Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    BOA Newbie

Default glenn wilson/dimdj+dj pici

Grand opening @ cube - Cube - Thessaloniki - GR

Friday 21 March

glenn wilson/heroes, compound, submissions (live act)

dimdj and dj pici/relax recs, poeta negra (hard techno/dj set)

@ cube club
    46, andreou georgiou str.

the first 100 guests,gets one promo mixed cd for free.
    opening 23:00.

cube club/thessaloniki,gr
    46,andreou georgiou str.

www.relaxrecs.gr
    www.dimdj.com
    htto://www.glenn-wilson.net

Junior Freak

I was with Glenn last saturday (15.03.03) ;o)
    Great live act.

Regards,
    Karlo
    info:www.carlmax.com :-: 4 funwww.myspace.com/carl_max
    PRESTIGE RECORDINGS

Supreme Freak

sorry to jump into your thread but i was wondering how the techno scene is in greece im going to be playing there soon and its the first time ive been over , thanks for any info

Junior Freak

Default Techno@Greece

Supreme Freak

thanks for the info good luck with your party

BOA Newbie

Well, I am from greece too, and actually Glenn Wilson couldn't make it to that party. They stopped him at the airport because of overweight luggages :(
    So, my friends travelled 600km with a bus (that had a flat tyre at 00:10!!) to listen to some local dj's in a really small club.
    A week after this event, the same club claimed to have booked Justin Berkovi who -for unknown reasons- never made it, too.
    Well, I hope bookers arrange it better next time :/

@ herman:
    Many htechno dj's have visited Greece (Chris Liebing, Speedy J, Dave Angel, Stanny Frannsen, Redhead, Marco Bailey, Johan Bacto, Rino Cerrone, Pascal F.E.O.S., Misstress Barbara, Ellen Alien, Marco Carola, etc), but I think that things could be better. Unfortunately, htechno has a relatively smaller crowd than other genres.
    Where r u playing mate?
    OnE MaN Br|nGs Wh4t3v3r Is Ne3d3d d*_*b PUMP UP GEARS, MOTHER****ER, PUMP UP GEARS! -=Keep L33ch|ng=-

Supreme Freak

i played at mirrior (think thats how you spell it) in athens like you said it was very small but it was good fun nice people and i enjoyed it hopefully they did as well.

BOA Newbie

:D :D :D
    I go too often at Mirroir! When did u play?
    30/04 Redhead will play there
    OnE MaN Br|nGs Wh4t3v3r Is Ne3d3d d*_*b PUMP UP GEARS, MOTHER****ER, PUMP UP GEARS! -=Keep L33ch|ng=-

Supreme Freak

i played there on the 12th of april if you was there i hope you enjoyed it

BOA Newbie

no, i wasn't :(

Junior Freak

Lascoum.

I am best mates with Justin Berkovi and he was told by the promoter that his gig was cancelled because Glenn Wilson had not turned up before so he didn't want to risk losing anymore money. So he was booked and was looking forward to playing in Greece for the 1st time but these things do happen.

P.

BOA Newbie

Dear Mr. Langley,

thank you for your reply :D
    Sorry for my english, I never accuse artists, but promoters/bookers (if u understood it that way). :?
    The fact is that in Greece the following has happened twice with Rush (as u may have read in Major's forum, where i was asking him). Some people spread flyers TWICE that Major was coming. It was during last summer, so as u may imagine everyone tried to arrange their holidays according to those dates.
    This was Major's post:
    "IMPORTANT..LYING PROMOTERS! Feb.8th (schranzattack) Russian Roulette is NOT playing at this event. It starts again where promoters are lying that Rush is playing on certain event (People please be aware of false flyers) We must break these promoters down & shut 'em down for once and for all... "

So, when the event of Wilson was cancelled at the time of the party, and then Berkovi's, everyone (incl. myself) assumed that it must have been the same trick.

Respect,
    Vasso, Greece.