Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Junior Freak

Default Re: What is Schranz?

Quote Originally Posted by speed-it-up
    Pardon my ignorance, but I keep reading people refering to it on this board, but have no idea what it is.

What labels/djs are knocking it out?

Seems to me that the pidgeon holing of genres is getting out of control...
    In a nut shell imo... Its hard, fast distorted minmal techno, and I will admitt along side a crazy set it can be a great tool. However I don't fancy a whole set of it... names to chekc out DJ Amok, OBI, Tomash Gee, Arkus P, Chris Noise, Chris Hi Hat, Skarabex.. That should be good for now
    Sven: Hahaha You minimalist fockers! Where is the BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM?

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by jon connor
    yea fusion im even cofussed now after reading about leibing etc maddness! anyway the labels you mention are all good, but like henry is saying in his post there are limited ideas and every 1 like i said in another post seems to be steeling off each other. but hey i am a kean supporter of this music as you well no, i just feel its still in development and needs to grow, you have to fish through the crap to get the good stuff! ;) but still the good stuff keeps ya grinding ya teeth all day long> love it man. ;)
    thing is I dont get that stealing off each other limited ideas stuff as all the "schranz" combat skill, artilery etc stuff I have ever bought is spot on original 100% no ripping fresh sounding techno,,,,,,, from my point of view its a relief from all the limited sounding bastard son of acid techno and boring exagerated loop shit that has filled my record box for the last year or so, so its all good, Im even aware that because its big in europe there is a load of shite "I wanna be amok" stuff circulating but to be fair Ive never heard none of it (maybe im lucky),,,,,,,,,,, dont mean to offend anyone with this post its just at the minute my definition of schranz is keeping me from constant slayer and operation ivy and i really belive its giving the techno sceane a whole new face and a much needed kick up the arse, its bringing the gabba and speedcore heads in and the increase in intensity is just what alot of people needed IMO
    **** you you ****

Ultimate Freak

to be fair though i rekon that post sounded like im slagging off every other type of techno, didnt mean it like that, the schranz is for the last 3 or 4 (or half ;) ) of the set, the point i was trying to make is its a different dimension to add to my glitch, hydraulix, bound, LK rec stylee and i rekon that its just a relief to have more weapons at my disposal, really cant see any bad points about it at all IMO
    **** you you ****

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by FUSION
    yea fusion im even cofussed now after reading about leibing etc maddness! anyway the labels you mention are all good, but like henry is saying in his post there are limited ideas and every 1 like i said in another post seems to be steeling off each other. but hey i am a kean supporter of this music as you well no, i just feel its still in development and needs to grow, you have to fish through the crap to get the good stuff! ;) but still the good stuff keeps ya grinding ya teeth all day long> love it man. ;)
    thing is I dont get that stealing off each other limited ideas stuff as all the "schranz" combat skill, artilery etc stuff I have ever bought is spot on original 100% no ripping fresh sounding techno,,,,,,, from my point of view its a relief from all the limited sounding bastard son of acid techno and boring exagerated loop shit that has filled my record box for the last year or so, so its all good, Im even aware that because its big in europe there is a load of shite "I wanna be amok" stuff circulating but to be fair Ive never heard none of it (maybe im lucky),,,,,,,,,,, dont mean to offend anyone with this post its just at the minute my definition of schranz is keeping me from constant slayer and operation ivy and i really belive its giving the techno sceane a whole new face and a much needed kick up the arse, its bringing the gabba and speedcore heads in and the increase in intensity is just what alot of people needed IMO
    easy now fusion i no exactly where you coming from i was a North resident for 4 years + yes wen i first started dropping these tracks the gabba heads hardcore techno lot loved it ,no 1 new wot the hell i was playing, in the end even the trance djs were trainspotting my stuff, so yes we on the same level there dude!

however there is a lot of ripping going on mabey not so much on the labels you talk of but a lot, i dont wanna mention artists who doing it because most of them have sent me demos, ive about 85 demo cds here for supertech from all over the world by artists you have named even, you will be suprised ;) + you will also be suprised at how many have the same loops in from big boys + upcoming lads. anyway its moving forward and im doing it with my label in this country, is the whole reason i started it.
    it is the new age techno whether people like it or not but yet still early days, like i said there is a lot more to come and these artist will develope even further.

does any 1 no wot schranz means in english or is it just a made up german word ?

BOA Lifetime Member

easy now fusion i no exactly where you coming from i was a North resident for 4 years + yes wen i first started dropping these tracks the gabba heads hardcore techno lot loved it ,no 1 new wot the hell i was playing, in the end even the trance djs were trainspotting my stuff, so yes we on the same level there dude!

however there is a lot of ripping going on mabey not so much on the labels you talk of but a lot, i dont wanna mention artists who doing it because most of them have sent me demos, ive about 85 demo cds here for supertech from all over the world by artists you have named even, you will be suprised ;) + you will also be suprised at how many have the same loops in from big boys + upcoming lads. anyway its moving forward and im doing it with my label in this country, is the whole reason i started it.
    it is the new age techno whether people like it or not but yet still early days, like i said there is a lot more to come and these artist will develope even further.

does any 1 no wot schranz means in english or is it just a made up german word ?
    totally made up word.......i asked my german mate in manchester not so long ago what it meant and he said the word doesnt even exist.
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

BOA Mod

i read somewhere its "schrei + tanz = schranz"
    tanz is dance, schrei.. I forgot :lol:
    Jacbri @ Proton Radio - every 3rd Thursday at 12:00 AM EST / 05:00 GMT
    X-Music @ Techno.FM - every 1st Tuesday at 12:00 PM EST / 18:00 GMT

BOA Mod

wasent gunna say nowt about that frank but yea! you hit the nail on the head there, that really pissed me off + coming from skull to ,they are hit + miss like most stuff but that surly was a blatent 1 straight in ya face that just gives out a message of im only putting this track out with a diffrent sample because i cant be assed to create somthing new, he deserves a good old techno spanking for that. ;) guy mcaffer does it to in this country same loop diffrent sequence wen is that guy gunna change that set of percussion on r.a.w nothing against the lad but its becoming a bit weathered + boring now. anyway back to this thread that fuk you tune was great, but that piss off was just completly out of order , im totaly with ya on that 1 dood. ;)
    haha maybe someone found it too offensive, so instead of censoring it, they released the same song with another words.. it would be sad excuse, but u never know :lol:

heh, believe me, I've heard djs playing this record and then silencing the "f**k you" part..

on some other occasions I would come to me friend and instead of saying "cmon man, play that f**k you tune", I would just yell "ey, f**k u" :lol: :lol:

hmmm, lots of f**king in this post, sorry..
    Jacbri @ Proton Radio - every 3rd Thursday at 12:00 AM EST / 05:00 GMT
    X-Music @ Techno.FM - every 1st Tuesday at 12:00 PM EST / 18:00 GMT

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by koma
    wasent gunna say nowt about that frank but yea! you hit the nail on the head there, that really pissed me off + coming from skull to ,they are hit + miss like most stuff but that surly was a blatent 1 straight in ya face that just gives out a message of im only putting this track out with a diffrent sample because i cant be assed to create somthing new, he deserves a good old techno spanking for that. ;) guy mcaffer does it to in this country same loop diffrent sequence wen is that guy gunna change that set of percussion on r.a.w nothing against the lad but its becoming a bit weathered + boring now. anyway back to this thread that fuk you tune was great, but that piss off was just completly out of order , im totaly with ya on that 1 dood. ;)
    haha maybe someone found it too offensive, so instead of censoring it, they released the same song with another words.. it would be sad excuse, but u never know :lol:

heh, believe me, I've heard djs playing this record and then silencing the "f**k you" part..

on some other occasions I would come to me friend and instead of saying "cmon man, play that f**k you tune", I would just yell "ey, f**k u" :lol: :lol:

hmmm, lots of f**king in this post, sorry..
    yea man! its great the dance floor loves it especially the young lot, but the piss off thing was a bit silly he could of at least made a diffrent track to compensate it rather than just swop sample round as if no 1 would notice. ;)

Ultimate Freak

hahaha ****ing hell my last post sounded well aggressive, I know you know where im comin from jon was just board drunk and on one ;) didnt mean it to come out so full on :lol: ...... schranz in english I belive translates as "death from above" :lol:
    **** you you ****

Ultimate Freak

hahaha ****ing hell my last post sounded well aggressive, I know you know where im comin from jon was just board drunk and on one ;) didnt mean it to come out so full on :lol: ...... schranz in english I belive translates as "death from above" :lol:

no probs fusion hahahaha! ive done it me self on vodka! :lol:
    anyway we can all agree this music is going places like i said before its a good little pide piper to kids ,for getting into techno its all good dude. reel them in with some bangin filth wilst still dropping the norm hard techno tracks inbetween, ive done it my self + it works + is a positive strength in the techno scene at the minute. absoultly bloody marveless if you ask me ;)

BOA Lifetime Member

yeah its sound for them once the kids have got bored of hard house/hardstyle.
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Dogshit
    yea frank its good + bad ,im amazed at how many hard house djz have turned techno, + even the likes of judge jools with robert natus etc, its crazy stuff! only thing is wot they doing it for ? im curious ?

anyways this schranz stuff does attract more people to techno whitch is a good thing ,only i can see it attracts sum hungry money men to ,this causes problems for hard techno artists as a whole where as people are getting paid far to much for playing another mans music, more than whitch the artist who actually write the music are.
    its a funny situation .
    just got to live with it i suppose, i feel its a shame wen theres guys that have been trying to push there selves for years as a dedicated hard techno artist ,+ then all of a sudden a big fleet of of hard house djz + comersial djz cum alaong and basicaly cause caos . people get pissed off!
    you feel robbed sort of thing! ;)

Junior Freak

whether its a made up word or not, this style of music came along when i was looking for something fresh. at that time kay d smith, sven wittekind, robert natus, amok, boris s etc were giving us something new and ball breakingly hard. i like my techno banging, so i was well chuffed to be finding these records!! i cant have been the only one otherwise it just would have faded and died, but its still going strong, and the producers who know the score have developed the sound really well. like most forms of music which become popular, there will be low quality rip offs, but the producers who pioneered this sound are still making original music. i saw sven wittekind at locked recently, and he played a whole set of the stuff and it was ****ing great, it was like being at the techno version of a slayer gig!!! you cant please all the people all the time, theres far too much 'i like this techno' 'i like that techno'. the original thread was 'what is it?' not 'argue amongst amongst yourselves and get nowhere'.
    \"people who hate people, come together..\"
    \"no\"

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by eviled303
    whether its a made up word or not, this style of music came along when i was looking for something fresh. at that time kay d smith, sven wittekind, robert natus, amok, boris s etc were giving us something new and ball breakingly hard. i like my techno banging, so i was well chuffed to be finding these records!! i cant have been the only one otherwise it just would have faded and died, but its still going strong, and the producers who know the score have developed the sound really well. like most forms of music which become popular, there will be low quality rip offs, but the producers who pioneered this sound are still making original music. i saw sven wittekind at locked recently, and he played a whole set of the stuff and it was **** great, it was like being at the techno version of a slayer gig!!! you cant please all the people all the time, theres far too much 'i like this techno' 'i like that techno'. the original thread was 'what is it?' not 'argue amongst amongst yourselves and get nowhere'.
    yea man i totally agree with your comments as a fellow artist who supports this music, the thing is i love all styles of techno,i wouldent want to go to a club + listen to schranz all night,more of case where the promoters have thought out there line up in nice manner where you can build up to this stuff ,let the club work its way up sorta thing, ;)
    its easily to get board easliy if its playing all night, ;)

i dont think there is a case of arguing amonst our selves ,most of us love this music we just talking about a few high + lows , its fresh like you say so its boun to be a bit debateable dude!
    but as a whole WOT IS SCHRANZ ? disgusting hard techno that make`s you dance your ass off!, a new genere, a stepping stone in the right direction for techno ,absolutly cracking music!

BOA Lifetime Member

yea frank its good + bad ,im amazed at how many hard house djz have turned techno, + even the likes of judge jools with robert natus etc, its crazy stuff! only thing is wot they doing it for ? im curious ?

anyways this schranz stuff does attract more people to techno whitch is a good thing ,only i can see it attracts sum hungry money men to ,this causes problems for hard techno artists as a whole where as people are getting paid far to much for playing another mans music, more than whitch the artist who actually write the music are.
    its a funny situation .
    just got to live with it i suppose, i feel its a shame wen theres guys that have been trying to push there selves for years as a dedicated hard techno artist ,+ then all of a sudden a big fleet of of hard house djz + comersial djz cum alaong and basicaly cause caos . people get pissed off!

dude yoyr right about the was schraz pulls ppl , its pulld me from the hardcore techno/speedcore etc scene and now i dont even play the stuff , it show hard it can get still for me but some stuff does sound boreing ..

if i dont make sence its coz im ****ed ontrips :!:

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by nick_anarchy

its a funny situation .

dude yoyr right about the was schraz pulls ppl , its pulld me from the hardcore techno/speedcore etc scene and now i dont even play the stuff , it show hard it can get still for me but some stuff does sound boreing ..

if i dont make sence its coz im **** ontrips :!:
    :lol: savage nick! hahahahahaha!!! :mashed:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234