Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    the big pork pie

Ah! So its either Andrew or Jodie you know then. Shame Sidewalk Theory went under. I liked the style of the releases, although I will say some of the pressings were fu*king piss poor. Great label design though! :clap:

Supreme Freak

..[/quote]

because it will affect sales of the established label[/quote]

I don't see how TBH...[/quote]

because people start to miss loads of releases if they come out every two weeks it doesnt give enough time for the records to sell say 4 example you have 700 pressed only 300 of them will sell when it first comes out the other 400 will sell over the months to come now if theres a new release out straight after them first 300 are sold the shops arent gona b back ordering the rest of that release they are going to be stocking there shelves with the new release leaving over 400 un sold records , i cant speak 4 anyone else because i dont know, but my records are distributed through jedi and the closet they will release stuff is every month now surely there must b a reason 4 this when obviously the more records they sell the more money they make!

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Si the Sigh
    Ah! So its either Andrew or Jodie you know then. Shame Sidewalk Theory went under. I liked the style of the releases, although I will say some of the pressings were fu*king piss poor. Great label design though! :clap:
    Yeah, but I've got compressed versions on final scratch now...

Sidewalk Theory had the right idea - plenty on dark 303 lines and a healthy respect for Stella!

I know both Andrew and Jodie from the Tribe of Munt parties when they actually dj'd a bit. If you speak to them, tell them Ed told them to get the slippers off and start attending a few parties!

Junior Freak

if your a musician and you want to get your music out there on vinyl in the shops and played out on big rigs/clubs the only real way is to start your own lable, ive given up on sending demos out and pushing it,as it doesnt seem to get you anywhere .every major release is sown up by 10producers! (sorry guys haha) which has left me with a more relaxed atitude towards it all. just to take time and not worry about it all its just fun. but id like to see some new faces some new djs and more new lables
    and some new good music from new producers on the highly aclaimed acid techno stable.

Junior Freak

I'm LOVING all of the newer Acid/London tehcno labels. So much good new stuff, lots more variety. I'm glad the sound is not so dominated by the SUF crew/labels (still love their work but it's good to be able to contrast it with other producers/labels music)
    You were once a helpless infant that used to piss and shit on itself, as was I. We\'re all the same. Respect yourself.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass
    Well, I don`t think the dwindling market can support the influx of new labels.
    There is no quality control anymore, anyone with a bit of cash can make 300-500 records, and distributers will distribute it, because they don`t lose out whether it sells or not, it`s just extra readies to them.
    Especially now that the market has crashed, there are more labels where it`s someone who is happy to just release 300 badly pressed whatever of their own stuff.
    I`m not knocking anyone starting a new label, but really, send out some demo`s to other labels, if nobody bites, then it`s possible that your shit isn`t good enough. Think about that. Not everyone can make good music.
    I understand that some people might just be sooo out there and ahead of their game, that they are making next level shit, that is just not understood, and so, it needs it`s own label. but for the most part, it`s just more bangin 909 based techno.
    Loads of kids these days, send out one demo, get no interest, and think "bah, they just don`t understand, I`ll start my own label"

So it`s a tough argument really.

It`s especially annoying to see established names bringing out new sub labels, and just releasing the same shit.
    I mean, there is nothing wrong with having a few labels, but at least have them noticably different.
    Some sub labels are releasing music of a sub sub sub sub compartamentalised genre of a sub genre.
    Like "well our first label is techno, but our sub label is funky techno, and our new sub sub label is funky, jacking, punky techno"
    I mean c`mon, what is the ultimate extrapolation of this scenario.

A label for kick drums
    one for high hats
    one for bass lines.

true.

Junior Freak

hahahahaha.

on august 25th, you said....

Yea. I remember the label, more so for the Stella style logo than anything else though. The tracks were a little weak IMO.
    but on november 12th, you said....

Ah! So its either Andrew or Jodie you know then. Shame Sidewalk Theory went under. I liked the style of the releases
    either you like contradicting yourself, or you change you mind pretty quick. :lol:

anyway, i couldnt disagree with dirtybass more (as usual :lol: ). if you are an acid producer, i would advise you not to even bother sending sending out demo tapes to labels. the economics of releasing small runs of hard techno is so brutal, and the return so small, that unless you are well known name, nobody will take the risk of releasing one of your tunes.

as others have said, if you are an unknown, the only way to get your music out there is to press it up yourself. the sidewalk theory boys were doing amazing tunes for years, and sending off demos left, right and centre. they got the message after being pissed around for ages, and got the money together to make their own releases. needless to say, they sold like hotcakes, despite being very poor quality presses.

the big pork pie

Sorry Mr Munter... :lol:

What I ment was I liked the style of the Sidewalk Theory releases, but the sound quality & pressings were very weak.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123