PDA

View Full Version : from behind...

Col
16-05-2004, 05:06 PM
been working on this track today, dancefloor material with a slight ghetto twist. i chose the name FROM BEHIND, because whilst working on this track my girlfriend entered the bedroom demanding it ahem...from behind. :wicked:

as always, thoughts & comments appreaciated.

http://www.dancetech.com/members/my_tracks/audio/DT_ACFCE02685249.mp3

thorin
17-05-2004, 12:26 PM
:clap: nice stuff mate! ;) funky as hell, nice break in the middle

add some compression/efx to this and you'll have a class choon.

wicked drum programming as usual..

nice 1!

Col
17-05-2004, 06:23 PM
thanks luke, no processing or fx as yet. i will get there shortly mind.

dirty_bass
17-05-2004, 06:58 PM
nice groove, but very empty sounding.

Compress that kick and beef it up.
And make use of delays to fill out the sound space.
Could do with a little more mid range percussion too.
Have a careful listen to the frequency range you are covering here and work out how to fill the gaps.

Keep us up with the progress on this one. :clap:

Col
17-05-2004, 07:41 PM
cheers steve, coincedently, ive just been working on an alternative. will post soon.

dan the acid man
17-05-2004, 09:16 PM
the same as what steve said, it's got a nice feel to it but it need's filling out more, add some depth with reverb and compress it, add some delays and whack in some more percussion, it sounds so easy when i type it but i struggle to do all this :oops:

have you tried using effect's whilst your writing the tune's col :eh:

The Divide
17-05-2004, 09:55 PM
I love the groove, sounds a bit ignition techy ;) . I think some delay or a very short reverb on some of the percussion would help fill it out more. Needs some bass and lower mids too. The hats sound good. Keep em coming

Col
17-05-2004, 11:10 PM
have you tried using effect's whilst your writing the tune's col :eh: sometimes dan, usually i leave everything untouched in fruity, export all the parts to cubase, then go into the fx from there. perhaps i shouldnt post so early. although feedback at any stage is good.

cheers for the feedback dan. and get some of your material posted. i think quite a few people need to return the favour where you are concerned.

Col
17-05-2004, 11:17 PM
I love the groove, sounds a bit ignition techy ;) . I think some delay or a very short reverb on some of the percussion would help fill it out more. Needs some bass and lower mids too. The hats sound good. Keep em coming

nice one furn, i really appreaciate this kind of feedback. you know im a useless bastard when it comes to EQ/mixing. :bash:

The Divide
17-05-2004, 11:32 PM

nice one furn, i really appreaciate this kind of feedback. you know im a useless bastard when it comes to EQ/mixing. :bash:

S'all part of the learning process m8

278d7e64a374de26f==