Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
    BOA Newbie

Default Is my Alesis Monitor 1 to bright or is it just me?

Upon reading many forums (particulary this one) and seeing that many records have been released made with the alesis monitor ones, I decided to buy a pair of them.

I was really a big difference after my home hifi speakers. But after a few months the high frequencies started to annoy me. It was okay on low level listening, but when i crancked it up, the highs were cutting my ears. Now I'm using some corrective EQ (10-16khz -3dB rolloff). Is this okay to do, os should I use it uncorrected?

Now I'm thinking on getting the B&W DM602 S3 or the Monitor Audio S2 for monitoring which should be better. I can't spend more than 500eu on speakers, so don't recommend me any mackies or genelecs. :)
    -----------------------------
    web: http://faktorx.port5.com
    -----------------------------

BOA Lifetime Member

Well i reckon once you get used to their sound you will know whether to eq the top or not .
    Personally my mackies seem really bright but when i have adjusted this with eq mixed down and then played the mix back on hi fi speakers the mix sounds dull and flat.
    I have got used to this now and expect them to sound very bright and mixdown with this in mind.
    STAR WARS IS ALMOST AS CRAP AS TOLKIEN