PDA

View Full Version : Alan Smith to Everton?!?!?!?!?

The-last-man
20-05-2004, 04:20 PM
Off Skysports.com:

Everton manager David Moyes have confirmed the club will make a 'substantial' bid for Leeds United's England international striker Alan Smith.
The Rothwell-born hit-man is destined to leave his beloved Whites this summer, after their relegation from The Premiership this season, and is subject of a reported £7 million bid from Everton.

Rivals Manchester United have had two offers, in the £3.5 million and £5.5 million region, rejected this week, but he is thought to favour a move to Old Trafford.

Moyes is keen to unite England international Wayne Rooney with colleague Smith, although the Leeds man just missed out on England's Euro 2004 squad.

The Scot is keen to rebuild the Merseyside outfit, following a desperately disappointing Premiership campaign - one of their worst in history.

"I can confirm that we are making a substantial offer for Alan Smith," said Moyes to the club's official website.

"My hope is to partner Alan Smith and Wayne Rooney in my Everton side next season."

Deputy chairman Bill Kenwright confirmed the club have kept tabs on the Leeds man recently and hope to make him an Everton player next term.

"David and I have been discussing the Alan Smith situation at Leeds for over two weeks now," said Kenwright.

"I can confirm that in the last 24 hours we have had contact with those involved in the hope that Alan Smith might be an Everton player next season."

what a signing he would be for us! Where have we got £7 million from?!?!?

Come on Smithy lad, you know you wanna play for us! :lol:

Numeric
20-05-2004, 05:08 PM
:lol:

He's comin to Old Trafford mate...

The-last-man
20-05-2004, 05:20 PM
Cant see it mate, Smith & Rooney up front next season!

Come on you blues!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

edk
20-05-2004, 05:25 PM
i also heard everton tabeled a bid, can't see him going their, and it would be his choice ? see him going to a team in the champions league, hence probably the mancs, as numeric said, ive heard his not intrested in liverpool as he cant see how how hed fit in with owen and cisse, see the same prob at the mancs, with horseface and saha !! hed be better of at newcastle i think.......

The-last-man
20-05-2004, 05:29 PM
I know he wont come to everton, its our board just trying to please the fans.

They know quite well that they wont get him, they may as well of bid £20mill for Thierry Henry!

Sad to say it, but we wont be signing Alan Smith :cry: :cry:

Col
20-05-2004, 10:15 PM
aprils fools day was on the 1st of april!

Esox Lucius
22-05-2004, 08:17 AM
april fools day has been all season for you Col :lol:

Col
22-05-2004, 09:19 AM
april fools day has been all season for you Col :lol:

your only pissed because smith wants the scum. :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==