Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Tony
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal Error Records
    within legal terms,

Distro's sell wholesale to shops. Shops sell retail to Consumers.

There is more paperwork/tax stuff to do with retail.

A distro can theoretically get by with a few dozen clients while a shop would need hundreds, if not thousands or clients.

Many consumers arent even aware of many distro's existence.

Just industry talk.
    theres no more paperwork in it, except vat which some shops sort out anyway, and i do see massive benefit selling to individuals. especially, and exactly becuase, when the market is so flooded with similair sounding releases, shops might only take single copies of each title and never restock on a majority.

speaking as a distributor, if some shops dont want to deal with you, in a reaction to a glut of similairity from techno in the market place and dwindling interest from the general public, but other individuals will place several hundred pound orders, and the mark up on individual sales is better for me AND cheaper for the customer, it can only work well.

KNOW YOUR DISTRIBUTORS KIDS ;) :lol: LOL
    :clap:

now send me your distro requirements!
    Internal Error Records -
    IER-004 Woody Mcbride with Adam Jay and Dj Shiva

BOA Lifetime Member

Well, the CD magazine I have planned is underway now, I`m looking for more labels who want their releases to go onto the magazine.
    The electronic magazine will contain a monthly release section, each release having audio clips, and direct hotlinks to the labels website and a online seller.
    So far it`s looking like we have an initial run of between 5 and 10 000 for issue one, we are still sorting out advertising, and other features.
    The main thing is we need more labels interested in going onto the product (which will be free, at record shops, nightclubs, clothes shops etc), we will have a tight A&R for what goes onto the release section, so people will hopefully know that all the releases promoted on the magazine are of the highest quality.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass
    Well, the CD magazine I have planned is underway now, I`m looking for more labels who want their releases to go onto the magazine.
    The electronic magazine will contain a monthly release section, each release having audio clips, and direct hotlinks to the labels website and a online seller.
    So far it`s looking like we have an initial run of between 5 and 10 000 for issue one, we are still sorting out advertising, and other features.
    The main thing is we need more labels interested in going onto the product (which will be free, at record shops, nightclubs, clothes shops etc), we will have a tight A&R for what goes onto the release section, so people will hopefully know that all the releases promoted on the magazine are of the highest quality.
    Nice!

Can you arrange a press text release?
    so we can send it through different mailinglists.
    you need something to reach as many labels as possible.

When do you have time to write something down?
    OUT NOW:
    - Orlando Voorn & Juan Atkins "Game One (Ritzi Lee remix)" on Nightvision.
    - Cybernetics EP on Labrynth (Beatport release)

OUT SOON:
    - Black Noiz on Labrynth (vinyl release)

Supreme Freak

2 Mark EG:
    There are already like 5000 members on this board.
    Is it possible to do a one time mailing for this project?
    OUT NOW:

OUT SOON:

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by crbn
    Another thing regarding the quality of the music thats out there, but probably not on topic >>

I'm always impressed by how supportive DnB heads are of new producers. Check out Dogs On Acids production boards, Spinwarp or google for DnB Production:

http://www.dogsonacid.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4
    http://www.spinwarp.com/

There are discussions on arrangement, sound design and so on. Maybe it's because its a more popular style (??) but there's also more of a desire to help each other out and forward the scene as a whole. Every techno board out there has its own Production forum, but as a whole they're not up to the same standard.

So true, i have come to the same conclusion. This must be a techno-related problem, not related to countries. You could ask just about anything related to production on the german techno board I'm on and the first thing you'll hear is: There's no formula, find out yourself and so on... Obviously, if you are determined to create techno music, you will, but where's the problem in helping others? Does one have to go through such mental pain at times in order to be a tech-producer???

Sure as hell, you will never find any 'real' help on arrangement (say a techno-tool broken up into its parts etc. , on a techno board, this is somewhat strange, i find, compared to the amount of tutorials on d'n'b/trance/hip-hop and so on.

I suppose lots of tech-producers fear to give 'real' advice, because the people they're giving that advice could progress to fast, becoming some kind of 'enemy' shortly after.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ritzi Lee
    2 Mark EG:
    There are already like 5000 members on this board.
    Is it possible to do a one time mailing for this project?
    of course. just let me know when you need it :)

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by GothamGrooves.com
    Another problem that I have discussed with my friends is that techno has no image! .
    i was just saying the other day that techno needed a good injection of punk rock...

most djs bore me because watching some guy calmly staring at the turntables is...well...boring.

i wanna see mofos going off, shaking their asses, throwing shit...whatever...i do enjoy a little bit of performance, i admit.

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by djshiva
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamGrooves.com
    Another problem that I have discussed with my friends is that techno has no image! .
    i was just saying the other day that techno needed a good injection of punk rock...

most djs bore me because watching some guy calmly staring at the turntables is...well...boring.

i wanna see mofos going off, shaking their asses, throwing shit...whatever...i do enjoy a little bit of performance, i admit.
    true aswell, but that probably, won't change. i suppose if i'd spin at events i would be carried away and at least look at the audience, which a lot of djs just don't seem to manage.

Supreme Freak

Default Re: why are distributions keep going broke?

Quote Originally Posted by Ritzi Lee
    Just when I think we had the worst,
    the hurting keeps going on.
    Now i'm hearing bad news from the German sellers that it's a matter of time before some distributions are going down again.
    Didn't wanted to tell wich distribution it was, because it was speculation.
    But now it's official.

Message from Technique label owner Paul:

since this week CPL Distribution has stopped it's business.
    This means that at this moment the labels Technique, Work Hard Play Hard and Electronique are without distribution.
    Fortunately I went to Germany last wednesday and was able to get my stock from CPL before the curator was there, so this saved me a lot of money.
    However they've sold quite some copies of the 'TASTE' CD and also already a couple of hundred copies of the new Technique release for which I'll probably never see a penny.

-----
    So it was indeed a matter of time,
    but really a bad timing.
    OUT NOW:

OUT SOON:

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011