Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Thread: Latency

Junior Freak

Default Latency

Ive just installed a new soundcard M Audio Audiophile but I am still finding that I have a slow reaction when triggering soft synths in SX.

Is there anything that I can do to improve the reaction? Im using XP and my processor is AMD XP 2000.

I had expected to get an almost instant reaction!

Ultimate Freak

audiophiles don't have 0 latency monitoring. i'm not sure about the xp tweak but maybe you can set the audiophliles asio driver to have less.
    piss and the vultures will pay... coming soon

Administrator

i really don't know how much yhou know about sx etc but have you swapped your audio driver to the asio driver or are you still running the multimedia driver - there's a setting for it on the device setup part i think...

Junior Freak

I removed the old soundcard and all the drivers and software associated with it before I installed the Audiophile, I did just check in the device setup and the only drivers I see are the audiophiles although Im not entirley sure.

BOA Lifetime Member

Make sure u go to the devices ... VST Multi Tracking.. Asio Driver.. there u should find what u need!!

Also search the web for XP tweeks for audio,.. I'm not really a pc nerd but as far as I know tha best thing 2 do is create a new particion on yer HD, install a new XP in that partition... now do all the tweeks.. Make sure thsi partion as only music stuff.. install as little as possible, ONLY what u really use... get away from the IATSYC syndrome (Install All The shi* You Can) :P lol...

Make sure U have the latest drivers 4 your soundcard...

Hope this helps,

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

BOA Newbie

hi m8, you can find some good info here:

http://www.musicxp.net/