Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BOA Newbie

Default Floops polic question

If you hear a tune that is rather good, BUT you know it was made out of Fruity Loops, do you still give it (or the artist) the same CREDIT as a tune made out of heavy analog gear, or complex sequencing/recording software?

IMHO Floops is a GREAT learning program, and its ease of use makes it what it is today.. I guess i love fruity loops, its where i started.. but it seems too silly to make money out of a tool like that. If you want to give the crowd a good track, its not with fruity loops you should do so.. I mean, its a matter of respect for all musicians!

Floop users should look into more complex sequencers like Cubase, or Logic.. Even Reason beats the crap out of floops.

Spicing up the board..
    To suppose that earth is the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to believe that in an entire field sown with millet, only one grain will grow.

Supreme Freak

I think Producers and the like should be allowed to use what ever programme they like,if you are out and you hear a good tune you aint gonna worry about what prog it was made with
    http://www.djjaym.co.uk/images/j.co.ukbanan.gif
    ALWAYS REMEMBER :
    THE TOES YOU STEP ON TODAY COULD BE ATTACHED TO THE ASS YOU MAY HAVE TO KISS TOMORROW

Supreme Freak

was that intended to get a reaction? cos its probably the most stupid thing i've ever heard... if its good it doesnt matter sh*t where it came from... thats just a really snobbish thing to say if you ask me.
    the alarm clock\'s going off. but you\'re not waking up. this isn\'t happening.

Supreme Freak

Default Re: Floops polic question

Quote Originally Posted by JQuake
    If you hear a tune that is rather good, BUT you know it was made out of Fruity Loops, do you still give it the same CREDIT as a tune made out of heavy analog gear, or complex sequencing/recording software?

IMHO Floops is a GREAT learning program, and its ease of use makes it what it is today.. I guess i love fruity loops, its where i started.. but it seems too silly to make money out of a tool like that. If you want to give the crowd a good track, its not with fruity loops you should do so.. I mean, its a matter of respect for all musicians!

Floop users should look into more complex sequencers like Cubase, or Logic.. Even Reason beats the crap out of floops.

Spicing up the board..
    hmmmmm....... dont quite agree with ya here mate.

BOA Newbie

eheheh now thats what i call a reaction!

Snobbish? dont think so.. Anyone has the right to his own opinion..

Lets say... you sample a few couple of sounds from known tracks, mix them up say in fruity loops... and you got a cool sounding track.. does that make you an artist? dont think so.. Maybe a copycat...

And it does matter, it matters for those who spend crap loads of money on real equipment, to give the audiences the most pure produced sound.. I guess its normally obvious which tracks are produced in fruity and those which are produced in a far more complex cenario..

Maybe there are those who cant tell the difference, but thats just a matter of ears, and experience.
    To suppose that earth is the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to believe that in an entire field sown with millet, only one grain will grow.

Supreme Freak

its like saying: if you eat a fry up, and enjoy it, but find out it was cooked with tesco value ingredients, do you proceed to induce vomiting to purge it from your system? i think not.

BOA Newbie

Its like if you eat macdonalds youll probably end up with stomach ache... and it tastes good too! :)

Of course you can eat whatever fry comes to your plate.. thats just a choice.. But If you really dig fries... you can always tell the difference bettween them ;)

BOA Newbie

And remember... i never said it was a -bad sound- if produced with fruity, my question was, do you still give it the same CREDIT as a track produced with complex equipment/gear? That was the question. then, came my opinion. If you wanna flame, flame the question, dont flame my opinion.

I still use fruityloops.. but only to experiment. Never i intended to release a track done in that prog to the market of trance. It would be an insult to the professionals, and quite an ilusion to myself.

For that matter, you could use ejay to build up tracks and feed them to people.. as an artist, would you feel confortable with that? if you did... that wouldnt make you an artist. Maybe a money pacman :)

Dont think people using floops can consider themselves pros. Even if they can make really good sounding tracks with it. (and im no pro)

Supreme Freak

as i said if soemone produces a track which is good and people enjoy it ,who cares what it was produced on ,I know someone who dones tracks on a playstaytion got them signed then tidied em up on proper gear and i know tons of producers who use different progs
    http://www.djjaym.co.uk/images/j.co.ukbanan.gif
    ALWAYS REMEMBER :
    THE TOES YOU STEP ON TODAY COULD BE ATTACHED TO THE ASS YOU MAY HAVE TO KISS TOMORROW

BOA Newbie

sure, as for my opinion... i admire more the artists that know how to handle with complex gear then those who use "toys".
    As for the music, it can sound good, even if made in a playstation.

Music made with:
    Ejay - Sounds good, level of difficulty (VERYLOW)
    Floops - Sounds good, level of difficulty (LOW)
    Logic/CubaseSX- Sounds good, level of difficulty (HIGH)
    Analog Equipment - Sounds Very Good, L.Df - (V.V.HIGH)

You can paint abstract and become a famous painter. But if you have technique, its a different story.

Ultimate Freak

Well I eat cabbage so I'm completely different.
    Follow your music with heart and you can never go wrong...

Ultimate Freak

Well I eat cabbage so I'm completely different.

Keepin' it Unreal

i really think that this is a completely stupid thing to say!! If u get the results out of one thing it dosent really matter what u use!! I dont think its a insult to people who use hardware if somone produces an equally good track using just fruity! If anything it should show them how stupid and long winded it is to just use hardware. But it dosent really matter what u use, respect should be there no matter what!!

Ultimate Freak

Yeah I agree IQ.

I eat cabbage and my shit is totally starting to come out green!

Keepin' it Unreal

hahahahaha!

BOA Newbie

Try only to eat cabbage for a diet... im sure you will die soon enough.

Supreme Freak

mate, i really have no clue why you bothered posting this...
    do you like shokk? fruity loops man.

why is it better for something to be difficult as fcuk to work out? why does that mean your track deserves more credit??? it just means it takes longer to write the track, and if you've got no good ideas the track is gonna be shit whether you use dance ejay, floops, cubase, protools or you construct a mechanical sequencer by hand using a selection of washers, cogs and fan belts... seriously man, i really think youre being snobbish... its the end result that counts, and if the track is more than the sum of its parts then who gives a shit about the processes used in its production?? if you found out tomorrow that scot project, kramer et al used fruityloops would you stop buying their tracks?

BOA Newbie

Alright, i should of been more careful on the post.

Someone makes a track. It sounds good.

If that someone used a toy to make the sound, im not going to give HIM the same credit as i would to someone that uses pro equipment.

If you sequence a beat in a pc, surely you arent as good as a live drummer. For many reasons.

I dont buy music unless its really good. And its obvious that really good music excludes music done in fruityloops-> ALONE.

Why do i dislike hiphop? Because to me, that aint music. Its the same loop over and over with vocals, talking about the hood and the chicks, or whatever. Coincidence or not, Hip-Hop lives because of programs like fruityloops. (loops..loops...loops)

Then again, its really nice to know most people dont give a crap about if a track was produced in a toy program or not. that was my intention.

I always tried to avoid fixing myself in such easy programs for the lack of respect it would be for pro musicians.

I remember a comment when Reason came out.. it said something like: There is a new b*tch software in the virtual world. Its name is reason. The first was fruityloops.

And you that call me snob, remember which sequencer you use. Cubase SX right? Why? Because it casts fruity loops in a bag and sends it to Bagdad.

Junior Freak

If you hear a tune that is rather good, BUT you know it was made out of Fruity Loops, do you still give it (or the artist) the same CREDIT as a tune made out of heavy analog gear, or complex sequencing/recording software?

If someone make a tune that I like or appreciate then I would give them credit regardless!

Its also good for making your own loops and the importing to cubase so why shouldnt you use it?

And it does matter, it matters for those who spend crap loads of money on real equipment, to give the audiences the most pure produced sound.. I guess its normally obvious which tracks are produced in fruity and those which are produced in a far more complex cenario..
    Why would it matter to them if they are making music because its what they love? Surely they wou;ld be happy douing what they are doing and not care about what others do to make their music?

Never i intended to release a track done in that prog to the market of trance. It would be an insult to the professionals, and quite an ilusion to myself.
    And whys that?? Does it matter what you use to make yoyur track? If it sounds good people will like it regardless of what program you used to produce it.

Logic/CubaseSX- Sounds good, level of difficulty (HIGH)
    Analog Equipment - Sounds Very Good, L.Df - (V.V.HIGH)
    How do you differentiate between someone that uses Sx but imports loops made in fruity? I also take it that you mean people who only use Analog gear sound a lot better than people who, say use equipment such as access Virus or Supernova and are equally skilled at programming these VA's? Also do you mean that they dont use cubase to sequence their music only Hardware sequencers?

Also how would you know if even your favourite track wasnt made in FruityLoops? If someone was good enough with it I'm sure they could make a trance track good enough even to fool YOUR ears? perhaps not?

Keepin' it Unreal

Quote Originally Posted by Nomak

Also how would you know if even your favourite track wasnt made in FruityLoops? If someone was good enough with it I'm sure they could make a trance track good enough even to fool YOUR ears? perhaps not?
    Init mate!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast