Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    BOA Newbie

Pass me my coat on the way out, cheers

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by gumpy green
    why the fuk do techno djs dont look at hiphop/turntablists to enhance thers???
    You obviously don't listen to that much techno then mate, have a listen to the space djs for a start.

You can spot these dodgy HH producers a mile off. HH is created soley for the dancefloor and producers are influenced by things as diverse as the vacuum cleaner, to try to take this mentality over to the techno scene is wrong. Techno artists are obviously influenced by a far wider range of music and it shows in the quality of productions. For a HH producer/DJ to try to pass himself off as having any credibilty within the techno scene, they're going to have to do a bit of research. You can't just turn up with a bag of pounders and expect the crowd to go wild at a techno night, there has to be some thought behind it. The fact that techno tunes are so well produced compared to your average tidy realease means they stand out a mile in a HH club so they are obviously going to get a better reaction.

The crowds at techno clubs are usually far more clued up about the music and that is the reason they go to the night. This creates a special atmosphere in the club that I think people are passionate about protecting. I would hate to go down to a techno night and it be full of cyber spackers tw@tted on ket having gurn offs with each other. So to say that it doesn't matter if people know about the music or not is also wrong.

Just to add, those Alex Calver tracks on Juno are shite and are a perfect example of what I just said.
    I am the eggman

BOA Newbie

Fanny hair

Junior Freak

ball bag :lol:
    I am the eggman

Ultimate Freak

behave lads techno is going great at the moment lets cut down the bitching and get on with it...we can all accept a lot of djs and artist are turning techno from wherever music genere they come . the only thing i ask is if the hard house scene wants to go more techno is that they educate there followers more on the sound we all love. introduce producers on there vynyl from the techno scene like already i can see alex has dave drummer involved. cool that means people who dont no dave drummer will do now and if they are into mixing mabey look for his work......so i think it will help in the increase of vynyl sales in the hard techno scene only if people are aducated properly ,more information availble to the people getting into techno for the first time.if a hard house event wants to put techno artist on then there should be loads of info availble for people to no who they are.

as a former promoter i had a major problem with the fact that i wanted to bring a big techno artist to the club but the case is how to pull a big crowd with them.

i mean somone like henrik b or kay d smith or whoever..........it was a big problem the fact i couldent get a big enough crowd for foriegn quality techno artist.

so guys thay aint no stopping the techno because its coming in like a mother ------ u nos it .so please hard house guys try be a bit more wide spread with your work and try educate your people. if all goes ok vynyl sales will increase because a lot more youngsters will be comming into the record shops and asking for techno. so there are a lot of good points aswell as bad points of hard house djs going techno.

Remember " the meaning of techno is wot each of us brings to it "
    ;)

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by jon connor
    we can all accept a lot of djs and artist are turning techno from wherever music genere they come .
    I wouldn't say they are turning techno, more robbing ideas cos their own sound is so stale.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony
    if you've shackled your artistic life to one creatively sinking ship, to then jump ship and change your style and label it up as something else out of desperation for the quogmire you're facing, then where has the determination gone for the sound you supposedly had so much passion for in the first place. it reaks of artistic unpleasantness.

I am the eggman

Supreme Freak

What a 6 page length of scraggy shit encrusted bog roll across a warehouse floor this thread is.

No one here OWNS techno, or any other form of music - if I'm mistaken please put me in my place. There is shit music in every subsubsubgenre, therefore it's IMPOSSIBLE to make sweeping statements like 'techno artists are more musical than hard house artists' or 'techno clubs are full of more clued up people' - what a load of utter sweaty bollocks. And WHAT a waste of time. Seriously, I hope I never end up at an afterparty with many people commenting here, I'd end up drowning myself in the bath rather than deal with blocking out the ridiculousness of message board experts telling me 'how it is' - get off your high [trojan] horses.

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by jon connor
    the thing i get concerned about is the way in this country we seem to have a rather high speed band wagon.....

agreed. those with conscience should bear a metaphoric cattle prod to keep them off, wther your on the bnad wagon since it began rolling, or your by its side merely getting annoyed at the fickle ****ers.

dzzzz, have that!! :lol:

i hate this island
    I dont know. You give people freedom and what do the do with it?
    WHATEVER THEY BLOODY WELL LIKE!

Likes it hard

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Calver

What u suggest then mate? Should i stop making music altogether? Maybe i'll throw away all my records too and cancel my gigs. Obviously u seem to have some kind of musical authority and insight. Maybe we could arrange for you to share your production blueprints with me and i could attempt to make tracks to cater for your particular requirements. Or maybe i should'nt even be on YOUR forum and i should f*** off back to hardhouse where i belong...
    dont you dare cancel your gigs.
    you better be at atomic energy on saturday or else :lol: ;)

Likes it hard

Quote Originally Posted by schlongfingers
    What a 6 page length of scraggy shit encrusted bog roll across a warehouse floor this thread is.

No one here OWNS techno, or any other form of music - if I'm mistaken please put me in my place. There is shit music in every subsubsubgenre, therefore it's IMPOSSIBLE to make sweeping statements like 'techno artists are more musical than hard house artists' or 'techno clubs are full of more clued up people' - what a load of utter sweaty bollocks. And WHAT a waste of time. Seriously, I hope I never end up at an afterparty with many people commenting here, I'd end up drowning myself in the bath rather than deal with blocking out the ridiculousness of message board experts telling me 'how it is' - get off your high [trojan] horses.
    well said!!!

:clap: :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

classic post that fitipaldi :lol:

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by fitipaldi
    Quote Originally Posted by gumpy green
    why the fuk do techno djs dont look at hiphop/turntablists to enhance thers???
    You obviously don't listen to that much techno then mate, have a listen to the space djs for a start.

You can spot these dodgy HH producers a mile off. HH is created soley for the dancefloor and producers are influenced by things as diverse as the vacuum cleaner, to try to take this mentality over to the techno scene is wrong. Techno artists are obviously influenced by a far wider range of music and it shows in the quality of productions. For a HH producer/DJ to try to pass himself off as having any credibilty within the techno scene, they're going to have to do a bit of research. You can't just turn up with a bag of pounders and expect the crowd to go wild at a techno night, there has to be some thought behind it. The fact that techno tunes are so well produced compared to your average tidy realease means they stand out a mile in a HH club so they are obviously going to get a better reaction.

The crowds at techno clubs are usually far more clued up about the music and that is the reason they go to the night. This creates a special atmosphere in the club that I think people are passionate about protecting. I would hate to go down to a techno night and it be full of cyber spackers tw@tted on ket having gurn offs with each other. So to say that it doesn't matter if people know about the music or not is also wrong.

Just to add, those Alex Calver tracks on Juno are shite and are a perfect example of what I just said.

brilliant! think thats one of the best comments made on this board. :clap:
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

Supreme Freak

Rubbish, it's 17 lines of sweeping generalisation. As for the hoover statement, I'm almost crying at this... fitipaldi, do you really think that the 'hoover' sound aka the mentasm sound is sampled from a vacuum cleaner? Do you think Smarties are called Smarties because they make you clever, or that Mars bars really DO come from Mars?

BOA Lifetime Member

Rubbish, it's 17 lines of sweeping generalisation. As for the hoover statement, I'm almost crying at this... fitipaldi, do you really think that the 'hoover' sound aka the mentasm sound is sampled from a vacuum cleaner? Do you think Smarties are called Smarties because they make you clever, or that Mars bars really DO come from Mars?
    excellent...good to see you can count properly.

in my eyes hes absolutely spot on regarding hard house tunes being purely for the dancefloor...how can you argue against that? at least if your going to put out so called techno tracks at least put a decent deal of thought into it so it doesnt resemble the latest tidy track(in which it does). its the sort of techno that you wouldnt give more than a needles dust to while listening to it in a record shop.

sorry if you dont agree with any of this but i'd probably pack up goin to techno nights if this sort of shit started infiltrating the nights i went to. :dontevengothere:
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

Junior Freak

Don't patronise me dick head, if you want to talk about techno then fair enough. If you like techno and attend many of the quality techno nights throughout the country which promoters try so hard to keep special then surely you would object to this type of thing infiltrating your nights.

I am the eggman

Supreme Freak

I prefer that to snobby trainspotter elitism - and if you don't want to be patronised, dont say ridiculous things. And i've been promoting for ten years.

Supreme Freak

Awaiting the Juno update, Monday January 31st 2004 - [There's strangers on the track]

Junior Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Tony
    yep, and HH doesnt fit in that description, as axiomatic as it is.
    what gives you the right to assume that you are right and they are wrong?
    I don\'t do crack... I would never do a drug named after a part of my own ass - dennis leary

Likes it hard

Quote Originally Posted by fitipaldi

Don't patronise me dick head, if you want to talk about techno then fair enough. If you like techno and attend many of the quality techno nights throughout the country which promoters try so hard to keep special then surely you would object to this type of thing infiltrating your nights.

type of thing your attitude sucks mr

i know,maybe some of you techno snobs should write a rule book.
    who is and isnt allowed in the techno scene.
    ive already been told im not wanted due to liking hardhouse and other styles as well as techno.
    now it seems dress sense is also an issue.
    im 35,i expect thats too old also :roll:

i have spoken to a few techno dj's and promotors who wont post on this forum because of the way some of your are with your attitude.
    lucky for me i know not everyone in the techno scene is the same.
    if this was the only place i could read and learn stuff id prob think alot of you could stick your music where the sun dont shine to be honest.

ok you lot can carry on going off topic with your hardhouse slagging now.

Junior Freak

i've been promoting for ten years.
    I am the eggman

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast