Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    Supreme Freak

Default Eric Prydz (bis)

Actually, all that ive said about Eric Prydz was wrong. This has aobivously great talent, and without such music, Mistry of sound couldnt have provided us this excellent video-clip to support the song.

Here are some "selected" piucs of what should win the next cannes festival.

Junior Freak

What can you say, he made some good money with this... Some of his other productions are pretty good though!
    John Wayne was a nazi

Supreme Freak

Am glad you´ve seen the light tioneb

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by schlongfingers
    Am glad you´ve seen the light tioneb
    you call taht light ??? ;o)

Junior Freak

Ok great the chicks are hot. Can you even call that a music video? It's a total joke - ppl doing exercize wtf?!
    Gotham Grooves-Terminal M-Advanced UK
    www.gothamgrooves.com
    www.gothamgrooves.com/forums

Junior Freak

My guess is that the song (can you even call it a song? it's a three minute chorus with filters and breakdowns!) wouldn't be half as succesful if it weren't for the video... Sex sells and so did this... But dammit if I don't like seeing the video more than all those hip-pop/r'n'b videos that all follow the same exact pattern of cash, chains, cars and ass... As Agent Orange said, it's a joke, but at least it's a JOKE! Most music videos nowadays have absolutely no sense of humor... If only there were more videos like the ones Aphex Twin used to do... :cry:
    John Wayne was a nazi

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by scienceofuse
    My guess is that the song (can you even call it a song? it's a three minute chorus with filters and breakdowns!) wouldn't be half as succesful if it weren't for the video... Sex sells and so did this... But dammit if I don't like seeing the video more than all those hip-pop/r'n'b videos that all follow the same exact pattern of cash, chains, cars and ass... As Agent Orange said, it's a joke, but at least it's a JOKE! Most music videos nowadays have absolutely no sense of humor... If only there were more videos like the ones Aphex Twin used to do... :cry:
    joke or not, I like to watch videos by Chingy, Ludacris, Nelly etc.. I mean.. the colours are so bright and all.. :lol: specially in those x-rated videos played on mtv base after midnight..

btw The Roots have one video in which they're joking about typical hiphop videos.. can't remember the song name right now

considering Prydz..after Call on me, there is Miracle that follows the same formula, heh..
    Jacbri @ Proton Radio - every 3rd Thursday at 12:00 AM EST / 05:00 GMT
    X-Music @ Techno.FM - every 1st Tuesday at 12:00 PM EST / 18:00 GMT

Ultimate Freak

anybody know of other stuff Erik Prydz has done, besides call on me, and the new mouseville? the new mousevill record (both sides) really shows he's a wicked producer...i'd like to hear what else he can make

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by anx
    anybody know of other stuff Erik Prydz has done, besides call on me, and the new mouseville? the new mousevill record (both sides) really shows he's a wicked producer...i'd like to hear what else he can make
    Check it...http://www.discogs.com/artist/Eric+Prydz

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by koma
    considering Prydz..after Call on me, there is Miracle that follows the same formula, heh..
    Hmph, haven't seen/heard that 'un yet! By that you mean the music or the video?

P.S.: I ja volim velike guzice ;)
    John Wayne was a nazi

Supreme Freak

own two releases by him, the Holtzplatten with Marcus Stork (really nice tracks, the story tells that they could have been signed on Goodlife) and Cirez D on Truesoul (this record is amazing !)

Junior Freak

personally, I think that track was crap. too going nowheres, the only thing going for it was that vocal sample. also it reminded me too much ofthe 'i've got so much love to give' track by thoas bangalter and dj falcon, which I also thouhgt was waaaay better.

but his other productions are pretty tight no doubt. hes definatly a good producer. this'll get him some fine gigs too.

BOA Mod

Quote Originally Posted by scienceofuse
    Hmph, haven't seen/heard that 'un yet! By that you mean the music or the video?
    music.. he sampled a song from 80tees again.. but I dont believe he's done a video for it, at least so far I havent see anything..

[/quote]P.S.: I ja volim velike guzice ;) [/quote]

nema guze do rnb guze :love:
    (no booty like rnb booty :lol:)
    Jacbri @ Proton Radio - every 3rd Thursday at 12:00 AM EST / 05:00 GMT
    X-Music @ Techno.FM - every 1st Tuesday at 12:00 PM EST / 18:00 GMT

Junior Freak

I agree! :lol:

Tioneb: His Cirez D moniker is pretty good - the one record on Truesoul is truly excellent and Mouseville 001 is a dancefloor monster... His productions (particularly the massive mastering!) show he knows a thing or two about dance music and the way it should sound in a club...
    John Wayne was a nazi

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by new
    personally, I think that track was crap. too going nowheres, the only thing going for it was that vocal sample. also it reminded me too much ofthe 'i've got so much love to give' track by thoas bangalter and dj falcon, which I also thouhgt was waaaay better.

but his other productions are pretty tight no doubt. hes definatly a good producer. this'll get him some fine gigs too.
    oh actually this track has been originally produced by Bangalter & Dj Falcon, and the Eric Prydz version was just a remix. But Together (the Roule subdivision owned by Banglater & falcon) couldnt afford the 80s sample to issue massively the track. So only a few white labels stayed.

Prydz & his label (Ministry of Sound) had the money, so they purchased the sample and shamelessly issued track not as aremix, but as an original one.... And i dont think the Frenchies whill get one penny for that.

Ultimate Freak

his remix of alter ego's rocker is really good

i wonder what his sets are like?

Supreme Freak

The freebie that was on the cover of mixmag a few months ago is actually pretty good, and it doesent have THAT track on it either! If it is a true representation of one of his club sets, then I'd say he's not to shabby - I'd more than gladly dance to it.

Junior Freak

he seems to get remix duties for loadsa house trks that come thru. Very mainstream funky sound but production and ideas are often solid IMO.
    Viva La Funky Shitttt!!!!

djmaya@xtra.co.nz

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by tioneb
    oh actually this track has been originally produced by Bangalter & Dj Falcon, and the Eric Prydz version was just a remix. But Together (the Roule subdivision owned by Banglater & falcon) couldnt afford the 80s sample to issue massively the track. So only a few white labels stayed.

Prydz & his label (Ministry of Sound) had the money, so they purchased the sample and shamelessly issued track not as aremix, but as an original one.... And i dont think the Frenchies whill get one penny for that.
    Here's the actual facts I think - http://www.raw42.com/cgi-bin/yabb/Ya...num=1097178497