PDA

View Full Version : Luke Slater

dtl
16-05-2004, 09:07 PM
Am I the only one that cant stop caining Trakton Action on Mute? It's quite fast at 160bpm but it has the most devestating guitar riff. Perfect festival music. It suprised me.

Eric.

eyes without a face
16-05-2004, 09:28 PM
160bpm????? is it produced at this speed or is that u pitching it up?

ive not heard it but i dont think it would be something id play if its pitched at that speed normally!

dtl
16-05-2004, 09:37 PM
Listen to the tune before you make a decision son. What is the matter about the speed? It brings a smile to my face.... :lol:

eyes without a face
16-05-2004, 09:52 PM
dont get me wrong, im a Luke Slater fan and i believe id probably enjoy the track in question, but personally im pretty confident it wouldnt be something id play.

from a production point of view pitching a track to 160bpm doesnt make much sense to me, at those sorta speeds alot of tracks lose their funk and thats what its about to me at the moment!

but il check it out anyway if i can, SON!

massplanck
17-05-2004, 12:52 PM
from a production point of view pitching a track to 160bpm doesnt make much sense to me, at those sorta speeds alot of tracks lose their funk and thats what its about to me at the moment!

but il check it out anyway if i can, SON!

Its a 3/4 time track.

so 160 bpm isnt an accurate description.

And I dont think its much good. takes way too long to get anywhere. inmho :cry:

T
17-05-2004, 12:58 PM
I love his PAS stuff, plus plenty of his other stuff, the man is a techno legend. Not so keen on some of his more poppy electro stuff...but was surprised I actually quite like this one. My Fav is the track entitled EDBD , bit of an an anthemic slower groove...ace... and Traktion Action is pretty full on stuff.
So yeah I like this one.

teknorich
17-05-2004, 01:39 PM
Used to really like Luke Slater. Now I have mixed feelings!! Some wicked techno tracks in the past, especially as Planetry Assault Systems, as well as stuff like "All exhale." But then I heard "Alright on top"..... Ouch! Where did all those vocals come from? Does he think that makes him a serious artist?? Not good!!!
Seen him play live a few times, and he was ace, but not seen him since that CD came out. Assuming he plays tracks from his album in live sets, this could mess things up...

T
17-05-2004, 01:50 PM
I think If you hear him play in a small intimate place he plays more of his chilled / electro stufff but still bangs it out if he's booked for a main room techno night.

duncandisorderly
17-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Its a 3/4 time track.

a waltz?

tioneb
17-05-2004, 03:43 PM
actually i only bought freek funk last week

this album is the best thing hes done so far, under his real name

ALL the planetary assault system releases are really good, and some clementine tracks are also really wicked ....

the wireless album was really creative imo, kinda big beat , though i wouldnt play these tracks .... that was his last good stuff as luke slater

massplanck
17-05-2004, 03:53 PM
Its a 3/4 time track.

a waltz?

yes a 160bpm waltz from luke slater.

OK. Everyone who bought this record play the second track on the b side and tell me what the **** is going on with luke these days.

Frank Dogshit
17-05-2004, 04:55 PM
not a great track at all.

wouldnt mind making a second judgement on it by hearing it in a club first tho.

278d7e64a374de26f==