Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Supreme Freak

[quote="Internal Error Records"]
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty_bass
    risked arrest,
    youve never been arrested for techno? aweeeee... once you get arrested come back to the conversation.

Yeah you can get arrested if you run a free party, as you are breaking the law under the criminal justice act! Dont slag him just cos he makes a good point

Junior Freak

Default Re: change with the times

Quote Originally Posted by fresh_an_funky_design
    dont get me wrong I LOVE VINYL, but technology will always progress, and for those who arn't willing to progress and change with the times will get left behind.

For example as much as we all hate mp3's i've just sorted out mp3 distribution for my label through trackitdown.net. Bear in mind there are no set up costs, and if someone buys all four tunes of a release i still get the same amount that i would of my distributor.

If techno is too survive we cant live in the past, we've got too move forward and embrace new technologies.
    a good design is a good design is a good design.

Trains, PLanes, Boats, LIGHBULBS, are hundreds of years old.

Quit preaching. This is a thread for people concerned with continuing with VINYL.
    Internal Error Records -
    IER-004 Woody Mcbride with Adam Jay and Dj Shiva

Ultimate Freak

haha, vinyl has a smaller frequency range than CD. Bad stereo imaging and the list goes on, it is in no way "better" on a 5k rig in comparison.
    My live PA is generated digitally, and the audio quality is always so much fuller and clearer in comparison to the DJ`s I have just followed.

RAW dj skill is in the mixing and eqing.
    The actual beatmatching isn`t a skill, it`s a mechanical process that gets in the way of making a good mix.
    Personally if I could have a tune instantly qued up and beatmatched with some magic piece of kit, I would buy it straight away, because I know and accept it would give me more time to do the important and skillful and artistic part of DJing, ie, the eqing, sorting the mix point, tricks etc.

Anyone and their gran can beatmatch, and a good DJ it does not make.
    hahaha sorry man but i thought keeping the records beat matched and having ability to manipulate in a unique style was all about beeing a good jock,ballance delicatsy,timeing,mabey 1 day i show ya! your way mate is just god dam lazy. call me old fashioned but i will stick with my own method for now ,the 1 thats took me the best part of 10 years to develope. take away decks djaying will be crap. :roll:

Junior Freak

the issue here is the complainers are not vinyl label owners. they have no COMMITMENT to VINYL therefore they are free to talk negative.

you guys dont seem to relize that you are just muddying a good thread. not helping out at all.
    Internal Error Records -

BOA Lifetime Member

youve never been arrested for techno? aweeeee... once you get arrested come back to the conversation
    I got cuffed a few times, but I was lucky and allways managed to talk things around.
    Never lost my kit, cos I wasn`t stupid.
    Stared down the barrels of a few guns in my life
    once you get arrested for techno, do loose 5 grand in sound gear, do have a few guns pointed at you, and then invest 5 grand more into a VINYL record label, than maybe you will be qualified to participate.
    Have a record label, and realise that things need to change.

This is a thread for people concerned with continuing with VINYL.
    No this is a thread for the continuation of techno as a business.

It makes me laugh really, we like to think in techno we are at the cutting edge, and it just sooo isn`t so.
    the psychadelic scene has embraced CD and they are doing fine.

way mate is just god dam lazy
    no it isn`t at all. It`s using technology to allow me to do a better job.
    Anyone can learn how to beatmatch, I have taught so may people. It just takes repetition.
    BUT not everyone can be a good DJ, because the aspect of good DJing, is the blending technique, knowing when to mix, good tricks, good eq, reading the crowd, blah blah.
    Beatmatching is just that. Beatmatching.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Internal Error Records
    risked arrest,
    youve never been arrested for techno? aweeeee... once you get arrested come back to the conversation.

dood. just let it go. you are coming in swing shit to people who love vinyl. vinyl is dead preaching is unwanted. you qualify as a flame starter for no reason other than to hear yourself.

once you get arrested for techno, do loose 5 grand in sound gear, do have a few guns pointed at you, and then invest 5 grand more into a VINYL record label, than maybe you will be qualified to participate.
    hewr hear man! well said. has every 1 forgotten wot happend to lawri emersions rig in amsterdam i think it was when the police actully smashed it to bits , well just look how lawri come out of it , ummm curve pressings mutiple outstanding releases, more to come, the guys a legend ,still i dont hear him complaining just getting on with the job in true emersion style.

Ultimate Freak

forgot to put this before guys but will now, i think the vynyl is an instrument for a dj, a cd is for comersial use full stop.

BOA Lifetime Member

this topic is getting too silly to really warrant a serious reply but here goes

its EACH TO THEIR OWN! as a dj i love vinyl, and will use it for as long as it is possible, i hate the thought or idea of using just CD's alone to dj, its not djing to me and looks and feels completely alien and its not something im willing to embrace or promote, apart from the obvious Cd deck alongside technics for playing new productions etc, this to me is embracing current technologies and also a good way to stick to your beliefs and loves i.e vinyl djing.... as for beatmatching, of course anyone can do it, but there are levels to beatmatching and i know alot of top jocks who still struggle with it and of course it makes a good dj, u go see a top jock whose dropping beats everywhere and believe u me they wont worried about effects, they'l b more worried about their rep after such sloppy playing

lets not get heated with this one people
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

BOA Newbie

I think that Vinyl will always survive because Vinyl is a Professional Instruments for DEEJAY.

Cd is commercial.

I think that is better to view one dj mixing with vinyl, feeling the power sensation touching vinyl disc..Cd is owned by a machine and is a cold sensation..

vinyl sound is more "hot"

I know that cd is more cheaper to stamp but Everyone one that is a professional dj prefer vinyl than cd.
    This time analogic is better than digital ehehehehhe

;)

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by eyes without a face
    this topic is getting too silly to really warrant a serious reply but here goes

its EACH TO THEIR OWN! as a dj i love vinyl, and will use it for as long as it is possible, i hate the thought or idea of using just CD's alone to dj, its not djing to me and looks and feels completely alien and its not something im willing to embrace or promote, apart from the obvious Cd deck alongside technics for playing new productions etc, this to me is embracing current technologies and also a good way to stick to your beliefs and loves i.e vinyl djing.... as for beatmatching, of course anyone can do it, but there are levels to beatmatching and i know alot of top jocks who still struggle with it and of course it makes a good dj, u go see a top jock whose dropping beats everywhere and believe u me they wont worried about effects, they'l b more worried about their rep after such sloppy playing

:lol: thats the spirit scot. well said lad. :clap:

lets not get heated with this one people

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Mauro Alpha
    I think that Vinyl will always survive because Vinyl is a Professional Instruments for DEEJAY.

Cd is commercial.

I think that is better to view one dj mixing with vinyl, feeling the power sensation touching vinyl disc..Cd is owned by a machine and is a cold sensation..

vinyl sound is more "hot"

I know that cd is more cheaper to stamp but Everyone one that is a professional dj prefer vinyl than cd.
    This time analogic is better than digital ehehehehhe

owww! this topic is getting hot. well put mazza! :clap:
    ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

Well the point I`m making is that, there needs to be an embracing of new technologies.
    I`m making suggestions and looking at the future and not trying to piss on everyones chips.
    But people here are already moaning like old women about vinyl living forever.
    Embrace change or fall behind, simple.
    I have a vast vinyl collection, and I`ve DJ`d for around 10 years.
    So I love vinyl, and also look for things that will allow me to do a job better and more efficiently.
    But at the same time, I`ve fully investigated the new, rotating platter Cd players, by technics and numark, rather than just commenting on heresay, with my fingers in my ears.
    They are damn good. Try em.
    You will see that this is the future, and the technology will keep getting better.
    Meanwhile vinyl sales will keep falling, and will get to the point where there is no infrastructure to support it.
    Don`t stick your head in the sand, but rather pre-empt and prepare for the coming change, so that it happens without it affecting you.
    I don`t want to see anyone losing out because of the way things are going.
    But also, I wish people would wake up and smell the coffee cos it`s pretty damn strong now.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

BOA Lifetime Member

thats the diff here, i get ur points and they are definately valid, but to say vinyl needs to die is offensive to alot of people mate...

i see the pro's and con's of both arguments, thats whats important here
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

Junior Freak

Don't you think that vinyl had survived a long way? there was many mediums where music could be recorded but vinyl was the source who dominated DJs.

Why the hell RNB record labels still release Vinyl alongside CDs? Because cds are to listen them for home, or in car, but a DJ to play want something to touch by his hand, as Mauro Alpha said its something hot.

Any record label out there, try to release CDs and check your sales. Ok someone mention that we are communicating by Internet now not by smoking... then born the net labels, but jesus christ, how many artists play tracks from net labels? ok who have final scratch...and how many?

Alpha mentioned also the analagoue and digital thing, we master our records on analogue equipment? bette sound isn't it?

So... regard developing and modernisation... so in Malta we have crab as part of the traditional food, so we now start eating humbergers? to be modern...

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by djsirround
    Alpha mentioned also the analagoue and digital thing, WHY we master our records on analogue equipment? bette sound isn't it?

Ultimate Freak

youve never been arrested for techno? aweeeee... once you get arrested come back to the conversation
    I got cuffed a few times, but I was lucky and allways managed to talk things around.
    Never lost my kit, cos I wasn`t stupid.
    Stared down the barrels of a few guns in my life
    Have a record label, and realise that things need to change.

This is a thread for people concerned with continuing with VINYL.
    No this is a thread for the continuation of techno as a business.

It makes me laugh really, we like to think in techno we are at the cutting edge, and it just sooo isn`t so.
    the psychadelic scene has embraced CD and they are doing fine.

way mate is just god dam lazy
    no it isn`t at all. It`s using technology to allow me to do a better job.
    Anyone can learn how to beatmatch, I have taught so may people. It just takes repetition.
    BUT not everyone can be a good DJ, because the aspect of good DJing, is the blending technique, knowing when to mix, good tricks, good eq, reading the crowd, blah blah.
    Beatmatching is just that. Beatmatching.
    does this mean that we will be recieving the next dirty bass releases on cd ? a dam shame if this is the case, your a good producer i think you should calm down a bit, im sorry to say but if labels start relesing on cds and stopping there vynyl i will not for 1 be playing them. i may aswell make my own take my computer to a venue skin up sit on me arse and oh click my mouse button now again. if you say scrap vynyl then why are you still releasing on vynyl, why dont you be the 1 to make the first move then. ?

BOA Lifetime Member

Who knows what I am up to?
    I`m certainly looking into new methods and means of everything.
    Will DirtyBass go entirely CD yet?
    No, as the infrastructure isn`t there yet, but as soon as it is, then yes it will, of course.
    I really do wish it was on Cd because I hate the fact that when you make music, you have to struggle with the vinyl engineer to get the cut sounding vaguely close to the sound you made.
    Vinyl has survived for so long, because there simply wasn`t anything to replace it that you could manipulate effectively. there is now, and in another year, the technology will leap again, and we will have really good analogue/digital interfaces for manipulating digital audio.
    Hopefully the cost will also come down.

This is all by the by though. The slow death of vinyl is only part of the process of the change of music as a business. The nature of how music is listened to and transported is changing so radically now.
    One of the major downfalls of the dowload/ipod age is the death of the album, and this is really scaring major artists.
    Because rather than parting with the cash for the whole album, people are just downloading the tracks they want. Unfortunately some albums are a work of art meant to be played from start to finish.
    But this is all happening, and it is change we must embrace. The kids of today all walk around with tunes on their ipods and mobiles, and that is just how it is.
    I`m an old ****er and I find change difficult, but I am also into techno both musically and philosophically and it has allways been about the "new" and the future.

John, your shunning of technology is a bit odd (I bet you use effects though right?), you seem to think that unless you are touching vinyl every 5 seconds then you are lazy?
    If beatmatching is all you do when you play records it must be very boring.
    Auto beatmatching means you can do MORE not less, becuase you have more time to play around and concentrate on the mixing rather than the beat-matching.

This is actually making me chuckle now, cos people are taking htis personally, and just defending old methods, rather than suggesting new methods.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.

Junior Freak

This is actually making me chuckle now, cos people are taking htis personally, and just defending old methods, rather than suggesting new methods.
    its a shame you had to wrap up a good line of thinking with another sharp stab at offending people

people are offended because of how your said things.

its too bad. you were bordering on a good point. then had to throw in the chuckle line.
    Internal Error Records -

Ultimate Freak

the future.

John, your shunning of technology is a bit odd (I bet you use effects though right?), you seem to think that unless you are touching vinyl every 5 seconds then you are lazy?
    Auto beatmatching means you can do MORE not less, becuase you have more time to play around and concentrate on the mixing rather than the beat-matching.

shunning technology no mate, there is playing live and djaying. if you would of read my genuine ideas properly in a post a few page back you will see i quite clearly stated, vynyl needs a shake up not death, so i see your question to me as invalid . as for wot do i do when i perform , i put every single ounce of energy in body into the performance ,make tracks chase each other, tricks, and if using effects them to in a artfull way, not a maniac way. i was down london this year in hakney , i think it went down well considering i had a lot of people into wot i was playing and the way i played it,. in anycase im not gunna stand ere and bitch about how i play my techno, im here because im deffending somthing i love, mabey the time will come man when vynyl dies, but there is no need to force it.
    for as long as ther is people about who beleive in vynyl it will servive, but only as a dj instrument. ;)

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by jon connor
    the future.

shunning technology no mate, there is playing live and djaying. if you would of read my genuine ideas properly in a post a few page back you will see i quite clearly stated, vynyl needs a shake up not death, so i see your question to me as invalid . as for wot do i do when i perform , i put every single ounce of energy in body into the performance ,make tracks chase each other, tricks, and if using effects them to in a artfull way, not a maniac way. i was down london this year in hakney , i think it went down well considering i had a lot of people into wot i was playing and the way i played it,. in anycase im not gunna stand ere and bitch about how i play my techno, im here because im deffending somthing i love, mabey the time will come man when vynyl dies, but there is no need to force it.
    for as long as ther is people about who beleive in vynyl it will servive, but only as a dj instrument. ;)
    hear is a reminder of my origanal comment and one i beleive will satisfy vynyl lovers. :lol:

i think we all may as well start practising our live sets, to perfofm that way ? or is there a chance for vynyl and distribution to servive, well i think there is and im confident, wot distributers and every 1 in the vynyl indusrtry needs to look at is, a new market approach, mabey the vynyl its self ,jaz it up a bit, develope new vynyl, witch can hold more tracks without sound reduction etc, the vynyl its self, i no we have picture discs etc we have had for years, but anyone will tell ya the sound quality is normaly crap, also expensive to stamp,or mabey find a new material witch can hold diffrent file formats and still be played like a vynyl will speicial needles developed etc, as for the distribution you wont be able to stop online shopping,. also another big blow to small record shops was hmv and virgin , they also have had a big inpact on the destruction of small outlets.but its this day and age doods like all small shops grocerys etc ,they are all taken out by the big wallmarts and superstores.

personaly i dont want to see vynyl go under, we are all righting it off to quick, manufactures need to modernise the vynyl,i dont mean cd mixing ill scream if someone says that i regard that as swearing. no wot i want is to see a development in the vynyl itsself, if we start here it might be a good start. lets just look at it, people just want more for there money these days. playing decks is not just playing music its an artform when perfected,. digital generation is well and truly here even the multy million pound record industries are feeling it to,its not just the underground. well any way thats my point of view personaly i think the vynyl industry is due for a shake up, development is needed, but again that begs the question who is willing to pay for it, if i won the lottery i certainly would be launching a load of cash in to the development, but we can only dream !

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast