View Full Version : access virus A debate

cascade
18-05-2004, 03:25 PM
right.

ive found a access virus A from 1997

its starting bid is £275

im really tempted to bid for this as i have the cash and really want a virus

my problem is this

should i wait till i can afford the virus c or would i be happy with the A?

really excited to get a virus but should i bother or not?

my other options are novation range maybe.

need help people.

SHOULD I OR SHOULDNT I BUY A ACCESS VIRUS A?

(emu, baptismo, vorny, wez, any trance producers help me on this one?)
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

EmotionComplex
18-05-2004, 04:40 PM
things you need to ask yourself, do i actually need it ? will it fit into my current set up? will it be a tool that will offer something u cant allready obtain from the set up you have ? will it offer enough benefits to what i allready have to warrant the money?

i personally wouldnt get the A and buy the B instead if i was going budget, i didnt buy a hardware synth till about a year or 2 of me getting to grips with soft synths so i was sure i would get the unit that suited my most.

ive found that its best to wait untill you actually get to a point were you require a certain tool as apposed to getting one thinking its what you need, i bought the k station 3-4 years ago and soley used that along side a couple of softsynths before i decided to invest in the C last year, but that was only after extensive demoing in various music shops for about a month or 2 till i decided it was the addition i needed.

On the other hand a few years ago i orderd a hardware sequencer thinking it was what i needed and it turned out to be a bit of a mistake.

Although saying this if you can get the virus A for about 300 then it might be worth buying but i think if your going to invest in a peice of equipment then its best to go for the most flexible which would be the b or c virus or something like the KS rack which im considering replacing my k station with soon, roland sh32 is a nice little synth for under 280 now aswell.

But if i was you id save your cash for now and stick with the software your using till your music reaches its boundaries with what you are using and you need to change :cool:

cascade
18-05-2004, 05:09 PM
cheers emotion
good point might not buy yet as im just getting to grips with reason, well im pretty much sorted with that now.
one side tells me i do cause i have amazing melodies and riffs and tracks waiting to be made but reason doesnt have the sound,

but if i did buy it i would have to learn how to make tracks on cuebase, or somthing similar.

can anybody in the know recommend any good synths for around 300?

like emu says the ks-rack sounds minted, played on a ks4 recently and was really impressed. might invest in this first as its simialr layout to reasons virtual synths which im familiar with.

so any ideas for good hard synths for the 300mark??

(you gotta agree with me thought that virus synth for 300 sounds promising? lol :lol: ;) )

278d7e64a374de26f==