PDA

View Full Version : Sven Announces Euro 2004 squad

piginabush
17-05-2004, 04:11 PM
England preliminary squad:

David James (Man City), Paul Robinson (Tottenham), Ian Walker (Leicester); Gary Neville (Man United), Sol Campbell (Arsenal), Ashley Cole (Arsenal), John Terry (Chelsea), Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Ledley King (Tottenham), Phil Neville (Man United); Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Nicky Butt (Man United), David Beckham (Real Madrid), Paul Scholes (Man United), Kieron Dyer (Newcastle), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Owen Hargreaves (Bayern Munich); Wayne Rooney (Everton), Michael Owen (Liverpool), Emile Heskey (Liverpool), Darius Vassell (Aston Villa).

Southgate, Birmingham City's Matthew Upson, Scott Parker of Chelsea, Defoe, Smith and Everton's Richard Wright have been placed on stand-by.

lukekendall
17-05-2004, 04:39 PM
Defoe should be in the main team

**** Hesky!!!! :evil:

Esox Lucius
17-05-2004, 05:14 PM
sven is shit :lol:

anyone knows Defoe should be in there, only a clown who's heart isn't in it would take Heskey :lol: :lol: Steve Bruce must have been on the whisky when he decided to sign him :lol: :lol:

Numeric
17-05-2004, 09:20 PM
Yeah man, Heskey is awful..

Smith and Defoe should have been chosen...

If Sven's thinkin of playin his negative long-ball Houllier esque tactics in the Championships then they might as well not bother going. He p**ses me right off at times...

Col
18-05-2004, 02:17 PM
smith should have gone, and im surprised carragher got in ahead of mills too.

i rate heskey, and actually think he was right to be chosen.

lukekendall
18-05-2004, 04:13 PM
smith should have gone, and im surprised carragher got in ahead of mills too.

i rate heskey, and actually think he was right to be chosen.

na hesky is wank he cant score for shit i mean if owen is not in form who are you going to turn to score?? maybe rooney but he aint playing at his best at the mo! Vassel has good pace but again aint on goal scoring form!! as for hesky :roll:
bring on Defoe of the bench he scored 7 goals in 15 games for spurs from when they first signed him!! you know he can bang them in!!! thats what they might need when there 2, 0 down from france!!

Numeric
19-05-2004, 09:42 AM
You know England are in trouble when Carragher is chosen for the squad...

:doh:

Yoshimitsu
19-05-2004, 10:34 PM
You know England are in trouble when Carragher is chosen for the squad...

:doh:

:lol: :lol:

DJTrubass
19-05-2004, 10:59 PM
i think scholes for england

Numeric
20-05-2004, 09:38 AM
It p*sses me off when people talk about how Scholes hasn't been performing for England, when Sven's style of play completely undermines the Ginger Warriors game...

Scholes is, in my opinion, the best Mid-fielder in the country...

Esox Lucius
20-05-2004, 10:03 AM
nah i reckon little stevie wellard is the best midfielder in the country, even if he does play for the shite :twisted:

lukekendall
20-05-2004, 04:30 PM
It p*sses me off when people talk about how Scholes hasn't been performing for England, when Sven's style of play completely undermines the Ginger Warriors game...

Scholes is, in my opinion, the best Mid-fielder in the country...

na gerard then lampard

Scholes comes 3rd

Numeric
20-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Lampard better than Scholes, you're seriously havin a laugh...

lukekendall
23-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Lampard better than Scholes, you're seriously havin a laugh...

this season mate lampard has been better than scholes !!

278d7e64a374de26f==