Welcome to the Blackout Audio Techno Forums :: Underground Network.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BOA Newbie

Default same techno story.... imitators ¬¬

Slobodan said in other topic of this forum:

i too dont really see what did this reviewer wanted to say. cant really see the link with NerVioLence's music and reeko's but hey. seems like hes sayin reeko should do something like this nervio guy, wich i, personaly, didnt like, but that doesnt matter. i agree with him that reeko's story is turning out to be a sad one. so much talent wasted on doin the same shit over..and over and over...------------------------------

Now I say:

I agree with slobodan: reeko -among others-...... are just making the same thing all time... just cooking a formula that is not brave now. I´m not on that way.... I CAN´T.

tHere is already a Regis, already a Surgeon..... if you want, already a Wunch. But please... no more same story like slobodan said... that´s sad.

For example I like Rodz-konez, by Makaton...... a good and imaginative artist. He has a strong influence over me in TiJJera Nerviolence, although perhaps my work goes beyond commercial protocols in a more radical way. Sincerely I think I pay no attention to the fact that my traks could be easily played by djs... not much attention. It doesnt matter for me.

I can ´paint´, create, techno in a more or less lineal way -although I declare myself multitextured antilenal or medlineal - but I think that 100 X 100 lineal...... it´s a bit poor! :) in my opinion

We can enrich techno beyond a merely cool powerful loop.
    Scorn and smiles to the mere imitators.
    Hail to the personal and individual <>.<>
    www.tijjera.com

Supreme Freak

Man !?!? :lol:
    Am trying to think if this would make more sense to me in Spanish...

*Pent is thinking hard*

Nope, sorry.... ;)

Ultimate Freak

Quote Originally Posted by penthesilea

*Pent is thinking hard*

Nope, sorry.... ;)
    i get thu just of it but cmon hes spanish so aint gonna get it perfect.

hes just saying there producers sticking to the smae formula and want a discussion on how NOT to.....

i hope i picked it up alright, if not......pfffft

Ultimate Freak

*Pent is thinking hard*

Nope, sorry.... ;)
    i get the just of what hes trying to say but cmon hes spanish so he aint gonna get it perfect.

i think that hes saying that there are producers out ther that are sticking to the same formula and he wants a discussion on how NOT to.....

i hope i picked it up alright, if not......pfffft

my first post was wak

BOA Newbie

Default Correct

Yeah, Gumpy green is right :) He understands me XD

My english is not perfect.... true..... I try!

NRV.
    www.tijjera.com

Supreme Freak

Was just taking the piss...

man I love spanish, english is not my mother tongue either so I understand how sometimes, it makes sense in your original language more than in the "translated" version...

it's the
    "I can ´paint´, create, techno in a more or less lineal way -although I declare myself multitextured antilenal or medlineal - but I think that 100 X 100 lineal...... " that cracked me up...

BOA Newbie

Default ;)

yes, no problem.. my words construction was confuser...

I explain: I can create tecno structures that are more or less lineal. In fact I do it, but I don´t like 100x100 lineal stuff. May be I like to dj it, or to dance it, but not produce it. Cause I prefer more complex structures, in fact I need it, I get boring if I´m treating the same loop with no changes along the track. I´m nervous....;)

Thats because I declare myself as multitextured-antilineal techno craft.

Anyway this is not an attack to lineal 4x4. Cause I love works like the first Downwards for example (gymnastics, speak to me...) and in fact, that´s a part of the TECHNO nature. I also like minimalism, and I like to enjoy a cool loop during 1 hour in case it´s really good and mental (you know that feeling of getting inside a trance...)

I just think it´s possible to enrich structures with changes and breaks.
    www.tijjera.com

Supreme Freak

Default Re: ;)

Agree with all your points there chap!

In english, instead of 100x100 say 100% or 100 percent ;)

Supreme Freak

I do understand...
    ;) As an artist (of any kind), you always want to improve on what you've done, go forward, explore new possibilities...

Ultimate Freak

I do understand...
    ;) As an artist (of any kind), you always want to improve on what you've done, go forward, explore new possibilities...
    this simply isn't true in this genre. people sell a few records and the settle into mediocrity.
    piss and the vultures will pay... coming soon

Ultimate Freak

actually it's true of any genre.. anyways.. you use the word artist.. funny cause i don't see art very much in techno anymore.

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Adverse
    I do understand...
    this simply isn't true in this genre. people sell a few records and the settle into mediocrity.
    I disagree, only with the omission of the word 'Most'

There are still innovators, they just aren't lauded yet.

Supreme Freak

actually it's true of any genre.. anyways.. you use the word artist.. funny cause i don't see art very much in techno anymore.
    mm... sounds like you a bit cynical about it all...
    there's always gonna be people who do for the beauty of it and people who do it for the money...

What's art? What's not?
    far too subjective a subject to ever get a definitive answer...

Ultimate Freak

fine.. i mean i've had or at least try to have that conversation "what is art where does techno take it's place"
    and yes it's far too subjective. well. techno is just that as well.. far too subjective and it tends or at least does move into complete and absolute regurgitation. cynical maybe.. objective sounds much better.

schlong.. yes there are a few but as you said they are so far under the earth you'd need a drilling operation to locate them.

i'd love to have the what is art and what is techno place in it conversation the only people i've ever had it with were luka baumann and dirty bass. two people i do consider techno artists.

Supreme Freak

schlong.. yes there are a few but as you said they are so far under the earth you'd need a drilling operation to locate them.
    hehe, that's the fun bit :D

Supreme Freak

I didn't mean to be dismissive when I said cynical.
    Maybe i'm too naive?

And I am no techno producer, I don't make music so I don't feel am well placed to talk about "is this or that tune art or not"...

But i am an artiste in other ways (very small ones) and the answer I like the most to "what is art" is this one: if it provoque an emotion in somebody, it is art... It doesn't have to be beautifull, but it makes you feel something...

Supreme Freak

so it's in the eyes of the viewer really...
    Or in the hears of the listener...

BOA Newbie

Default art

I assume techno as music and music as art, in general.

The key aspect is that there are a lot of qualities in that art. A lot of times it's merely business thing... That's a common thing in the music industry.

In the tecno scene, a lot of times what happens is that producers make tracks which works just as dj tools.

Anyway, that's always a creative consequence. I repeat> the key thing is the quality result of that creative behaviour. But this...as Adverse said, can be something subjective.

I seriously take electronic music and specially techno as an art. The main aspect is the way you create it.

basic hardtechno, powerful, harsh... (good, I like it)

or more complex constructions, diverse elements, details, layers... This is the way of xploring and enhancing ... achieving something personal.

There is a so big open field for the creativity!

I think mere imitators can be good sound engineers, good sounds producers... but not really good ARTISTS.
    www.tijjera.com

BOA Lifetime Member

if it provoque an emotion in somebody, it is art... It doesn't have to be beautifull, but it makes you feel something...
    ;)
    Be Lucky!

Supreme Freak

Quote Originally Posted by fatcollective
    if it provoque an emotion in somebody, it is art... It doesn't have to be beautifull, but it makes you feel something...
    ;)
    i know, I know, it probably sound naff hey... ;)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast