Quote Originally Posted by rounser
anone that thinks anyone else is getting into techno because it is
a : cool
b : a way to make money

is frankly out of their mind
I think it is more credible though. From an interview with Jon Doe:
With your recent EP on Honeypot, many new ideas shined through and it seems your hard dance is still every bit as innovative as your hardcore. Have you got any forthcoming releases on Honeypot or any other hard dance labels?
Nothing in the pipeline as such with hard dance. I was really pleased with the EP, it sounds fresh and aside from 'Dancefloor' all tracks have loads of new ideas. Unfortunately, hard dance music is suffering from the success of dull people with little vibe who have been hyped beyond all comprehension. There’s nothing wrong with justified hype but the ethic of hard dance was having an electric party feel which you can go mad to. Instead, we have techno tracks being played by hard house DJs to be more credible and mixing tracks after they have played all the way through. That is suffocating the scene.
Maybe it's one from column A, one from column B (i.e. they do like techno, and they are playing it for cred reasons too).

but credible to who exactly?
i think this is bullshit , people who i have met and know well are playing techno because they like it man! not for bloody credibility reasons.
mate , when you re standing in front of 2,000 punters on new years eve who are having the time of their lives , you don't start trying to get credible on them do ya ? ( unless you really need to find out what an empty dancefloor looks like )
why is everyone so damn precious about this?
it's as if people aren't allowed to play what they want or something.
everyone is nervous about some kind of over exposure of techno which will water it down somehow.
boy are you wrong!
it will NEVER happen
techno IS the underground of dance music and ALWAYS will be
that is the nature of it , it will always mutate to survive .

so , put your slippers on , get your favorite techno l.p. out
and relax in the knowledge that only 1/2000(ish) other people in the whole
WORLD have that record too .
and just try to forget that fergie ( or who ever ) might be spinning it on radio 1 that very same night. to a bunch of punters who think it's hard house.