PDA

View Full Version : delayed warning - need feedback

Dave Arbiter
22-05-2004, 09:03 PM
aside from 5+ years of djing, i've only been hard at producing for about 5+ months... here's one of the tracks i'm working on currently, i need some outside feedback

i know its RA, but my encoder for mp3s ran out so i can't post mp3 up until i can get another encoder. :help:

http://users.ev1.net/~djarbiter/tracks/delayed_warning.rm

its one of my first tracks, so lay it on me -- i can take the beating

Dave Arbiter
24-05-2004, 10:31 PM
updated: bass synth, kick, ride, n fx

i got hooked with an mp3 encoder.. so here's the mp3 for those who chose not to hear lowered quality media

http://users.ev1.net/~djarbiter/tracks/Delayed_Warning.mp3

Col
25-05-2004, 12:49 PM
this is very good to say you have only been at it 5 months+. not very keen on sci-fi effect that enters on the break and continues throughout though. . the drums are great though, bass is ok too.

dan the acid man
25-05-2004, 08:57 PM
i agree with col, it's great, especially considering you have'nt been at it long. the percussion has got a great groove to it, the only thing's i dont like is the kick need's more bottom end in it and i agree on the sci-fi noise, i would personally use a different lead synth and have the sci-fi sound coming in and out of the mix every now and then

Dave Arbiter
27-05-2004, 07:34 PM
yea i worked hard on those drums -- i see what you mean by no bottom end - i believe i added a deeper bassline in the mp3 version .. maybe i need to turn it up or compress it more

heh i liked that sci-fi sound, i actually made that sound from scratch lol maybe i'll play around with it and distort it more or just find something else that might counter-act it and make it sound more intense or something :hmm:

dan the acid man
27-05-2004, 11:26 PM
at the end of the day if you like that sc-fi sound leave it in mate, it's your tune at the end of the day, maybe just throw in a few tweaks on that noise here and there to stop it being too repetetive, one thing i hear alot of produce's do is to add more delay on some of the note's here and there

networkacid
29-05-2004, 05:56 AM
I like it (even the sci fi noise! :P) but definitely need bigger kick drum. I love the little filtered edits and drops you use, they really break it up nicely.

dirty_bass
02-06-2004, 05:11 AM
Yeah, this is groovy. Lovely relaxed percussion.

The bottom end is weak, I`m guessing your set up is bass heavy and you are over compensating in the mix.

Man, tweak this mutherfukka up and you got a stormer of a track.

maybe add some automation to that scifi sound so it swims around in the mix more.

Class.

jake
02-06-2004, 06:26 AM
visit itunes.com it has a free mp3 encoder! :)

steelgrooves
21-06-2004, 04:28 AM
Whats up Dave ? Its RJ from Austin.I dig that track especially the perc. Some nice writing. Like said above tweak that shit out and it will be a very nice track!

Id play it

DJVirulent
21-06-2004, 11:02 PM
I love everything about this track except the ride cymbal. It's a bit too loud in the mix, turn it down a notch. Otherwise, it's great Sims-y techno!

Dave Arbiter
26-06-2004, 06:50 PM
thanks for all the kickass feedback. i've already reworked and tweeked some parts of this track out; i'm gonna take this all into consideration and repost up an updated version once i finish it.

i've got 2 more i'm working on as well, i'll make sure i get those posted up when i finish those too. thanks again for the feedback, keep em comin :rambo:

278d7e64a374de26f==