Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    BOA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Dogshit
    Quote Originally Posted by fitipaldi
    Quote Originally Posted by gumpy green
    why the fuk do techno djs dont look at hiphop/turntablists to enhance thers???
    You obviously don't listen to that much techno then mate, have a listen to the space djs for a start.

You can spot these dodgy HH producers a mile off. HH is created soley for the dancefloor and producers are influenced by things as diverse as the vacuum cleaner, to try to take this mentality over to the techno scene is wrong. Techno artists are obviously influenced by a far wider range of music and it shows in the quality of productions. For a HH producer/DJ to try to pass himself off as having any credibilty within the techno scene, they're going to have to do a bit of research. You can't just turn up with a bag of pounders and expect the crowd to go wild at a techno night, there has to be some thought behind it. The fact that techno tunes are so well produced compared to your average tidy realease means they stand out a mile in a HH club so they are obviously going to get a better reaction.

The crowds at techno clubs are usually far more clued up about the music and that is the reason they go to the night. This creates a special atmosphere in the club that I think people are passionate about protecting. I would hate to go down to a techno night and it be full of cyber spackers tw@tted on ket having gurn offs with each other. So to say that it doesn't matter if people know about the music or not is also wrong.

Just to add, those Alex Calver tracks on Juno are shite and are a perfect example of what I just said.

brilliant! think thats one of the best comments made on this board. :clap:
    That is the biggest load of sh*t I've ever read

Supreme Freak

I'm not asking for blue peter badge, just not for some imbecile to drop the 'promoters try and keep it special' line on me without knowing my background at all. If the promoters don't want anyone in their clubs they will not let them in, SIMPLE AS, if they felt the same way as you, they would not book people that had anything but the best techno credentials (signed and sealed by your good self of course, as you are clearly the saviour of techno). I don't think any of them have hired you to defend their position have they?

Supreme Freak

[quote="~cheeky~"]
    Quote Originally Posted by fitipaldi
    i have spoken to a few techno dj's and promotors who wont post on this forum because of the way some of your are with your attitude.
    lucky for me i know not everyone in the techno scene is the same.
    if this was the only place i could read and learn stuff id prob think alot of you could stick your music where the sun dont shine to be honest.
    Yeah, isn't it funny how the people bitching are hardly every the DJs, producers or promoters themselves.

Administrator

fitipaldi, calm down. your comment 'dont patronise me dick head' are not making me feel very good. read the rules. you've obviously got alot of really good stuff to say and talk about but there's no need for this.

good little subject this, but i can't help but feel it's going round in circles. and why is one man's music better than the rest? what are all house housers cybered up ket heads?? the plain fact is, alot of the techno that these DJ's are playing IS a form of techno, but it's by no means techno in it's entirety. it frustrates me sometimes when ppl tell me they are into techno and then proceed to talk about only one part of the genre, but i'm not going to loose sleep about it. i think manybe this is what gets us all so hot under the collar, cause there really is so many types of techno and we all believe what we listen to is TECHNO.

but instead of moaning, why not get out there and do something about it? power up cubase or get out on the 1210's and change ppl's attitudes. it seems to me that the only reason why the uk is not the mecca for techno that it should be (like ppl aborad think it is) is there's too much talk and not enough action. at least the hard house guys have got up of they're arse and created a huge scene for themselves and are now playing a small form of techno in their parties. can't see the problem. sort of motivates me to get in the studio now ;)

BOA Lifetime Member
    Birkenhead, shithole but it's my shithole.

threads like these that make me not want to post in the techno forums regulary with the pretentious attitude

the hard house/trance/whatever in techno thing has been done to death, especially on this forum.
    lol the trance has gone

BOA Lifetime Member

I hate hard house, but I can understand why so many people like it.
    And I really don`t see how the Hard House DJ`s getting into techno is going to do any harm to the techno scene, in fact I`m sure it will have the oppostite
    effect.
    As long as the techno producers don`t cash up and start making mindless oompah music then there will always be good techno. And this will shine through the imitation hybrid/hard house stuff that will inevitably be made.

Yeah, the cyber kids might turn up, but being
    In a nutshell, it means.
    More people getting into techno.
    More gigs for techno DJ`s, possibly more record sales, and fresh blood into the scene.

You can moan about it, but personally, I applaud it, cos I don`t want to end up playing to a few mates in a garage.
    Solitary by nature.
    Isolation is the gift.
    Does anyone have courage to stand apart any more?

myspace.com/dirtybassgrooves
    http://www.myspace.com/dirtybassvoidloss
    http://www.subgenius.com

Administrator

:clap:

and on that note, let's leave this alone. everything's been said that's needed to be said.

get producing you slack heads ;)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456