PDA

View Full Version : the CHAT thing...again...

VOMATRON
20-05-2004, 12:32 AM
i been thinking...sometimes postings on messageboards make it come out all wrong...F.X. one thing can aspire to another and suddenly it can sound like bitching becauser of misunderstandings which you only get to explain like 2 pages later when you find out its been percepted in a way that you didnt mean at all.

what about using the chat sometimes? many of these threads turn out in a chatty way in the first place, and since there is a chat, why not use it?.
im not saying that we should waste all our time chatting on the net, i sure dont have time for it, but its a more spontaneous thing and can often be a lot more giving than just waiting for repliess.

i know im jusst a bloody junior freak , but can anyone follow what i mean?

G-whizz
20-05-2004, 09:29 AM
i been thinking...sometimes postings on messageboards make it come out all wrong...F.X. one thing can aspire to another and suddenly it can sound like bitching becauser of misunderstandings which you only get to explain like 2 pages later when you find out its been percepted in a way that you didnt mean at all.

what about using the chat sometimes? many of these threads turn out in a chatty way in the first place, and since there is a chat, why not use it?.
im not saying that we should waste all our time chatting on the net, i sure dont have time for it, but its a more spontaneous thing and can often be a lot more giving than just waiting for repliess.

i know im jusst a bloody junior freak , but can anyone follow what i mean?
I know exactly what you mean mate ! I made a similer comment in the geezer thread....
only problem for me is i`m on here while i`m at work so its a bit hard to chat in real time .
but you do have a point :)

jonnyspeed
20-05-2004, 09:36 AM
...because to chat you have to be both online at the same time - forums yer don't. So a flowing thread isn't live chat, isit?

VOMATRON
20-05-2004, 02:09 PM
i can see that theres a problem with that, someone has to be on for anyone to want to stay in the room, and if noone stays, then there wont be anyone when the next comes..etc.

so its a bit of a dilemma, but for example...sometimes when you know alot of people are on, posting in the same thread, it would be easier to say hey lets go on the chat and discuss this

Si the Sigh
20-05-2004, 02:12 PM
I'm just going to pop into the chat room for a wank. It's so quiet in there that no one will notice.

VOMATRON
20-05-2004, 02:14 PM
and G-whizz, read your post, and thats exactly what i mean. peoples comments can come out very diffrent wether its harsher, less funny or lamer than intended, and often you can even see it afterwards yourself, cause you got a bit carried away
...and then its just there for everyone to read

Si the Sigh
20-05-2004, 02:17 PM
...with no edit button to re-word! :neutral:

VOMATRON
20-05-2004, 02:28 PM
mustve been a quick wank :lol: , i went in there right after you said it you werent there

VOMATRON
20-05-2004, 02:29 PM
ogf course i didnt go in there because you said you were gonna take a wank :doh:

(another example of it comin out wrong)

;)

quazkvas
20-05-2004, 07:32 PM
vomit whazza fool, it aint gonna work mate, we got soulseek chattroom and hardly once a week someone popup with SUP complex dialog haha ;)

VOMATRON
20-05-2004, 08:39 PM
hehe yeah i get what you mean quazi but a man gotta try , but nows time to give up on this universal problem i guess ;)

seeya man...have a good weekend

278d7e64a374de26f==