Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Thread: MPC for techno?

Junior Freak

Default MPC for techno?

Does anyone work with an MPC for producing techno? Any pointers on likes and dislikes of the MPC would be greartly appeaciated. Also, any views on other hardware sequencers, new or old, would also be cool. Thanx.

Administrator

i know it's excellent for electro. haven't heard many people talk about it for techno though...

Junior Freak

I had one when they 1st came out in 97 and I made my 1st EP for Kne' Deep and a EP for High Octane on it. They can be a bit tricky at 1st but once you get your head around the idea of hardware sequencers rather than computer software then it's a doddle. They are really stable and quite well built but when your looking at a tiny screen for hours on end it can get a little straining in the eyes and neck. I know that Mark Hawkins uses one when he does his live set and that's pretty full-on Techno.

P.

Junior Freak

I had one when they 1st came out in 97 and I made my 1st EP for Kne' Deep and a EP for High Octane on it. They can be a bit tricky at 1st but once you get your head around the idea of hardware sequencers rather than computer software then it's a doddle. They are really stable and quite well built but when your looking at a tiny screen for hours on end it can get a little straining in the eyes and neck. I know that Mark Hawkins uses one when he does his live set and that's pretty full-on Techno.

P.

Junior Freak

I had one when they 1st came out in 97 and I made my 1st EP for Kne' Deep and a EP for High Octane on it. They can be a bit tricky at 1st but once you get your head around the idea of hardware sequencers rather than computer software then it's a doddle. They are really stable and quite well built but when your looking at a tiny screen for hours on end it can get a little straining on the eyes and neck. I know that Mark Hawkins uses one when he does his live set and that's pretty full-on Techno.

P.

Ultimate Freak

triple take there paul? hehehhe
    piss and the vultures will pay... coming soon

Ultimate Freak

the mpc is a kool tool like any other. its all in the approach.

Junior Freak

bloody computers......... :x

BOA Lifetime Member

4 live work I think the MPC is hard 2 beat!

Also the shuffle on it is rather nice. I think the major down is little memory (max 32mb), using the filters (or any other synth capabilities) is also a little tricky...

My take on this is .. sample and edit samples on a pc/ mac then get it 2 a ZIP, connect 2 the mpc and let it rip!! :)

This a machine that really helpz ya get the groove going, I've donne a few things 4 Djax with it ... it is slammin' 4 drum workz and seq. ...

check the xl version 'cause the little extras really pay at live work...

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla