Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    BOA Lifetime Member

ive been usin it today, making loops in fruity then savin em and arranging in acid, wikid proggy didnt realise u coudl do so much with it
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

Administrator

EXACTLY... i think it's a god send... i love it... so does my girl chrissi... we were both totally blown away when we discovered what it could do...

System Janitor

My only real complaint with Acid Pro is the way they judge screen sizes. I use a 1600x1200 resolution, and I have problems seeing each individual track when trying to arrange things. I have to turn my resolution down just to see the breakpoints and command points properly and thats a bit annoying.

A minor thing to complain about, but I figure thats a good thing for the software then.

Still havent been completely successful with it though, Im giving it more time before I do one of the cry for help things.

Mike

You go in hard, and you go in fast.
    You go in hard, and you go in fast.

Administrator

God, have you read the computer music review of acid pro4 this month... it basically says it's a pile of arse. And after reading the review they've got a point!

Junior Freak

but at the end of the day, if it works for you , who cares what the magazine says,

I don't think many people will suddenly stop using it because a magazine says its crap.

Ok somethings in acid could be better , like vst effects and better midi implementation, but the positive things about acid are still there and its just getting better. You have to remember that to a great degree they are judging it against the rrp ( which is quite high ) so value for money is lower .

p.s. if you are a registered user of acid the upgrade prices are very good........

Administrator

point taken...

BUT I do notice alot more audio glitches with a4 that a1,2 +3. the review also compares it to ableton live, which I used to do my first Live PA with in Brazil last month. If you compare it to that then I suppose you can do nothing but complain! I think if ableton eventually allows you to export seperate wav files, I think I'd switch completely...

but hey, until then.. ap4 is still my top recommendation for people just getting into audio...

Edited by: markeg3000 at: 10/26/02 1245 am

Junior Freak

I'm not sure about acid pro. It's great for knocking up ideas but I found limitations... ie I had an idea for a part of a track but to do it in Acid would have taken ages compared to Logic.

I'm in no way an expert, which is why I found it odd that I was limited by acid pro.

What I do use it for though, and this is my tip for all it's worth..

When you've almost finished a track, try bouncing the whole lot down, and splitting it into sections in a wave editor. Then you can mess about with the final arrangement in acid.

stage.vitaminic.co.uk/daviec