Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Junior Freak

Default Hardhouse dj,s in techno!

Now im all for a bit of change but its worrying that Hardhouse dj,s are trying to cross over in to techno.I think the only dj to successfully do this is Andy Farley who has been playing a more tekky feel to his sets for age,s and as his recent work shows with blue cubed & D.a.v.e The Drummer that he has sucedded & for that i take my hat of to him but I feel that others have tried & it sound,s turd paul glazby,s recent voice,s was,nt to bad & acid disco was ok. I used to like Hardhouse once upon a time but it,s just the same now as it was 2 year ago saw if it can,t evolve why can,t it just die same too with that scouse house crap chipmunks on speed. Techno is always been ahead of its time it evolves each year but so many genres stay the same i cannot understand why???
    Underground Techno=D.a.v.e The Drummer=The Daddy!!!!!!!

Supreme Freak

I have a lot of respect to Andy farley for what he has done. But its annoying that hard house crowds are going mad to pure techno when its played to them thinking its just techy hard house. You tell one of them its techno and they don't believe you.

I do think that if Dj's are playing it, it should be billed on the flyer so the crowd learns to appeciate it for what it truly is.

I'm not into this cross over stuff at all. Why write techno with the hard house structure?

Junior Freak

Sounds like a load of crap to me :\

If the crowd likes it when the DJ plays it, why does it matter what the crowd thinks it's called? You cant always expect the crowd to always to be a music geek and know the definitions to every genre and sub-genre.

I hardly see a problem with more people hearing techno.
    http://www.djbacchus.net - Official website with Hard Trance/Hardstyle, Techno & Breakbeat sets

http://www.acid-xs.com Hard & Tech Trance Project

http://www.hard.fm - Online Radio

Supreme Freak

I think its great that more people are getting to hear it. I think you miss understood what I said.

Prince Of Warthogs

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart
    I have a lot of respect to Andy farley for what he has done. But its annoying that hard house crowds are going mad to pure techno when its played to them thinking its just techy hard house. You tell one of them its techno and they don't believe you.

I do think that if Dj's are playing it, it should be billed on the flyer so the crowd learns to appeciate it for what it truly is.

I'm not into this cross over stuff at all. Why write techno with the hard house structure?

stuart this is not a direct dig at you
    but i really needed to say this:

first:
    the crowds aren't going mad to pure(er) techno , but they are slowly learning to dance to techno and appreciate it.

secondly
    hard house djs are generally billed when they are playing techno and every so often they'll book a guy who only plays techno anyway so why the hell should they announce that?
    ie: billy nasty at riot ( erm ......2 hour garage set???!!??)

thirdly techno and hard house have always had a very similar musical structure , especially the clubbier techno/acid techno/london techno , they just use different noises and concentrate on the groove rather than the breaks / breakdowns and they try to avoid using tired musical cliches.

cross over music has been going for years and years
    there is nothing wrong with experimenting
    many hard house guys are really into techno and not just bandwagon jumping , but they've finally seen an opportunity to play it alongside more hard housey stuff that they play. fair play to them i say.

i'm pretty sick of this kind of subject turning up in this forum
    and because i am playing the in odd hard house club, and i see it as a challenge to do so , i'm taking it personally ( a bit )

so get over it everyone , anyone can like any music they want
    and we all have a right to play what we want to hear at the weekend

anone that thinks anyone else is getting into techno because it is
    a : cool
    b : a way to make money

is frankly out of their mind

and one last thing
    on the dancefloor no one cares as long as it's good , and that is a tried and tested fact!

so concentrate on getting more people into techno
    they will buy more records/mp3s/cds , there will be more techno made
    that is a simple equation really isn't it!
    love your mum

BOA Lifetime Member

this doesnt even warrant a proper reply
    upcoming releases : Templ8r 1, Advanced 025, Humanoid 7, Emetic 013 - www.djscottgray.co.uk

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by eyes without a face
    this doesnt even warrant a proper reply
    lol :lol:

Junior Freak

get people into techno! especially fit girls! if we all got one more person into techno that would double the total number, thus making it grow stronger!

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by davethedrummer

stuart this is not a direct dig at you
    but i really needed to say this:

so concentrate on getting more people into techno
    they will buy more records/mp3s/cds , there will be more techno made
    that is a simple equation really isn't it!
    Thats basically what I was driving at.

I've played at several Hard house events, and have never been billed on the flyer as Techno (so I was speaking from personal experience when I said that), on way from leaving these events I also have been asked what Labels I played during my set again when told I played all techno the reply's are mostly, 'it couldn't have been I don't like techno'

On the whole I agree with expanding everyones mind.

I just don't like the cross over stuff though. But then again I can't stand Dave Clarkes stuff. ;)

Supreme Freak

Well if they like your techno records, tell them its hardhouse, then they will stick to hardhouse.

:lol:
    R.I.P JOHN PEEL ...........

Junior Freak

Why write techno with the hard house structure?
    Its all the same anyhoo :!: boom, boom, boom, swooshy bit...boom, boom, boom some more...

i'm pretty sick of this kind of subject turning up in this forum ... / ... so get over it everyone , anyone can like any music they want and we all have a right to play what we want to hear at the weekend...
    :clap: :clap: right on brother ;)
    I don\'t do crack... I would never do a drug named after a part of my own ass - dennis leary

BOA Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by duncandisorderly
    i'm pretty sick of this kind of subject turning up in this forum ... / ... so get over it everyone , anyone can like any music they want and we all have a right to play what we want to hear at the weekend...
    :clap: :clap: right on brother ;)
    I know, right? What is up with this chokehold we have on 'Techno'? Let it breathe a little. I know its everyone's little baby pride and joy and all but c'mon, we must let it play with others and compete. Otherwise, it'll be useless. ;)
    \"Its our job to listen to bad music so you don\'t have to.\" --Clive Davis

BOA Lifetime Member

i must admit bein appalled when i hear hard house heads saying they like techno while telling me about the latest marco bailey record being good. :lol:

guess its just a natural progression of peoples musical taste.....must admit a lot of the hard house heads who are getting into techno are generally about 18/19years old so there gonna find the decent shit sooner or later.
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

Supreme Freak

I enjoy mixing other styles, moreso other mates records at parties. I played some house last weekend, and went out and bought a track 'ticket to ride', rather funky too. Mixing tech gives you such an advantage when play house a good 15bpm slower, holding long mixes is a breaze and alot of fun for me as well.

Prince Of Warthogs

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Dogshit
    i must admit bein appalled when i hear hard house heads saying they like techno while telling me about the latest marco bailey record being good. :lol:

guess its just a natural progression of peoples musical taste.....must admit a lot of the hard house heads who are getting into techno are generally about 18/19years old so there gonna find the decent shit sooner or later.
    ok so if marco bailey isn't techno .........
    love your mum

Ultimate Freak

cos youre Umek ????

i know.. i'll get me hoody
    featured on VOICES Vol 1 - TEMPL8R.1 - V/A - AVAILABLE SEPT

Ultimate Freak

i agree with you on that one. i like my techno with as little breakdowns and cleichays (i know thats nowhere near the correct spelling) as possible (which sadly seems to be the driving force of hardhouse)

BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Dogshit

ok so if marco bailey isn't techno .........
    its a matter of taste mate.....his style of tracks dont interest me but ive come across many a chap whose main interest is hard house but they associate bailey with the cross over tech trance/techno crossover....its easily accessable stuff....you only have to listen to radio 1s very own fergie.
    \"if you don\'t explode a few heads every night, then you\'re not doing your job\" R.Hawtin IDJ 2001

Ultimate Freak

fekkin fergie & his 'im playing techno' bullshit..

hes been pumping pish for years then all of a sudden he has Ruskin & Fenton on his show ?

then hes back to playing pumped up joy riding music...

as a NI dj, he is in the position to help a lot of ppl, but i guess hes too busy helping himself. like so many from this den of a scene...

but thats by the by... give em Rush in a dress on 3 dex & see how much they 'luv their techno'
    featured on VOICES Vol 1 - TEMPL8R.1 - V/A - AVAILABLE SEPT

Junior Freak

anone that thinks anyone else is getting into techno because it is
    a : cool
    b : a way to make money

is frankly out of their mind
    I think it is more credible though. From an interview with Jon Doe:
    With your recent EP on Honeypot, many new ideas shined through and it seems your hard dance is still every bit as innovative as your hardcore. Have you got any forthcoming releases on Honeypot or any other hard dance labels?
    Nothing in the pipeline as such with hard dance. I was really pleased with the EP, it sounds fresh and aside from 'Dancefloor' all tracks have loads of new ideas. Unfortunately, hard dance music is suffering from the success of dull people with little vibe who have been hyped beyond all comprehension. There’s nothing wrong with justified hype but the ethic of hard dance was having an electric party feel which you can go mad to. Instead, we have techno tracks being played by hard house DJs to be more credible and mixing tracks after they have played all the way through. That is suffocating the scene.
    Maybe it's one from column A, one from column B (i.e. they do like techno, and they are playing it for cred reasons too).

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast