Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Junior Freak

Default Size of project files in SX...

I have one project file that for some reason is 40MB in size and takes around 3 hours to open. Does anybody know how to reduce the file size or why its so long? The track is only around 3mins in length at the moment and Ive tried deleting most of the audio.

Is there a way to clean a particular project up without opening it?

BOA Newbie

hmmm, thats strange... mine never exceed 1 meg. and cubase doesnt saves the audio within the project file. correct me if im wrong.

BOA Lifetime Member

control + P -- Opens project... in here u click with the right button of the mouse and then clear all unused media!! This should do the trick!!!

There r 2 main ways of bringing audio into yer cubase...
    1- U use the audio directly from yer folder in yer HD
    2- U copy the audio 2 the project audio folder (the best way if u ask me)...

With the 2 u make sure u don't screw up yer sample library by mistake!!

Now U may have long samples that u only use a bit... so U can also do a freeze all edits...

Another way is File/ save project 2 a new folder, when u do, u have options 2 cut the samples precisely only 2 the needed bits (and only the samples used!!)... After this make sure u also save yer *.cpr (project file with yer track) 2 the same folder...

Hope this helpz,

Z
    Djax-Up Beats rec, Minimalistix Rec, Holtzplatten Rec, Invasion Rec, Fined Rec., bla bla bla