PDA

View Full Version : Percy X

Numeric
20-05-2004, 09:25 AM
He's booked to play at our night in a couple of weeks time...

I've heard good reports from a number of reliable sources, but i've never actualy heard him play...

Just wondered what you guys think of him?

scienceofuse
20-05-2004, 09:47 AM
I've never seen him play either, but I kinda dig some of his productions... I used to love his "Gain EP" on Soma back in the day...

killarava2day
20-05-2004, 10:21 AM
'Break it down', classic Percy track!

tioneb
20-05-2004, 02:38 PM
the "lady killer" with mark broom is really great

teknorich
20-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Am really impressed with some of the names I've seen playing at Hendre Hall recently. From Justin Robertson, SLAM etc through to Luke McMillan and the harder styles. Bangor used to be crap for techno, but it's really picking up. Guess it's partly down to the venue - Hendre is a wicked place!!
Might be moving over to live in Bangor soon, so might have to become a MOOV regular...

The Overfiend
20-05-2004, 03:54 PM
the "lady killer" with mark broom is really great

you beat me to it

Numeric
20-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Am really impressed with some of the names I've seen playing at Hendre Hall recently. From Justin Robertson, SLAM etc through to Luke McMillan and the harder styles. Bangor used to be crap for techno, but it's really picking up. Guess it's partly down to the venue - Hendre is a wicked place!!
Might be moving over to live in Bangor soon, so might have to become a MOOV regular...

Yeah man...

Become a Moov regular!!

:clap: :lol:

teknorich
20-05-2004, 05:38 PM
Hendre is a wicked venue - a converted farm house! It's always a good night; stomping away in a small friendly techno room, then going outside to chill out in the open air, with a bonfire and picnic tables. Class!!

Dustin Zahn
20-05-2004, 06:05 PM
Percy X rocks. I saw him play in 2000 at Furthur (hey, Mark EG played the same party!) and it was bad ass set. Some of his older Soma cuts are pure classic. Work Like is the bomb as well as Break it Down and Grain. Ez.

jonnyspeed
20-05-2004, 07:20 PM
So what's this North Wales thing all about then?

daviec
20-05-2004, 08:13 PM
Percy X is a great dj. Many times I 've heard him steal the show from bigger names at Pressure in Glasgow. Expect him to nail the crowd with a perfect choice of tracks, and really work it. He's known to drop more unusual choices in there as well to keep folk on their toes. 80's disco-pop and the likes. Superb. :clap:

Each and every time I've heard him he's been class.

Numeric
21-05-2004, 12:18 PM
Hendre is a wicked venue - a converted farm house! It's always a good night; stomping away in a small friendly techno room, then going outside to chill out in the open air, with a bonfire and picnic tables. Class!!

Yeah man...

It's alright isn't it, big up the Hendre crew!!

:lol:

The best night we've had thus far was Slam, we packed the venue and they destroyed the Main Hall big time!! Lets hope Percy can do the damage...

Col
21-05-2004, 07:36 PM
never heard him play, but i like some of his productions.

NinjaTechno
22-05-2004, 01:13 PM
He's booked to play at our night in a couple of weeks time...

I've heard good reports from a number of reliable sources, but i've never actualy heard him play...

Just wondered what you guys think of him?

seen percy x play a few time at GAIN his club night at alaska,and of course at pressure.i enjoyed what he played.started with electro and bulit up 2 techno.always plays some intresting tunes.

Numeric
02-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Percy X - This Weekend at Hendre Hall in North Wales b*tch...

Be there - be there - be there!!

DeBzTeKnIq
06-06-2004, 12:29 AM
arf arf Percy aARF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

arf?

The Overfiend
06-06-2004, 05:47 AM
Cease and Decist. :nono:

MARKEG
06-06-2004, 01:43 PM
IDIOT. WHY DID NO-ONE PM ME AND TELL ME OF THIS MORON?!!?!!

dan the acid man
06-06-2004, 02:07 PM
IDIOT. WHY DID NO-ONE PM ME AND TELL ME OF THIS MORON?!!?!!

oop's, i meant to put it in the message i sent to you about guest's being able to post :oops:

MARKEG
06-06-2004, 02:17 PM
np's ;)

sorry came across a bit annoyed there :oops:

but after reading so much crap by him i was starting to get a bit peeved.

all good. thanks mate.

dirty_bass
06-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Sorry, the posts ony appeared last night, and this kind of stupidity never lasts on boards. I imagined the twat would be gone in a day.

Numeric
07-06-2004, 03:04 PM
Gettin back on track...

Percy played for us on saturday night at Moov, his set was quality, started with some heavy breaks, went into bleepy minimal techno funk before building for a slammin finish, respect due...

What was the last tune about though, the less said the better... :doh:

;)

teknorich
07-06-2004, 03:39 PM
Don't leave us hanging mate - what was the last track?

Glad it went well, as I told you I'm looking to move to bangor this summer, so it'll be good to have some techno nights around. I know Mark sometimes plays in bangor, but that's at elevate, which is a trance night. Real techno in a farmhouse - quality!!

Numeric
07-06-2004, 05:30 PM
Don't leave us hanging mate - what was the last track?

Glad it went well, as I told you I'm looking to move to bangor this summer, so it'll be good to have some techno nights around. I know Mark sometimes plays in bangor, but that's at elevate, which is a trance night. Real techno in a farmhouse - quality!!

I can't actualy remember what the track was off the top of my head, some kind of eighties pop-cheese dance remix horror. Percy might have thought it was funny, but i didn't...

278d7e64a374de26f==