Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BOA Newbie

Could you say me the name of the exact track?

I will try to get it

Thanks a lot man!

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by analfreaked
    And Analfreak is me,I posted this here too since some guy from that forum told me about this forum,go there and see it by yourself
    ok maybe we are just having a language issue... yes, i know that was you. that was the crux of the whole good-natured joke that it was.

back to the topic, dustin's advice is very similar to my comments in the LD forum: layer layer layer. as before, i believe the sound you are looking for is the product of experimentation with quantizing, tuning, bitrate; multiple instances of the same sound, processed differently. miro is right that so much of that stuff is sampled from LeDang but it's obviously been processed to death. it's the processing you need to delve into, not the sample origin.

BOA Lifetime Member

miro is always right.

Liaisons Dangereuses (Hit Thing) - avant apres mort or dupont i do not remember any more.
    non serviam

Ultimate Freak

do u want to know how he does it or do u want your trax to sound the same ?

not a slur, jus wondering
    featured on VOICES Vol 1 - TEMPL8R.1 - V/A - AVAILABLE SEPT

BOA Newbie

[quote="perpetual"]do u want to know how he does it or do u want your trax to sound the same ?

I been already asked about that... Honestly,first I want to have those sounds to try to do my own Regis quantize template, the " feeling " is the only think that I want to copy,not the sounds.(As I don´t want to be another Reeko ,When I get the trick I will replace his sampled sounds with my own similar ones

I have tons of dark strings/soundscapes tracks with TR sounds that sound "too old fashioned" and are just waiting for the " strange tripet flam " grooves

THe option to extract groove from audio both from logic or recycle never worked fine to me, I couldn´t extract any template properly, Does anybody....?

Ultimate Freak

so now we're on to dissing reeko.

BOA Newbie

I would say that some sounds are place and quantized 2 triplets or 64th positions, also some of the old stuff was quantised to 64 like that!

I am tryng it right now with Logic, but What do you mean by 64 positions?

That I have to put the grid to 64 instead of 16?

Or the advanced quantice options ;Q-RANGE to 1/ 64 ? ( it means tiping 60 in that screen)?

sorry, I know it might sound awful but with my english...

Thanks again

Junior Freak

how is sounding like regis a bad thing? the downwards sound is undoubtedly inspiration for reeko... i find that chopping up loops and using similar sounding but slightly different snare sounds and fiddle with the decay lengths does the trick with a lil delay and/or chorus/flange

BOA Newbie

Yes, I have been all night looking for convincent snares and pitching them(
    God I wish I hadn´t sold my TC Fireworx, it had an impressive pitch shifter) :cry:

I now can sound a bit like Reeko,but what about Surgeon?

Tresor 117 Force and Form, track ;Remains of What once was, another triplet or was only wise speed velocity? I never knew after those years stuck on it

I mean that quantize that has been copied to..

Tresor 117 Force and Form, track remains of wHat once was, another triplet or was only wise speed velocity? I never knew after those years stuck on it

I mean that quantize that has been copied to.. ( see Gaetano Parisio)

Any help ?

BOA Newbie

Tresor 117 Force and Form, track remains of wHat once was, another triplet or was only wise speed velocity?

Sorry I meant midi note velocity programming

Ultimate Freak

:bash:

BOA Lifetime Member

try the grid at 64 and play/ program with that, also u can use an autoquantize 2 that grid when playing... if need slow down yer music bpm wise so u can get each position right!

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

BOA Lifetime Member

trying to emulate someone's sound for educational purposes is great... but i think that maybe u should spend ur time trying to develop ur own sound and techniques instead!

i agree with Buttman, its like banging ur head against a brickwall trying to copy someone, there is always gonna be something that they've added or used that you just wont get... and as ive hinted at above, there's not much point to it!

;)

BOA Newbie

C´mon guys, I am not a copycat, I just wanna learn all the tricks to develope my own sound, as I told you before, and quantize is something advark with logic( I think it doesn´t work properly as it did on cubase vst)

ANy of you uses it on Logic properly?

Junior Freak

I've never hada problem quantizing with logic. Do you select (highlight) all of the notes to be quantized before you push the quantize button???

BOA Newbie

Of course I do, and sometimes they move and change the sound when you change the advanced Q options in the main arrange and some others NOT
    it is a curious thing.

Junior Freak

refresh me what quantize is again..is it when u make the drum rolls go really fast..like makes the notes closer together...thanks

BOA Lifetime Member

It's when U define a certain Time/ Musical Grid, then u grab yer notes and u make they're start shift (move) 2 the closest grid line 2 each note. It's basically a way 2 correct the timmeng of yer performance 2 absolute mechanical perfection.
    Then Steinberg Introduced this concept called Groove quantise, which basically means u can program a certain delay/ advance in some grid lines so that the notes become a bit more loose and funky... aquire a certain groove!!

Hope that clears it m8,

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

Ultimate Freak

FLStudio has some really nice groove/quantization templates in their Scores folder in the program. I recommend it to everyone really. It sounds really nice with hi hats and smaller sounds. Gives it a thicker, more fluid and analog sound.

Junior Freak

SWING!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast