats as he wanted i tell ya! Bloody claude Young lol Yeah a beer is sound martin or you can just book me to play at one of your nights ;) (And yes i know i am a cheeky bastard) :lol:

Martin Dust
27-07-2004, 12:57 AM
I book you on with Claude mate :)

Tiptoe
27-07-2004, 01:00 AM
that wouldn't really be fair on him martin you know i would blow him away :rambo: :lol:

Frank Dogshit
27-07-2004, 01:20 AM
good lad tiptoe,love storys like that me.

nowt wrong with a bit of clowning when twatted!! :lol:

Tiptoe
27-07-2004, 01:23 AM
oh these types of things can only happen to me mate ha ha Have you seen how much i was bigging him up in the other posts :oops: :lol:

Frank Dogshit
27-07-2004, 01:32 AM
yeah,i was proper confused myself when i was reading shit on the little detroit board that people had seen him in london that same night.

mad one innit,one to tell the grandkids! :lol: :doh: :lol:

Tiptoe
27-07-2004, 01:34 AM
well i was reading it and then i just started thinking no way... and then martin said it wasn't him it was someone he knew oh well it will keep a few people amused for a while :lol:

ampassasinbirmingham
27-07-2004, 02:35 PM
tiptoe's the funiest:)

Tiptoe
27-07-2004, 03:00 PM

278d7e64a374de26f==