Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Games Moderator

Default Right then Footie fans...

Who on here can honestly say that they support there football team like a fan should ?

I'm mainly talking about going to watch your team. I'm pretty sure most of you on here don't go to watch your teams & in my book that's not really a supporter :dontevengothere:

I think most of you are armchair supporters :roll: & the nearest thing you come to supporting your team is a rep shirt. (typical prem team fan) You know the sort of fan...he/she gets all the latest news from skysports :roll:

I've had a season ticket for the past 10 years at my club & go to 50% of the away matches. How many of you follow your team home & away :?:

I'm not trying to be clever here & saying your not a fan cause you don't go to matches but the way some of you bang on about supporting Liverpool,Everton & man U etc you'd think you could at least attend the match.

ok then lets have your excuses :lol: nah only joking ;) but please be honest.
    You gotta say YES ! to another excess

BOA Lifetime Member

I'm mainly talking about going to watch your team. I'm pretty sure most of you on here don't go to watch your teams & in my book that's not really a supporter
    What a load of bollox. I go to games when there is tickets available which isnt very often!

I've had a season ticket for the past 10 years at my club & go to 50% of the away matches. How many of you follow your team home & away
    Not surprised. I bet i could get a season ticket for club as well if i wanted but not at my club mate. There is a small 4/5 year waiting list that fuks that up. This is quite common at a lot of PREMIERSHIP grounds. So the fact that you cant go to every home game fuks up any chance of getting tickets to the away games becuase you aint got the necassery stubs.

I'm not trying to be clever here & saying your not a fan cause you don't go to matches but the way some of you bang on about supporting Liverpool,Everton & man U etc you'd think you could at least attend the match.
    Thats exacly what you did say in your 1st sentence :roll:

The Games Moderator

Fan & supporter are 2 different things in my book ;)

Calm down traxx lad :lol: i'm only asking why if you support a club you don't go on & you gave your answer as lack of tickets because your teams well supported.

Here's another one, my mates a big fan but can't go cause it's just to expensive for him, he has a family & just finds the price out of reach at the mo. ;)

Some peeps don't live in the same parts of the country as their team, so there's another reason.

They are the kind of thing i'm expecting some of you to say

BOA Lifetime Member

There is a big difference in asking for reasons why we cant go to the match & saying that if you dont go your not a fan like you did in your 1st post.

The Games Moderator

Yea fair enough i was just trying to get a bite :lol: ;)

certainly got you fired up :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJsmallpaul
    Yea fair enough i was just trying to get a bite :lol: ;)
    got one :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member
    Birkenhead, shithole but it's my shithole.

I rarely go the footy simply because I am not willing to pay £28 or more to get in.
    lol the trance has gone

Ultimate Freak

I think Small Paul has got it spot on. A real supporter is someone like Helen Chamberlain from Soccer AM who watches their side most of the time.

But then it is boring for most people to support a lower league side unless they are from that town or city so end up being a Fan of a top league side but then the problem is they end up living 200 miles away from the club.

BOA Lifetime Member

basically y i dont attend every home game is bcoz its jus over 360 miles away!

and b4 u say well y support em if u live that far away bcoz i am from there :)

its jus not feasable for me to travel up there loads and go to games i ave enough trouble survivin on my money as it is... i would love to be able to go watch liverpool week in week out believe me....

i have thought about goin to the odd plymouth game but havent done bcoz i dont support em basically...

been a couple times but not many
    If you notice this notice,
    you\'ll notice this notice is not worth noticing!!!

BOA Lifetime Member

ive been to spurs when i was younger like but its too far away for me to travel really, i would really love to see them but it aint possible it would cost me loads for the ticket and to travel. the other thing is all my mates support man u/ arsenal / liverpool so i doubt they want to go see spurs or if we were playing them it would proberbly be shit either way if one team lost if ya get me :lol: ;)

so yeah i usaully watch all the games down the pub or on the sofa but thats better than not watching them at all for me ;)

BOA Lifetime Member
    Birkenhead, shithole but it's my shithole.

at the end of the day to get into burnley is probably about a tenner and as traxx says piss easy to get a season ticket, to go to a premiership game you are talking over 60 quid when you include food, travel & beers etc.

i used to go the game all the time when my old man was paying but im not prepared to spend that much on going to a game when i could spend it on a big bag of skunk & watch it on sky ;)
    lol the trance has gone

Ultimate Freak

I used to have a season ticket every year until 1995, the fa cup season.

Me and my dad lined up over night to get fa cup final tickets, with all the stubbs etc, and there were peolpe being served without any stubbs, getting as many tickets as they could.

In the end, they had sold out of tickets, and i didnt go to the cup final.

My dad hasnt been to a match since, and i dont go as often.

To say that people arent real supporters is bollox, football is expensive, and a lot of people i know cant afford to go to the match.

Im a real fan of my club, regardless what anybody else thinks.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Lucius
    i used to go the game all the time when my old man was paying but im not prepared to spend that much on going to a game when i could spend it on a big bag of skunk & watch it on sky ;)

hahahah got your priorities sorted there lad :clap:

Ultimate Freak

:lol: :lol: :lol:

almost right mate :lol:

Chill Out Moderator

Im just a fan, only been to 2 games in my life :roll:

The Games Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Lucius
    at the end of the day to get into burnley is probably about a tenner and as traxx says piss easy to get a season ticket

Tenner try £20 mate & it is easy to get a season ticket for the Turf if you've £300 to lay out at that time.

SPORTS MODERATOR

Ive been goin to tranmere for bout 17 Years and am 20 years old u may say its silly me goin at such a young age but me old man got lumped with takin me to tranmere to give me ma a bit of piece and quiet and av stuck with Tranmere ever since. i remember goin to the layland daf in 1990 agaist bristol Rovers when we won 2-1 i remember this very well as it was my first ever really big game at wembely to,i go to all home matches and some of the away ones most of the ones that our close to home ie Wrexham,Huddesfield(which i didnt go to last nite as i had footie trainin tranmere won 3-1) lol!,Oldham,Wigan,Crewe,Stoke and Port vale,=some of these teams are now in the championship but in the last few seasons these are the away games av been goin too.i dont go to many away games as i dont have any really gud friends to go to away games with as there not big tranmere fans inormally go with the girlfriend and me old man when home games are on,if i had agud friend who was a big as a supporter as me and i cud drive then id be at every away game,i see my self as a very big supporter of tranmere although i dont go to away games and ive always been a fan since a very young age,i hate it when a big team comes to prenton park and the ground fills up it really pisses you off and when u cant find a seat you think twats why cant u be here every weak oh and dont forget tranmere play in white :lol:
    I also supporter Everton as i once lived over there (liverpool)now livin on the wirral,so it wud be alot harder to go to those matches i can admit am not as big a supporter of everton as i am off tranmere but if ilived over that side everton wud most probably the side id go and watch although tranmere wud always be my first team.

TRANMERE TILL I DIE
    AM TRANMERE TILL I DIE
    I NO I AM AM SURE I AM
    IM TRANMERE TILL I DIE!!!

UNDERGROUND SOUND

Ultimate Freak

Its bollocks saying you arent a fan if you dont go to games, I live around 400 miles away from Middlesbrough, there is the reason that i dont go to as many games as I would like, but I do plan my rare trips oop north to see my parents for weekends when the boro are at home so that I can go to the games..... hopefully this season I will get to a couple of London games or Southampton/Pompey away, but up until about a month ago I worked every saturday so couldnt travel.

I wouldnt dream of going to Argyle, they are crap and it costs as much as going to watch a Premier League game

Supreme Freak

Im a season ticket at middlesbrough and have been since the season we finished 12 in devision one and lennie lawrence was the manager.We had the likes of john gittens,nicky mohen etc etc a couple of seasons before robson came and all the fans came back.I go to as many away games as possible and i have the badge tattoo'd on my arm im also getting smoggy tattoo'd down my right leg.I can i qaulify as a supporter/fan what ever you want to call it.

The Games Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Richierush
    Ive been goin to tranmere for bout 17 Years and am 20 years old u may say its silly me goin at such a young age but me old man got lumped with takin me to tranmere to give me ma a bit of piece and quiet and av stuck with Tranmere ever since. i remember goin to the layland daf in 1990 agaist bristol Rovers when we won 2-1 i remember this very well as it was my first ever really big game at wembely to,i go to all home matches and some of the away ones most of the ones that our close to home ie Wrexham,Huddesfield(which i didnt go to last nite as i had footie trainin tranmere won 3-1) lol!,Oldham,Wigan,Crewe,Stoke and Port vale,=some of these teams are now in the championship but in the last few seasons these are the away games av been goin too.i dont go to many away games as i dont have any really gud friends to go to away games with as there not big tranmere fans inormally go with the girlfriend and me old man when home games are on,if i had agud friend who was a big as a supporter as me and i cud drive then id be at every away game,i see my self as a very big supporter of tranmere although i dont go to away games and ive always been a fan since a very young age,i hate it when a big team comes to prenton park and the ground fills up it really pisses you off and when u cant find a seat you think twats why cant u be here every weak oh and dont forget tranmere play in white :lol:
    I also supporter Everton as i once lived over there (liverpool)now livin on the wirral,so it wud be alot harder to go to those matches i can admit am not as big a supporter of everton as i am off tranmere but if ilived over that side everton wud most probably the side id go and watch although tranmere wud always be my first team.

TRANMERE TILL I DIE
    AM TRANMERE TILL I DIE
    I NO I AM AM SURE I AM
    IM TRANMERE TILL I DIE!!!

Good lad :clap:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast