PDA

View Full Version : REcording Hardware into CubaseSX

thorin
17-05-2004, 03:01 PM
when writing the track, we use hardware mixed along side the software synths etc..

but when I record the audio into SX it sounds different because it is now routed differently, not just parelell with the output of SX but within it..

Is there any way to take the line-in from Hardware drums etc, and have them processed relatime by the L2 expander n stuff in SX. as if it were a VSTi?

grrr, anyone willing to share techniques of using hardware and cubase VSTis together in conjunction with the L2 and C1 waves mastering plugs on the master...

thankS! lukr

DJZeMig_L
17-05-2004, 05:15 PM
If u have lot's of inputs on yer soundcard, just activate each and then plug the instruments straight into it.. activate the inputs and click monitor... add plug ins at will...

havent tryed it with sx 2 (with the plug in delay compensation) but u might get a slight delay on these signals... !?

Z

Komplex
18-05-2004, 12:41 AM
I'll normally hit record, record the external stuff off the desk in real time and then apply the processing to the recorded track.

Once you have it there, you can assign whatever efx you need to fit it into the mix.

Just a question:

For the final mixdown are you actually recording the stereo mix from the desk? Or does it all end up in cubase?

DJZeMig_L
18-05-2004, 12:47 AM
Yeah that's another way of going about it but I think thorin wants 2 work in realtime 'till he finds something he wants 2 comit 2 audio!

Personally I tend 2 send all 2 audio and mix within the software but that's cause I'ma control freak and I wanna be able 2 apply efx/ dynamics/ eq. 2 everything !

Z

thorin
18-05-2004, 01:00 AM
hmm, i like to tweak stuff live and record it in (e.g the ptich on the ride for old skool acid sound).. its really hard to get the feel across with too much messin about.

Really, it would be nice to settle on the kind of "accepted" method of mixing and recording hardware into the final mix. Im a kinda newby to SX bein used to hardware.

btw, can you create stereo audio track in cubase just on the off chance?

nice 1!

DJZeMig_L
18-05-2004, 01:58 AM
m8,

U can record 2 several stereo/ mono tracks no prob.

I guess the best is 2 record a little of yer live tweaks and then come back and sort of do a track rebuild form the best bits... lost of people work like this.. It's a bit heavy on audio editing but once u get the hang of it ... it's like a all new jamming feat!

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==