Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Supreme Freak

Default Please tell me what 'freeform' music is?

I am being schooled by som1 who mixes this music. He is letting me know that the music he mixes will be remembered for longer than tracks like Energy Flash, Jesus loves acid and Mentasm etc.

Freeform? Is this some new sub genre of hard house?

BOA Lifetime Member

If it`s so memorable, why don`t you know what it is?
    Why don`t I know what it is?
    I think maybe, the man is talkin mouth poo
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass
    If it`s so memorable, why don`t you know what it is?
    Why don`t I know what it is?
    I think maybe, the man is talkin mouth poo
    Maybe it is some new style of music he made up. Fvck knows. I think it is hard house or hard style anyway.

BOA Lifetime Member

ive heard a bit an basically its just updated happy hardcore/hard house/hard trance mash up :roll:

Ultimate Freak

Default Re: Please tell me what 'freeform' music is?

Quote Originally Posted by serox
    Freeform? Is this some new sub genre of hard house?
    its basically hardcore. sounds a bit like sped up hardtrance
    used to be called trancecore but everyone thought that sounded stupid so they renamed it :lol: :roll:

yet more headonistic music for the attention retarded imo.

Likes it hard

MangaFish is almost right althou i disagree with the last bit of his post.

slap for you boy :lol:

could always download a mix to get a better idea ;)

http://www.nuenergy.co.uk/djmixes

BOA Lifetime Member
    Birkenhead, shithole but it's my shithole.

it gives you a head ache.
    lol the trance has gone

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Downwards
    thats if u can put up with it for more than 10 mins :lol:

Junior Freak

It's more than sped-up trance. That's the reserve of normal hardcore these days. Freeform is a pretty broad genre - it can go from the slower trance led tracks, to hard ravey sounds, to the faster minimal stuff coming out of Finland atm, which is some of the best music I've heard in a while. I would be surprised if most people on here liked it though.

Ultimate Freak

sorry people, but you are all so totally wrong, in a potentially corrct kinda way. what you are describing is a word that has been applied by silly people to music that they cant describe because its such a bastardisation of too many genres.

freeform, across only a limited amount of genres, MAINLY JAZZ, is music that has an underlying time signature that all the musicians adhere to, but the music thay play over the top melts over the rhythmical structure yet conforms to the melodic patterns that are preset within the standard.
    eg, they are counting the rhythm subliminally, and they are working off an established melodic pattern or a specific melodic direction through various notes. what it sounds like is a total mess of 'freeform' improvisation as each musician improvises around the notes, but instinctively counting the rhythm regardless of the barrage of sound. but at a specific given point they could all drop back into 'the hookline' for what is essentially 'the chorus' and prove that they are spot on in a musical structure sense.

to apply this to a 'hybrid of trance and hardcore and sped up hard house' is quite humourous. freeform implies freedom, but all these genres work within such definite preset and very limited pattern structures and rhythms that it doesnt even do the dictionary definition of the word justice.
    I dont know. You give people freedom and what do the do with it?
    WHATEVER THEY BLOODY WELL LIKE!

BOA Lifetime Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry people, but you are all so totally wrong, in a potentially corrct kinda way. what you are describing is a word that has been applied by silly people to music that they cant describe because its such a bastardisation of too many genres.

freeform, across only a limited amount of genres, MAINLY JAZZ, is music that has an underlying time signature that all the musicians adhere to, but the music thay play over the top melts over the rhythmical structure yet conforms to the melodic patterns that are preset within the standard.
    eg, they are counting the rhythm subliminally, and they are working off an established melodic pattern or a specific melodic direction through various notes. what it sounds like is a total mess of 'freeform' improvisation as each musician improvises around the notes, but instinctively counting the rhythm regardless of the barrage of sound. but at a specific given point they could all drop back into 'the hookline' for what is essentially 'the chorus' and prove that they are spot on in a musical structure sense.

to apply this to a 'hybrid of trance and hardcore and sped up hard house' is quite humourous. freeform implies freedom, but all these genres work within such definite preset and very limited pattern structures and rhythms that it doesnt even do the dictionary definition of the word justice
    hahaha :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
    Comment of the week.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Administrator

that's poetry :clap: :clap: :clap:

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Downwards
    Made my neice shout no, no, no and start crying. And that says something the stuff I play. lol

BOA Lifetime Member

And freeform jazz is mostly best consumed on a large sofa with a few bottle of red and the lights off, imo.

I was going to say some elements of Tony's explanation but only knew that there was an underlying rythm that everybody just plays what they want to... kinda like 'Jamming'

Can is a good example of freeform music. They just recorded months of stuff in their studio at Inner Space then edited the best bits into albums. Live versions just took key themes then just worked together to go on an unknown journey. I recommend anybody to get a copy of Cannibalism vol 1 and vol 2.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony

to apply this to a 'hybrid of trance and hardcore and sped up hard house' is quite humourous. freeform implies freedom, but all these genres work within such definite preset and very limited pattern structures and rhythms that it doesnt even do the dictionary definition of the word justice.
    Quality university standard analysis :clap: :clap: :clap:

Quality analysis, university standard actually :clap: :clap:

BOA Lifetime Member

Oppppps better go back to bed

Supreme Freak

so it is just shit then i take it?

i thought it was just a name that some kids had made up to sound cool. which i think, sounds about right.

Supreme Freak

maybe i am a bit harsh, so it is a mix of trance and hard house with some jazz then?

Does anyone mix it or can anyone point me in some classic 'freeform' records?

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Tony

you might beleive me when i say booze and stress induced a reaction to hapless vicitim of a newly described music genre. whoops!!

still right though :lol:
    I dont know. You give people freedom and what do the do with it?
    WHATEVER THEY BLOODY WELL LIKE!

Likes it hard

well i listen to freeform lots and i still say its a mix of hardcore and speeded up trance so knickers to you lot.
    if you dont believe me go to a night that plays it or ask some of the nu energy guys as they produce it.

the guy just wanted to know in simple terms what the style was like as his mate plays it,no need to take the piss imo just cause you dont like it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast