Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.

Thread: DJ Rush Tracks

BOA Newbie

i'm a big fan of dj rush.. both his djing as his productions.

but im wondering what makes his (drum)tracks sound so good? most of them are very simple (with that i mean that he doesnt use much different elements) but they sound so fat and groovy. it just cant be just they way he masters his tracks i believe. he always has such nice rhythms goin' in his tracks.. how do you guys think he does this?

sry if im not being clear enough, i just couldt find the right words at some points.. def. have to have that babylon trans. goin' again. :/

BOA Lifetime Member

He has loads of different drum sounds and he makes sure he uses most of them on a same track... Lots' a compression... some heavy overdrive... And the main trick Shuffle!!

Loads of good humor, imagination and luv 4 what he does!

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

BOA Newbie

yeah, he was singing live @ i love techno.. very cool!

BOA Lifetime Member

yeah, Shuffle is very important in Rush-esque tracks, give it that lovely chicago sound
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

BOA Lifetime Member

the groove/ shuffle or what ever it's named in Fruity Loops gives ya a very close feel, but if u really analise a 909 shuffle the big thing is that it really isn't static, i.e. it has small changes... very organic... fuc*** thing lol :P

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by eyes without a face
    yeah, Shuffle is very important in Rush-esque tracks, give it that lovely chicago sound
    <i></i>
    that's what I think too 8)

BOA Lifetime Member

Default DJ Ze MigL

that and the wacky drum sounds.. mostly snares... and 909 doesn't play the main role all that time, ... program a lot of drums with out any timming reference (i.e. metronome or kick), then add the kick exactly contrary 2 where u would expect it 2 be (generally this means (3/16, 7/16, 11/16, 15/16)....
    Also lots'a shuffle and a snare on 4/16, 8/16, 12/16, 16/16).. then go creative on these snares!!

Also compression.... kick comes in and brings all the perc. down!!

Z