PDA

View Full Version : Ben Sims - Women can beat their men...

Fake DJ
18-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Wat does everyone think of this, i think its ace as fcuk! the a-side has gotta proper dirrrrrrrty little riff mmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm

tekboi
18-05-2004, 01:36 PM
Very poor release from Ben Sims (who is my inspiration into techno) in my opinion. It seems as though he rushed this release, dont like it surprisingly. But to me he is a master in production and djing and love 99% of his stuff!

jock
18-05-2004, 01:43 PM
how can you say that, its a class record, typical of ben sims stuff and all three tracks are very playable.

Col
18-05-2004, 01:44 PM
i listened to this earlier, i quite liked it, nothing groundbreaking, but exellent dancefloor material, very funky & energetic, almost tongue in cheek. i think i will probably buying this one.

Frank Dogshit
18-05-2004, 04:14 PM
i prefer the junior cartier version myself which is suprising seeing as i dislike mr carter. decent remix this one tho,brilliant when played in a club.

The Overfiend
18-05-2004, 04:17 PM
dominatrix lives tonight.

schlongfingers
18-05-2004, 05:55 PM
Brilliant Funky House track - roit up my street

g
18-05-2004, 06:12 PM
i assume this is just a rip off of the cevin fisher track?

The Overfiend
18-05-2004, 06:32 PM
Cevin Fisher didn't exactly originate that track.
Look to the 80's chief.

ampassasinbirmingham
18-05-2004, 07:31 PM
my woman beats me :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

sherbert tone
18-05-2004, 07:38 PM
Very poor release from Ben Sims (who is my inspiration into techno) in my opinion. It seems as though he rushed this release, dont like it surprisingly. But to me he is a master in production and djing and love 99% of his stuff!

Heard thru the grapevine it's nothing to do with Sims and it's a Mark Broom production.
I like it, the riff is from Robert Armani.

g
18-05-2004, 08:17 PM
Look to the 80's chief.
ok, indian. perhaps i should have more explicity said 'the cevin fisher version?'

Stella Boy
18-05-2004, 08:34 PM
Look to the 80's chief.

:lol: - Quality sample indeed.

Capone
18-05-2004, 08:41 PM
Good, quality, funky, dancefloor track, from a top man.

eyes without a face
18-05-2004, 10:04 PM
if im not mistaken its credited as a Killabite production?

death on a stick
18-05-2004, 10:45 PM
Haven't heard it, I assume it uses the same sample as all the other tracks with the same sample as all the other tracks as.....??

The Cevin Fisher track kicks arse.

Sam_Horam
18-05-2004, 10:46 PM

Heard thru the grapevine it's nothing to do with Sims and it's a Mark Broom production.
I like it, the riff is from Robert Armani.

It's Ben. It's a killabite production.

And I think it's pretty cool.

eyes without a face
18-05-2004, 10:50 PM
yeah it is a cool track thats for sure

DJMAYA
19-05-2004, 01:12 AM
yea i got this last week. nice stuff to have a good laugh with i reckon. lotsa fun!

i want the original but i dont know who does it.
its sampled on the end of this release i believe.
hahaha here comes the realshit bitch!

i heard Jeff mills play this years ago and have always wanted a copy.
anyone know where to find it????

Numeric
19-05-2004, 09:14 AM
Not a bad release...

The Overfiend
19-05-2004, 04:15 PM
Look to the 80's chief.
ok, indian. perhaps i should have more explicity said 'the cevin fisher version?'

I understand that but how is it a rip of the Cevin Fisher track if they only used the vocal from the original track, and even played the original at the end, and on top of that Cevin was not the only one to use that voice either.

g
19-05-2004, 05:53 PM
Look to the 80's chief.

I understand that but how is it a rip of the Cevin Fisher track if they only used the vocal from the original track, and even played the original at the end, and on top of that Cevin was not the only one to use that voice either.
i haven't even heard it, all i meant was to clarify if it was from that track(s).. not to discuss whether it was sampled, the merits of the sample, who's on first, etc..

miles
19-05-2004, 07:31 PM
Wat does everyone think of this, i think its ace as fcuk! the a-side has gotta proper dirrrrrrrty little riff mmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm

A side is ok. No doubt get hammered.
B side is just a poor rip off of the purpose maker stuff, done badly.
Jesus, how many times can these records get sampled?
are there not any others out there that could be ripped?

tioneb
19-05-2004, 08:28 PM
hmm well the thing is that it has to be taken as abootleg ...

sims does his own bootlegs taking samples from this women beat their man, some purpose maker etc.... ive heard him spinning this on CD at the split party ...

like a lot of the early hardgroove releases, i think he didnt want to issue it on vinyl ... a lot of djs do this kindof tracks only to put something original in thier own dj sets ...

the thing is that, like the first killabite, when these tracks came out that surprisingly got huge success, as if the buyers didnt even know the original tracks ...

yeah ive bought this bootleg, its fun ! but i guess im gonna keep spinning the original one

jake
19-05-2004, 10:01 PM
women beat their men.. men beat their drum

DerrenBobafat
26-05-2004, 02:34 AM
Personally i prefer the first 2 releases on killabite but its still a good tune all the same

DROID
26-05-2004, 07:32 AM
yea i got this last week. nice stuff to have a good laugh with i reckon. lotsa fun!

i want the original but i dont know who does it.
its sampled on the end of this release i believe.
hahaha here comes the realshit bitch!

i heard Jeff mills play this years ago and have always wanted a copy.
anyone know where to find it????

despite all the diff versions....millsy plays the cevin fisher one :clap:

maily
26-05-2004, 09:57 AM
what is the cevin fisher track called?
theres no listing of a women _ _ _ _ _ on discogs by him :eh:

maily
26-05-2004, 09:59 AM
ok, found it, my fault,
it's by him under the pseudonym "submission"

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Submission

278d7e64a374de26f==